PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer QB simply AMAZING

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 06:12 PM
According to the radio announcers Gilmer QB Manual Johnson had the following stats in the win over Tatum

Passing 23 of 29 for 424 yds and 7 TDS
Rushing for 105 yds and 1 TD

Gilmer had over 600 yards in offense

Keith7
12-04-2004, 06:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

gobbler grad
12-04-2004, 06:21 PM
totally awesome, is he a senior!

I pick Gilmer/LH in the finals

Manck
12-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Manuel Johnson's a senior comitted to Oklahoma as a WR. The stats were right for yardage, but he was 24-28.

Over 1100 yds of offense between the teams, who were ranked 1st (Gilmer) and 2nd (Tatum) on defense in the state in 3A.

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 06:23 PM
He is a senior and he is bound for Oklahoma next year. Maybe he'll be the next great Sooner QB.

PPHSfan
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
He is a senior and he is bound for Oklahoma next year. Maybe he'll be the next great Sooner QB.

He is going to OU to play WR. Rhett Bomar is the next great OU QB.

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
He is going to OU to play WR. Rhett Bomar is the next great OU QB.

Correct-a-mundo O sage one!

VWG
12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Hate seeing good Texas born and bred athletes turn into Okies......

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hate seeing good Texas born and bred athletes turn into Okies...... it just makes me sick!

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hate seeing good Texas born and bred athletes turn into Okies......

VWG....maybe we could talk you into editing your post to delete everything after "Hate" and before "Okies".

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
VWG....maybe we could talk you into editing your post to delete everything after "Hate" and before "Okies". yea thats a good idea, we could stick "we" before the "hate" as well...:evillaugh

Gilmer Buckeye
12-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey, Manck, good to see you here. We Buckeyes need help on this board! We are outnumbered, but most of the Nutz here are "skilled" just as the Buckeye hosses out on the field are.

I'll trust your stats on Manuel etc. over those of the radio guys and certainly over those of Phillip Williams. I know you use some kind of fancy computer program to enter all your stats. Keep 'em coming.

Port_town_texas
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
According to the radio announcers Gilmer QB Manual Johnson had the following stats in the win over Tatum

Gilmer had over 600 yards in offense dam!!!!!!:eek:

lobo12
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
i dont see how you can play high school football in texas, and then go play college ball for ou

Hupernikomen
12-05-2004, 11:44 PM

Gilmer had over 600 yards in offense

that was one super set of receivers...manuel threw the ball right where it needed to be and they snagged the ball everytime.

j_dog
12-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
that was one super set of receivers...manuel threw the ball right where it needed to be and they snagged the ball everytime.
Yes, Gilmer folks, are they THAT good EVERY week, or were they in some kind of zone against Tatum? :eek: They looked too much like the Burnet team of the last two years to leave me feeling comfortable.

Manck
12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
The numbers for the Buckeyes haven't been THAT huge all year, but they've been up there. The only teams that have kept the numbers slightly deflated were a Pittsburg team that had 2 weeks to prepare for a team missing Daniel Dodd in the middle, and a Spring Hill team with DeMario Thomas. That name sound familiar? Yeah, his big brother is JaMario Thomas, the phenom freshman RB at North Texas. And DeMario has the same capability as his big brother. Gilmer fumbling at least twice in the red zone in the Spring Hill game didn't help either.

Snyder's O-Line sounds like they'll be able to push Gilmer's D-Line around. But the Gilmer linebackers will be able to stop whatever run you send. There's a reason that Hollis and Dodd are already committed to two pretty good I-A programs in KState and BYU.

Bring it on.

JR2004
12-06-2004, 01:30 AM
My computer crashed so I wasn't able to congratulate Gilmer on winning last week, so I'm sorry for being late. Manuel Johnson is one heck of a QB, that's for sure. He was single-handedly the difference. It's all that the OC and DC for Madison talked about on Monday. He's a real special player. He's the most exciting 3A player I've watched since I broadcast Taurean Henderson's final high school game for Gatesville in 2000 in the state championship. I'm hoping for a Jasper-Gilmer state title match-up!

BlitzemAll
12-06-2004, 10:40 AM
HS players go to OU after they graduate because they want a chance to compete for national titles.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
My computer crashed so I wasn't able to congratulate Gilmer on winning last week, so I'm sorry for being late. Manuel Johnson is one heck of a QB, that's for sure. He was single-handedly the difference. It's all that the OC and DC for Madison talked about on Monday. He's a real special player. He's the most exciting 3A player I've watched since I broadcast Taurean Henderson's final high school game for Gatesville in 2000 in the state championship. I'm hoping for a Jasper-Gilmer state title match-up!

That matchup was the one I was hoping to avoid by Gilmer going D-I, but after seeing them I think it is going to happen and I am not as worried as I was...only because I have seen them and know what they are about. I think if we are lucky enough to get a shot at them we can make a game of it.