PDA

View Full Version : For those who doubt west texas

mustang04
12-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Abilene Wylie, one of the 3 teams that shared the District championship in 4-3A along with Sweetwater and Snyder, pounded Royse City, so i cant help but laugh at the fact that everyone thinks that west texas is weak in football

next week Snyder will show what they're made of

That would be awesome, to be in the same district that had 2 teams in the Sate championships of both Divisions, and another team that lost 4th round to one of those teams...tough, tough, tough district....where are those Clyde posters saying there were no Big 3...cuz obviously there was

SintonFan
12-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Ohh, and don't forget that region four is just as bad.;)

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Just wait till you meet Gilmer or Tatum in the semis.

mustang04
12-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Just wait till you meet Gilmer or Tatum in the semis.

i wont be meeting them, Ill be studying for final exams...but there are still 7 days to go, and i cant wait

mustang04
12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Ohh, and don't forget that region four is just as bad.;)

im not saying that east texas isnt good...im just saying that west texas dserves a little more respect than what is handed to them, especially for being the teams they are w/ the kids they have

3afan
12-04-2004, 07:14 PM
this isnt a big west texas football revival .... there just happens to be a few really good teams from the left-most portion of the state this year

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
this isnt a big west texas football revival .... there just happens to be a few really good teams from the left-most portion of the state this year

Dissagre. 3 great teams from 1 single district in West Texas. Would be awesome for both Wylie and Snyder to win state titles. Not sure if that has ever been done before.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Dissagre. 3 great teams from 1 single district in West Texas. Would be awesome for both Wylie and Snyder to win state titles. Not sure if that has ever been done before.

Believe me, Wylie won't be winning a state title if the Gobblers have anything to do about it, and they do!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:32 PM
That is what Decatur said too.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:35 PM
That is what Decatur said too.

Actually, decatur is a town, maybe a poster from decatur said it, but not Decatur, because Decatur isn't a person.
And, I said if the gobblers had anything to do with it, meaning if they stop them, because no one is guaranteed the championship just yet, both teams want it and can taste it. It just depends which team is hungrier on friday night!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Actually, decatur is a town, maybe a poster from decatur said it, but not Decatur, because Decatur isn't a person.
And, I said if the gobblers had anything to do with it, meaning if they stop them, because no one is guaranteed the championship just yet, both teams want it and can taste it. It just depends which team is hungrier on friday night!

??????

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:40 PM
??????

Just givin you a hard time zmotion, nothin' personal, I am anxious to see the matchup this week. Will you be attending?

mustang04
12-04-2004, 07:42 PM

ok smart@$$....im pretty sure Z motion knows that Decatur aint a single person, but it is understood in the English language that when a majority of a population or community have an opinion or make decisions, or take actions, etc. then it can be expressed as a proper noun taking on the actions of a pronoun (such as they)...or in other words it is being personified

so therefore there is nothing wrong with the statement:
"That is what Decatur said too. " because a mjority of decatur ppl did say that

3afan
12-04-2004, 07:45 PM

OK - thats only 1 district, 3 good teams (not great ... SLC in the early 90s was great, '83 Daingerfield was great.) ...

and yes its been done - the last time was when Judson & SA Roosevelt won titles in the late 80's i believe

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

so therefore there is nothing wrong with the statement:
"That is what Decatur said too. " because a mjority of decatur ppl did say that

Please, you don't wanna get in an English lesson with me, and I never said there was anything wrong with the statement, I was just simply giving him a hard time, gee, nobody has any sense of humor on this board, and I never stated that Cuero has won yet either, because Wylie probly wants to win just as bad!;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I know Mustang04 has my back. Yes, I know gobblerfan02 was just "joshing".

No I'm planning on watching the Snyder/Gilmer game. The wife will only let me out of the house for 1 night.

I have been hating on Wylie all year. I saw them play Vernon and I wasn't impressed. They had a lot of size and a great Qb, but the receivers didn't make plays. The RB was decent, had decent speed, but Dee Walker of Snyder looked much better. Nevertheless I have egg all over my face as Wylie will be playing for all the marbles. Great coaching and they are battle tested as they have played one heck of a schedule, which I think has helped them down the stretch.

Gotta support them now.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
OK - thats only 1 district, 3 good teams (not great ... SLC in the early 90s was great, '83 Daingerfield was great.) ...

and yes its been done - the last time was when Judson & SA Roosevelt won titles in the late 80's i believe

Ya, in '93, SLC beat Cuero in the 3A Championship @ Baylor none-the-less!:(

TheDOCTORdre
12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Believe me, Wylie won't be winning a state title if the Gobblers have anything to do about it, and they do!
That sounds like a guarantee to win the state title to me but maybe I dont know what I'm talking about

mustang04
12-04-2004, 07:51 PM

what defines great?? how do u know that these teams arent great??? maybe that SLC team and 83 Daingerfield were just awesome.....

ive seen several great teams play....some that dont even play in the state game

mustang04
12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Please, you don't wanna get in an English lesson with me, and I never said there was anything wrong with the statement, I was just simply giving him a hard time, gee, nobody has any sense of humor on this board, and I never stated that Cuero has won yet either, because Wylie probly wants to win just as bad!;)

I'd love to get in an English lesson with you, cuz i have finals in 2 weeks and need all the preparation possible:D

by the way, if u have ever read any of my posts....u should know i have a sense of humor, i popped outta my mom laughing my head off!:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
gobblerfan02 probably doesn't know that I'm a college professor and grade a lot of papers. I think I know the English language as well as anyone. Of course I don't type so well sometimes myself. But I have never got on this board and graded someone's use of grammar.

