View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers vs. Abilene Wylie Bulldogs

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 12:54 PM
For the State Championship!!!
Might as well start this poll early!

Ranger Mom
12-04-2004, 01:00 PM
I have no clue, really!!

I picked Abilene Wylie - I would love not to only see two championships out of Region 1 - but out of the same district!!

Keith7
12-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I vote Decatur from the rafters

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, if Halletsville wins out, district 26-3A could also have 2 titles, but they must get by the LH running attack today! But both teams must keep winning!

gobbler grad
12-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm going with my Gobblers...we been down a long road not to give up them now...
they got what it takes to become state champions...since we will not play any more after this week, unless Div. 2 wants some of us, I guess we can really talk up a storm...these boys have hearts as big as Texas and never give up, so I think CUERO by 10...I have no idea what Abilene has, but after a game with Palestine these guys can play with anybody... we will just have to wait and see

GO MEAN GREEN

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Does anyone from Decatur or Rusk know what the key is to beating Wylie, since those are two teams that were able to do so!

Gp83
12-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Gobblers will win STATE!!!

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Gobblers will win STATE!!!

Thx for all the support guys!

DOGFAN
12-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Hard to pick against the Gobblers who have been awesome all year, but these Wylie boys are playing some serious ball right now. This will be a memorable game. I hear Cuero is pretty big up front so that should be a very interesting match-up in the trenches.

TheDOCTORdre
12-04-2004, 02:47 PM
4-3A REPRESENT

SintonFan
12-04-2004, 02:50 PM

Phil C
12-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I'm going with my Gobblers...we been down a long road not to give up them now...
they got what it takes to become state champions...since we will not play any more after this week, unless Div. 2 wants some of us, I guess we can really talk up a storm...these boys have hearts as big as Texas and never give up, so I think CUERO by 10...I have no idea what Abilene has, but after a game with Palestine these guys can play with anybody... we will just have to wait and see

GO MEAN GREEN

Goblers beat Wylie by at least ten and win the State Championship not only for their school and city but region 4! Don't worry Grad. Division 2 wants none of Cuero. In fact they are just greatful (or should be) that Gonzales didn't make the playoffs. :)

44INAROW
12-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Goblers beat Wylie by at least ten and win the State Championship not only for their school and city but region 4! Don't worry Grad. Division 2 wants none of Cuero. In fact they are just greatful (or should be) that Gonzales didn't make the playoffs. :)

As usual, a good post Phil. I hope the Gobblers will bring the gold back where it belongs.. REGION IV :).. GO MEAN GREEN

LilMic43
12-04-2004, 03:16 PM
gobblerfan I played against wylie during the playoffs this year and the best way to shut them down is to stop the big plays. DO NOT let their running back 44 get loose or he will hurt you. Watch the o-line very good and big with speed. QB is very accurate and can hurt you running or throwing. They don't hide much of their plays, shift alot and try to give you a bunch to think about but if you know the formations you know the plays. They don't try and trick you they just run their plays to perfection. Defensively they are good up front at getting pressure and have a good secondary. O-line just needs to do a great job of blocking give your rb a couple of holes and your qb some time and make great desicions or wylie will get you. Hope that helps ya. Good luck to Cuero and Wylie give us one to remember.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LilMic43
gobblerfan I played against wylie during the playoffs this year and the best way to shut them down is to stop the big plays. DO NOT let their running back 44 get loose or he will hurt you. Watch the o-line very good and big with speed. QB is very accurate and can hurt you running or throwing. They don't hide much of their plays, shift alot and try to give you a bunch to think about but if you know the formations you know the plays. They don't try and trick you they just run their plays to perfection. Defensively they are good up front at getting pressure and have a good secondary. O-line just needs to do a great job of blocking give your rb a couple of holes and your qb some time and make great desicions or wylie will get you. Hope that helps ya. Good luck to Cuero and Wylie give us one to remember.

Thanks for the downlow on the wylie team lilmic43, I hope Cuero will be able to pull this one out, but its gonna be a rough fight for whoever brings home the championship!

Old Tiger
12-04-2004, 03:52 PM
What is location of this game?

cat dog horse
12-04-2004, 03:54 PM
waco at baylor's stadium...not sure what the name of it is?

TAMUGRAD
12-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Anyone got a time and date on this game?

