PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer WINS 60-35. On to Semi Finals!!!

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Watch out Snyder. The Buckeyes are looking good!!

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 06:42 PM
On Smoakey.com they are saying that the game will be either at Texas Stadium or in Grand Prairie(?). Probably on Saturday.

Black_Magic
12-04-2004, 06:44 PM
texas stadium is secured for saturday i believe. I think teh tigers will be ready. How about some good old fashon smash mouth football?:D 7 yards and a cloud of dust.

Buffalo
12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
You must still be on grass Black Magic Texas Stadium is turf and no dust.

Manck
12-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Three yards and a cloud of ground up tires won't happen if the Black Flag Defense of Gilmer has anything to say about it. The 35 they gave up to Tatum today is the most they've given up since their loss to Daingerfield in the first round of the 2002 playoffs. Before that, an OT win where they gave up 35...in SEPTEMBER 2001.

This was only the third game that Gilmer has given up 35 since 2000 when Jeff Traylor took the reins as head coach. Traylor has an overall record of 49-8, all at Gilmer HS.

Good luck Snyder stopping Johnson, Hollis, Bowser, Dodd, Lovely, Skinner, Tennison.....i'll stop for now.

Buckeye80
12-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Excellent game for the Buckeyes tonight!!:clap:

It's funny when you have the numbers 1 and 3 scoring defenses in the state matched together, and both teams combine for over 1,100 yards of offense (Gilmer ((650-ish)) and Tatum ((450-ish))). And Gilmer had 416 yards and 32 points at the half! Tatum came to play tonight and just got overpowered. There were no excuses in this one. Better execution, better athletes, and better coaching won out.
I am so excited to finally see Gilmer play a team from across the state. We never get an oppurtunity to play out of the East Texas area except for the occasional Dallas area school.
Bring your "A-game" Snyder, because I know Jeff Traylor will bring his. Both teams have made it to the "final four" and should be congratulated on terrific seasons regardless of the outcome. It should be a tremendous game:clap: , and may the best team win.

Reg I CHAMPION Snyder Tigers
Reg II CHAMPION Gilmer Buckeyes

I can hardly wait!!!:D :eek:

Bullaholic
12-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Excellent game for the Buckeyes tonight!!:clap:

It's funny when you have the numbers 1 and 3 scoring defenses in the state matched together, and both teams combine for over 1,100 yards of offense (Gilmer ((650-ish)) and Tatum ((450-ish))). And Gilmer had 416 yards and 32 points at the half! Tatum came to play tonight and just got overpowered. There were no excuses in this one. Better execution, better athletes, and better coaching won out.
I am so excited to finally see Gilmer play a team from across the state. We never get an oppurtunity to play out of the East Texas area except for the occasional Dallas area school.
Bring your "A-game" Snyder, because I know Jeff Traylor will bring his. Both teams have made it to the "final four" and should be congratulated on terrific seasons regardless of the outcome. It should be a tremendous game:clap: , and may the best team win.

Reg I CHAMPION Snyder Tigers
Reg II CHAMPION Gilmer Buckeyes

I can hardly wait!!!:D :eek:

I'm with you Buckeye---a classic East-West showdown between two great teams that have shown they belong. Let's dance!

Buckeye80
12-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm with you Buckeye---a classic East-West showdown between two great teams that have shown they belong. Let's dance!

And dance we shall. I think everyone across the state will see that the East Texas "speed" vs. West Texas "size" stereotypes are not always true. Snyder has to have some speed to beat Sweetwater, and we aren't exactly "tiny".
This one will come down to execution and heart. Football is football no matter where you're from, and I can't wait for Snyder vs. Gilmer football.:devil:

westTXbest
12-04-2004, 10:50 PM
I think syder will see something they havent seen before against gilmer, but if they play like us west texas boys can than it will be a good game.

7Rollin High
12-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Ive heard of the East Texas speed but... i dont believe that they can be much faster than Sweetwater.... itll be a great game Go Snyder

Hupernikomen
12-05-2004, 02:58 AM
Gilmer has some tall kids and plenty of speed. Might be the best set of receivers I have seen on one team yet, and you gotta like having a kid on your team named Lovely :D Boy what a collision he had with #4 from Tatum late in the game.

jmcgee
12-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
And dance we shall. I think everyone across the state will see that the East Texas "speed" vs. West Texas "size" stereotypes are not always true. Snyder has to have some speed to beat Sweetwater, and we aren't exactly "tiny".
This one will come down to execution and heart. Football is football no matter where you're from, and I can't wait for Snyder vs. Gilmer football.:devil:
I agree, Unless your from texas then its much more I'm sure most Texans would agree.