My Home Page

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Hate to drop my credentials like that but sometimes it is nice to do when someone is hating!:)

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 08:01 PM
I got lucky this semester and only have one final on the 14th, and have no classes @ all next week, got very fortunate. Ya, a good sense of humor is nice to have, good luck on the finals mustang.

mustang04
12-04-2004, 08:01 PM
gobblerfan02 probably doesn't know that I'm a college professor and grade a lot of papers. I think I know the English language as well as anyone. Of course I don't type so well sometimes myself. But I have never got on this board and graded someone's use of grammar.

My Home Page

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison

dang...haha, u have to admit that was some pretty good BS'n i just did about Decatur and personification and all...hehe:D

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Hate to drop my credentials like that but sometimes it is nice to do when someone is hating!:)

Dang, I'm definitely outta my league here then! But who was I "hating" on?

mustang04
12-04-2004, 08:04 PM
I got lucky this semester and only have one final on the 14th, and have no classes @ all next week, got very fortunate. Ya, a good sense of humor is nice to have, good luck on the finals mustang.

you too!...i on the other hand have chemistry, biology, American lit. 2324, and sociology exams all n a 2 day span...and wouldnt ya know..they are the last 2 friggin days of the semester...i SWEAR these professors plan this on purpose

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey I know the feeling...I did my time as well.

3afan
12-04-2004, 08:06 PM
what defines great?? how do u know that these teams arent great??? maybe that SLC team and 83 Daingerfield were just awesome.....

ive seen several great teams play....some that dont even play in the state game

great is a matter of opinion obviously ... but IMO opinion very few teams playing this year have earned the title to be great. SLC maybe, 44-1 since moving up to 5A is tough to argue with.

wylie & snyder (11-3) may win a state titles but they certainly haven't earned the great title with 3 losses IMO

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 08:07 PM
you too!...i on the other hand have chemistry, biology, American lit. 2324, and sociology exams all n a 2 day span...and wouldnt ya know..they are the last 2 friggin days of the semester...i SWEAR these professors plan this on purpose

I can help you out w/ the bio/chem, I am majoring in bio, applyin to med school this semester, and have taking 18 hours of chemistry electives as well. Grad. 1st in my class in Cuero!;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 08:07 PM
great is a matter of opinion obviously ... but IMO opinion very few teams playing this year have earned the title to be great. SLC maybe, 44-1 since moving up to 5A is tough to argue with.

wylie (11-3) may win a state title but they certainly haven't earned the great title with 3 losses IMO

Last year Atlanta had a GREAT team. Also had 4 losses. HHuummm????

3afan
12-04-2004, 08:09 PM
GREAT in YOUR opinion, thats cool .....

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Last year Atlanta had a GREAT team. Also had 4 losses. HHuummm????

I'll support ya w/ this one, now, it doesn't matter which team has what record, you can throw that out the window, it's who wants it more that will win!

wildstangs
12-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Snyder only has two losses this year.

mustang04
12-04-2004, 08:54 PM
I can help you out w/ the bio/chem, I am majoring in bio, applyin to med school this semester, and have taking 18 hours of chemistry electives as well. Grad. 1st in my class in Cuero!;)

same here...cept i didnt graduate 1st of my class...i was 14th...just goes to show what being lazy can do! but what is sad is that Tech wouldnt give me an academic scholarship because i was in the top 11% of my class instead of top ten, yet i scored higher on my ACT than like 7-8 of the top 10...thats why im here at Angelo! they werent stingy w/ their money

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 08:56 PM
yep, that's why I went to UTSA instead of A&M, money talks, especially to broke college students!

big daddy russ
12-05-2004, 03:59 PM

...and yes its been done - the last time was when Judson & SA Roosevelt won titles in the late 80's i believe
It's happened twice. Once in 5A and once in 4A.... the two-division system didn't get implemented until the very early 90's.

In 5A, Judson and Roosevelt won in '95 and in 4A Texas City and LaMarque both won sometime in the later part of the decade. Maybe '97 or '98... don't remember exactly.

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's happened twice. Once in 5A and once in 4A.... the two-division system didn't get implemented until the very early 90's.

In 5A, Judson and Roosevelt won in '95 and in 4A Texas City and LaMarque both won sometime in the later part of the decade. Maybe '97 or '98... don't remember exactly.

i was wondering when someone was going to correct this... i had to read the entire thread to get it

3afan
12-05-2004, 04:16 PM
ok, i was off by some years with judson & roosevelt, i did say "i believe" .....

the point was it had been done before

jmcgee
12-06-2004, 02:15 AM
I have a question. Has three teams in the same district been the only teams remaining in there Region. 4-3a did it this year have there been others?