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 05:15 PM
I heard Friday for sure, but not sure of the time, 7:30 or 8?

cat dog horse
12-04-2004, 05:24 PM

gobbler grad
12-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Floyd Casey Stadium

3afan
12-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Lufkin & Southlake Carroll are also playing in Waco - I think Sat

CuErO's BiG "O"
12-04-2004, 05:50 PM
just talked to coach reeve, game is friday night at 8 at baylor university

CuErO's BiG "O"
12-04-2004, 05:51 PM
GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS. PARTYIN ALL WEEK TILL FRIDAY. BRINGING THE TROPHY BACK TO THE RO!!!!

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by CuErO's BiG "O"
GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS. PARTYIN ALL WEEK TILL FRIDAY. BRINGING THE TROPHY BACK TO THE RO!!!!

That partyin' better not include any of the players', in the words of a former Cuero AD, who'm I don't wanna name, "Get ur mind right!"

LALK
12-04-2004, 06:36 PM
wylie by a touchdown...should be a great game tho

44INAROW
12-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by LALK
wylie by a touchdown...should be a great game tho

LOL second thoughts huh? I saw what you had before you edited..... That's OK we've been called a bunch of turkeys before.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:33 PM
I hope that the game is even more exciting than the past cuero playoff games, which non have been too dull. Good luck to both teams this week in preparation.!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Both teams have a lot of size. Should be a good matchup. I have been picking against Wylie all year. Saw them play early in this season and wasn't inpressed. Wow do I have egg on my face now.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Both teams have a lot of size. Should be a good matchup. I have been picking against Wylie all year. Saw them play early in this season and wasn't inpressed. Wow do I have egg on my face now.

You're right, both teams have had tough competition getting to this game.
Cuero Abilene Wylie
1st...West Columbia 21-7 Ft. Stockton 31-7
2nd...Wimberley 21-17 Canyon 35-20
3rd...Sinton 31-0 Decatur 14-13
Semis...Palestine 27-17 Royse City 28-0

It's just my opinion, but I think w/ the exception of Decatur, Cuero has had a much tougher schedule in the playoffs, but it's biased because I don't know much about the other three teams Wylie played in the post season.

LALK
12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LOL second thoughts huh? I saw what you had before you edited..... That's OK we've been called a bunch of turkeys before.

no not second thoughts...just thought i wouldn't be rude

44INAROW
12-04-2004, 09:25 PM
no not second thoughts...just thought i wouldn't be rude

:)

Highschoolfan78
12-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Hopefully this will be like alot of the great exciting games i have gone to in the past few weeks. Cuero hopefully will come out on top to give Coach Reeve his first state title ever and give Cuero their 4th in history. The poll question should be is Waco ready for the crazy wild Cuero fans!!!! Go Mean Green!!!

:p

DOGFAN
12-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
You're right, both teams have had tough competition getting to this game.
Cuero Abilene Wylie
1st...West Columbia 21-7 Ft. Stockton 31-7
2nd...Wimberley 21-17 Canyon 35-20
3rd...Sinton 31-0 Decatur 14-13
Semis...Palestine 27-17 Royse City 28-0

It's just my opinion, but I think w/ the exception of Decatur, Cuero has had a much tougher schedule in the playoffs, but it's biased because I don't know much about the other three teams Wylie played in the post season.

Canyon was a very exceptional team (no fluke at 11-0), and Royse City was very athletic but never got in their groove against our defense.

DOGFAN
12-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Keep picking against us it seems to be good for us;) I can see where you are coming from if you only saw the Vernon game though, that's the time of year that Wylie is always rebuilding and working on the weaker parts of their game. Every year I hear criticism early on that Sandifer always passes when the running game was working better or something to that effect. All the pre-season is to him is a time to develop a well-balanced attack for a playoff run. What you saw was Wylie "practicing" against a good Vernon team that was for some reason struggling.

Leopards,class of 75
12-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
Keep picking against us it seems to be good for us;) I can see where you are coming from if you only saw the Vernon game though, that's the time of year that Wylie is always rebuilding and working on the weaker parts of their game. Every year I hear criticism early on that Sandifer always passes when the running game was working better or something to that effect. All the pre-season is to him is a time to develop a well-balanced attack for a playoff run. What you saw was Wylie "practicing" against a good Vernon team that was for some reason struggling. Last year everyone counted the Gainesville Leopards out in the playoffs which was good for us too. This game between Wylie and Cuero should be a great game. I remember my senior year we played Cuero for the state championship final game in 1974. Cuero 19, Gainesville 7. I have heard the Cuero has won 3 championships, has Abilene Wylie ever won state? Wished I could see this game, good luck to both teams!!!!

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Last year everyone counted the Gainesville Leopards out in the playoffs which was good for us too. This game between Wylie and Cuero should be a great game. I remember my senior year we played Cuero for the state championship final game in 1974. Cuero 19, Gainesville 7. I have heard the Cuero has won 3 championships, has Abilene Wylie ever won state? Wished I could see this game, good luck to both teams!!!! I was a Junior that year.... so I guess 30 years ago, we were both at the same game - that's pretty neat :D

Leopards,class of 75
12-05-2004, 12:55 AM
I was a Junior that year.... so I guess 30 years ago, we were both at the same game - that's pretty neat :D That is really awesome to be at that same game back in 1974. The game was played at College station, Texas A&M's field. I remember that it was very foggy on the way home after the game. Gainesville lost the state final game in 1974, 1976 and again in 1978. Finally in 2003 (25 years after our loss to Brownwood in 1978) we win state against a great team, Burnet.

VWG
12-05-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't know about the coaching staff of Cuero, but Abilene Wylie has the best head coach in all of 3A. Sandifer has been there forever, and he will have a gameplan to stop Cuero. The way they played against Decatur shows how Wylie can prepare and play with anybody come playoff time.
It will be interesting to see how the lines play against each other in this one. With Cuero and Wylie both having some size on the lines this game could be won in the trenches.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
The poll question should be is Waco ready for the crazy wild Cuero fans!!!!

:eek: :eek: I doubt it!

D-GOOD
12-05-2004, 02:12 AM
This is to the Wylie people we have been picked to lose in 3 straight polls and will probaly picked to lose again this week. I know yall are probaly not concerned though because thats why we play the game. For the Cuero people watch out for Wylie they are what a TEAM is about not any "superstars " they just play sound fundamental football with great athletes and coaches. I watched them this year and even though we won I could tell this team is built for the playoffs. Wylie by 17

7Rollin High
12-05-2004, 02:18 AM
I agreee with DGOOD Ive seen Wylie play and they are a great team on both sides of the ball.... i have only seen highlights from Cueros games and from what i saw Wylie wins by 11

Roll'em up
12-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Does anyone from Decatur or Rusk know what the key is to beating Wylie, since those are two teams that were able to do so!

The key to beating Wylie is to be able to handle their defensive line with your offensive line. Considering I haven't seen Cuero play, this may be the best D-Line in the state. They have good size and speed up front, especially #54. If you can have a little success running the ball then it will open up opportunities in the passing game.

Offensivley Wylie has good athletes, but are somewhat predictable in what they are going to do (which is alot). You must stop #44 running the ball and catching out of the backfield. In throwing situations take away #41 and #44 and contain the QB who is a good runner. They will use multiple formations, shifts, and motions to find a weakness in your defense. Your defensive coordinator better do a very good job of covering all bases.

Of course, this is not nearly as simple as I make it sound.

Black_Magic
12-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Keep picking against us it seems to be good for us;) Hey I know how you feel. I hope people keep picking against us ( snyder ) every time they have we won. now we have some band wagon passengers ( all welcome aboard of course ). Im going with Wylie and the possibility of a Double 4-3A state championship.

Highschoolfan78
12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
The people who were stating that Wylie has the best Defensive line should realize that they are going against one of the best offensive lines. Not taking anything away from them, but they better be awesome to get past Cuero's line. Personally I do not think they will have the same success against the Cuero line from the highlights I have seen. If Wylie has a better defense than Wimberley or Palestine then I'm wrong on this whole ideal. Cuero's defense is what is keeping our team together and making huge plays. Cuero by 10

pero chato
12-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Hey I know how you feel. I hope people keep picking against us ( snyder ) every time they have we won. now we have some band wagon passengers ( all welcome aboard of course ). Im going with Wylie and the possibility of a Double 4-3A state championship.

Hey Black Magic congrats to the Tigers on the big win. Snyder has been playing like a different team since the second half of the Wylie game, if you think about it. Glad we could help find your game! It's all paying off now and I think all of west Texas is rooting for both of us to pull it off. Yes, even those Mustangs--well some of them at least! There's nothing like playing and winning at Texas stadium and of course getting a picture on the star at midfield. Good luck this week!

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry I have been absent through most of this discussion, but I'm here now. I've read where Wylie plays like a TEAM and has no STARS, well Cuero also plays like a team with exceptional atheletes, and there really is no stars either. They seem to come together throughout the playoffs, as it seems as Wylie has also. Good luck to both sides, although everyone knows who I want to win.:D
Go Gobblers, 26-3A!
P.S. I just woke up, went to a (don't know if I should say it) place where women shed their clothing!;)

Highschoolfan78
12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
You went to the Brittany Spears show in Vic too gobblerfan02??? :p

pero chato
12-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Sorry I have been absent through most of this discussion, but I'm here now. I've read where Wylie plays like a TEAM and has no STARS, well Cuero also plays like a team with exceptional atheletes, and there really is no stars either. They seem to come together throughout the playoffs, as it seems as Wylie has also. Good luck to both sides, although everyone knows who I want to win.:D
Go Gobblers, 26-3A!
P.S. I just woke up, went to a (don't know if I should say it) place where women shed their clothing!;)

The two teams sound very similar in the team aspect. Wylie doesn't really have anyone with all-state stats. The more I read about Cuero, it sounds like this game will be trench warfare. Two exceptional defenses battling it out.
Now about that place you visited after waking up....;)

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
What about it, and I went last night, just woke up this morning. Anyway, back to the football discussion, ya, this game could be won in the trenches with one's side line controlling the other, the team that is able to do this will win the game. Smashmouth football is what I like to see!

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 02:51 PM
What about it, and I went last night, just woke up this morning. Anyway, back to the football discussion, ya, this game could be won in the trenches with one's side line controlling the other, the team that is able to do this will win the game. Smashmouth football is what I like to see!

hhmm PERO sounds like 02 doesn't wanna give any details.. LOL LOL.......... maybe if all the MOM's leave the room he would... Just given you a hard time KK:D :D

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 03:06 PM
hhmm PERO sounds like 02 doesn't wanna give any details.. LOL LOL.......... maybe if all the MOM's leave the room he would... Just given you a hard time KK:D :D

Just wanted to let you know that YOU are the only reason I didn't post any DETAILS, word travels fast in that small town of ours, jk! I wouldn't care if you told anyways!

dogdad
12-05-2004, 03:28 PM
hello, hello.........anybody home? hello

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
hello, hello.........anybody home? hello

They seemed to have disappered

dogdad
12-05-2004, 03:40 PM
when did Rusk beat AW?
AW has 3 losses on the year
the 1 district loss and 2 non-district losses (Decatur and Aledo)

the key to beating Wylie is to prevent them from scoring, because their defense will shut down Cuero.

AW 21
Cuero 3

jason
12-05-2004, 03:47 PM
when did Rusk beat AW?

the key to beating Wylie is to prevent them from scoring, because their defense will shut down Cuero.

AW 21
Cuero 3 have you seen cuero ?

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 04:08 PM
when did Rusk beat AW?

AW 21
Cuero 3

Ok I am sorry, but DUH.. "the key to beating Wylie is to prevent them from scoring" I know I am just a MOM,, but DAYUM isn't that pretty obvious.

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Ok I am sorry, but DUH.. "the key to beating Wylie is to prevent them from scoring" I know I am just a MOM,, but DAYUM isn't that pretty obvious.

LOL, way to go 44!

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 04:47 PM
bump

cat dog horse
12-05-2004, 04:53 PM
AW 21
Cuero 3

lol, 21-3 huh? you must know a lot about the cuero team

gobbler grad
12-05-2004, 04:54 PM
i can tell he has never seen us play!

cat dog horse
12-05-2004, 04:58 PM
yeah, obviously

thats exactly why im not going to make a prediction yet until i know more about their team instead of sayin somethin stupid like 30-0 when i dont know anything about them

scrub c
12-05-2004, 05:31 PM
go turkeys!

WIN IT ALL !

Good Luck Cuero

GreenGobbla
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
yeah, cat dog, it looks to me like he knows a lot about cuero, NOT! just wait and see lil dogdad, when yall play cuero, we will see who comes out on top, cuero by 9

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Good to see scrubc still rootin' for us, and yes, I'll admit I don't know much about anything on the Wylie team, so I won't know who will have the upper hand until the game starts!:D ;)

gobbler grad
12-05-2004, 06:16 PM
didn't know anything about Palestine, but I knew the Gobblers would WIN...same this week ...you gotta BELIEVE

GO GOBBLERS

cat dog horse
12-05-2004, 06:20 PM
yeah, we all know that cuero is going to win, its just a matter of by how much...

GreenGobbla
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
true, true i came close to predicting the game last week without knowing anything about Palestine, so, i am still going to say cuero by 9 maybe 21-12

Olddawgfan
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Sounds like the game is going to be a great match up. Both teams have great defenses and high powered offenses. Good luck Wylie Bulldogs!

sinton66
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Cuero by 9.

cat dog horse
12-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Cuero by 9.

thats my boy:D :D :D

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Not breaking tradition here.. No prediction but you know who I want to win :) :) :) No injuries and everyone be safe traveling to and from, no matter where that may be.
GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
each week Cuero has done something very spectacular in the 4th qtr. to preserve a win, why would this week be any different...thats why they are so exciting to watch...it will be one heck of a game, a nail-biter, sitting...no standing almost the whole game, hollering your head off...and nobody hollers more than the high school kids on the front row...keep it up!!

DOGFAN
12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
yeah, cat dog, it looks to me like he knows a lot about cuero, NOT! just wait and see lil dogdad, when yall play cuero, we will see who comes out on top, cuero by 9

dogdad is from Royse City so he won't be seeing you, but he did see the Wylie defense at their best.

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
dogdad is from Royse City so he won't be seeing you, but he did see the Wylie defense at their best.

I bet he saw more of the Wylie defense than he wanted :D

DOGFAN
12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dogdad
[B]when did Rusk beat AW?

They didn't. Maybe they beat Dallas Wylie?

LALK
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
The people who were stating that Wylie has the best Defensive line should realize that they are going against one of the best offensive lines. Not taking anything away from them, but they better be awesome to get past Cuero's line. Personally I do not think they will have the same success against the Cuero line from the highlights I have seen. If Wylie has a better defense than Wimberley or Palestine then I'm wrong on this whole ideal. Cuero's defense is what is keeping our team together and making huge plays. Cuero by 10

you obviously haven't seen wylie's offensive line yet:-)...not taking anything away from cueros cuz i'm sure theirs is really amazing as well...and i sure wouldn't question our defense...holding a high scoring offense like RC scoreless...and holding chandler dane to 13...haha ive only seen highlights of cuero...but this game should be the best game of the season

LALK
12-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
yeah, we all know that cuero is going to win, its just a matter of by how much...

you sound like someone from decatur...

gobbler grad
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
maybe I missed it , but do we know who is the home team yet?

cat dog horse
12-05-2004, 08:37 PM
you sound like someone from decatur...

you sound like someone with no sense of humor....

SintonFan
12-05-2004, 08:56 PM
You sound like someone who has an animal for each time they've been ROMed.:D

gobbler_fan04
12-05-2004, 09:15 PM
burn

LALK
12-05-2004, 09:30 PM

not trying to be funny just stating what is true

44INAROW
12-05-2004, 10:01 PM
not trying to be funny just stating what is true

LALK - we are just trying to have a good time, lighten up and join in the fun.

Gobbler Fan
12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
How's #13 doing anyone know ?

LALK
12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
LALK - we are just trying to have a good time, lighten up and join in the fun.

wasn't trying to be mean...just tellin that person not to underestimate wylie...it'll come back to get you if you do

TAMUGRAD
12-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Have family at AW(cousins) but still have to go with the Gobblers(son's team).

We'll have plenty to talk about at the next family gathering.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

7Rollin High
12-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Wylie by atleast 10... they are definently the best team in this game

CuErO's BiG "O"
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
GOBBLERS BY 10!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

football4life
12-05-2004, 11:00 PM
well ive seen a few pics of the cuero boys, and they look stout. i have had the honor of playing against the wylie boys, not one of my most memorable moments, as they ended my season. they will definitely have a few things to throw at cuero, as i saw a lot of looks out there, more so on defense than offense. their defensive scheming is very good, the offense can be predictable, yet hard to stop as they run to perfection.

wylie-21
cuero-20

hope no one misses an XP, as that seems to be the theme at any level this year.

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, again, some of the posts have been great, yet there is still some bickering, but where's the trash talking, not the wining I read earlier, I wanna see some hard core posts!

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Who is gonna win and why??? And don't give me that there gonna score more points than the other team!

WylieOL
12-06-2004, 01:59 AM
WYLIE, Because the boys from wylie have played all out through the playoffs and play with the three things required to be the champs

1. Talent

2. HEART

3. HUGH SANDIFER

IHStangFan
12-06-2004, 08:41 AM
GO GOBBLERS!!!

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GO GOBBLERS!!!

Where you been IH Stangfan?...... I've been missing the COWBELL :)

eagleman
12-06-2004, 09:08 AM
seems wylie has been on this end of conversation before, only to prove most wrong. Going with Wylie due to their size and strong physical play.

bmbf_06
12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
i vote for cuero! Good luck guys!

clayalan
12-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I'll be there rootin' for the gobblers. I dont know much about Wylie but they beat Decatur thats enough to win my respect. Im sorry I have to root for Cuero. Back the team that beat you. i would much rather lose to the State Champ than the than the runner up.

pancho villa
12-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Cuero will win this one to big for them.
Besides they beat us.

And gobblerfan02 gets one more week to be waterboy.

jason
12-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 7Rollin High
Wylie by atleast 10... they are definently the best team in this game

how do you know? have you seen cuero?

Originally posted by WylieOL
the three things required to be the champs

2. HEART

heart is over-rated

chugbug
12-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Having alot of friends that are Gobbler fans and former coaches I am picking the Gobblers in this one. Go Gobblers Win State. The Ass KIcking Chickens will win again.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

eagleman
12-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Just reading about the Cuero/Palestine game. Sounds like w/out 2 int's for TD's and a fumbled punt, Cuero would be playing basketball?? Cuero's defense create or did they get some fortunate bounces their way?

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Put it this way ...Cuero finds way's to win some games it's thru the air others it's the running game ,lately the defense has stepped it up a notch and has been playing some great football total TEAM effort every week .

If you call great reads by Cuero's Cb's luck then i'll take luck for one more game.

TAKE STATE GOBBLERS

AP Panther Fan
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by eagleman
Just reading about the Cuero/Palestine game. Sounds like w/out 2 int's for TD's and a fumbled punt, Cuero would be playing basketball?? Cuero's defense create or did they get some fortunate bounces their way?

In reflecting back on the Sinton/Cuero game, Cuero's D certainly has a way of forcing turnovers (just ask Sinton). I wouldn't take anything away from them. ;)

BigW
12-06-2004, 11:22 AM
YOU GOTTA HAVE HEART!

Highschoolfan78
12-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Cuero will win because they have the 3 T's :p !! I'm sure someone from Cuero knows what im talking about..

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Cuero will win because they have the 3 T's :p !! I'm sure someone from Cuero knows what im talking about..

LOL :clap: :clap: good one 78 gotta love Vic Damone

rhs78
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
This will be an outstanding game,both teams play old fashion hard nosed football,it will be close. i've picked cuero all year long to win it all,so i can't stop now, Cuero by 3

Good luck to both teams have a safe trip to Waco.

pancho villa
12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
go cuero!

gobblerfan02, make sure you do a good job carrying the water bucket!

scrub c
12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
he said waterbucket

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Wylie will win because of the fact that they are a well balanced team on offense. And there defensive coordinator has a reputation for shutting down great offenses (ex. Decatur-1 td, Royse city...0 pts):D. Everyone has said Cuero is big, and yes, they are. quite big, however Wylies offensive and defensive line is not small, and are quick off the ball. Wylie and Cueros defense have both put themselves in a position to make the big plays, to in return win the game. Cueros defense will have to contain a powerful running and also passing attack from the Bulldogs. Either way i think it will be a close game between the best teams in the state( in DI, based on theyre the only ones left playing )
Go dogs

pirate4state
12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
In reflecting back on the Sinton/Cuero game, Cuero's D certainly has a way of forcing turnovers (just ask Sinton). I wouldn't take anything away from them. ;) :doh: You just had to bring that up didn't you! ;) :D

Originally posted by clayalan
I'll be there rootin' for the gobblers. I dont know much about Wylie but they beat Decatur thats enough to win my respect. Im sorry I have to root for Cuero. Back the team that beat you. i would much rather lose to the State Champ than the than the runner up.Ain't that the truth!! I'll be there cheering for them pesky GOBBLERS!! :cheerl: Just don't expect me to wear green! :D

How much are the tickets? Will there be a tailgate party or just a meet & greet/sign the shirt/take a picture type of party?

AP Panther Fan
12-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'll be there cheering for them pesky GOBBLERS!! :cheerl: Just don't expect me to wear green! :D

You crack me up!:D :D :D

pirate4state
12-06-2004, 03:45 PM
You crack me up!:D :D :D :D

gobbler grad
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by eagleman

if that's what it takes to win , then so be it...we did not ask for the interceptions or did we ask the punt returner to pick up a bouncing ball...let it go...you make a stupid choice and Cuero will make you pay for it...we fumbled on the 12 yrd. line, they made the best of it... Cuero's defense will create havoc for Abilene...enough said...see you Friday

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
go cuero!

gobblerfan02, make sure you do a good job carrying the water bucket!

I thought that was your job @ the WC basketball games now?

cat dog horse
12-06-2004, 08:31 PM
i was looking in the field house today and saw that AW's fastest player runs a 4.6 and that's their QB....if thats the case i don't think they'll be able to match up with the speed that cuero has (and i know someone from AW is going to try and get on here and claim that they 3 people who run 4.5's and 2 that run 4.4's and AT LEAST 2 that run a 4.3, im just using the numbers i got from the field house)

and oh yeah, what's up with the players from AW painting their faces?do they think that's cool or somethin....i hope they dont think it looks good or anything cause it just makes them look really "goofy"

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2004, 08:33 PM
and oh yeah, what's up with the players from AW painting their faces?do they think that's cool or somethin....i hope they dont think it looks good or anything cause it just makes them look really "goofy"
When a team is playing in the state game I dont think the players care if someone thinks they look goofy

cat dog horse
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
i was just trying to say it in a nice way that wouldn't get me banned....and i dont care if you're playin in the state championship or the first game of the season, it still likes dumb

so does anybody out there know why they do it?

bigpimpin
12-06-2004, 08:50 PM
so does anybody out there know why they do it?

They're too embarrassed to root for AW so they have to disguise themselves somehow?....BTW what is their mascot?

gobbler grad
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
I was watching foxsw awhile ago and kids from LH had their faces painted and no shirts, they also were like that at the LH/Yoakum game and it was cold & wet

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
some hardcore fans, my brother's gf said that when some guys did it @ one of their games, they got suspended, which I think is a crock, but I wish some of the cuero fans still in hs would do that this week, not to give them any ideas 44!:D

cat dog horse
12-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
They're too embarrassed to root for AW so they have to disguise themselves somehow?....BTW what is their mascot?

no, it's not the fans who do it (well they might, i don't know for sure) it's the players....

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
its the liberty hill panthers...they have some awesome fans backing them this season (so I hear!_)

GreenGobbla
12-06-2004, 09:05 PM
i have been hearing that some of the kids in hs are goin to paint their bodies, but knowing cuero they will probably get suspended from the game, just like one kid that went on to the field after one of the games, he got suspended from any further athletic even for 2 years, i dont think that is right, but they are just trying to show school spirit, i dont think they should get in trouble for that

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
i have been hearing that some of the kids in hs are goin to paint their bodies, but knowing cuero they will probably get suspended from the game, just like one kid that went on to the field after one of the games, he got suspended from any further athletic even for 2 years, i dont think that is right, but they are just trying to show school spirit, i dont think they should get in trouble for that

One of the kids should ask Principal Leprechaun if it's ok, they could even buy him a box of lucky charms to try and sway him!:thumbsup: :evilgrin:

gobbler grad
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
gobblerfan02...you ought to be ashamed of yourself for talking about our nice principal like that...lmao:evillaugh :evillaugh

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
gobblerfan02...you ought to be ashamed of yourself for talking about our nice principal like that...lmao:evillaugh :evillaugh

FYI, I can talk about him all I want, he grad. from UTSA (I'm a roadrunner) for cryin' out loud!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:eyetwitch This eyetwitch guy looks alot like him, don't ya think gobbler grad, and everytime he calls UTSA ewwtsah, I wanna rip his ****ing head off!:D

gobbler grad
12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
AMEN!!!

Pudlugger
12-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Well I haven't seen Abilene Wylie play but I did see Cuero. They are a very fast, big physical team that makes big plays. They force turnovers and capitalize on the opponent's errors. Their O Line is 5A size and they just wear down good defenses to open up the game late in the 3rd or the 4th quarters. That is what they did to another big fast physical team, Palestine. Now AW may have a big and tough defense but I doubt that they have faced an O line like Cuero's and that is where this game will be won or lost. I think it will be a low scoring game with Cuero winning by a td or so. Good luck to both teams and congratulations for making it to State!:)

gobbler_fan04
12-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Every frikkin day in school he says "get it done"...IT'S GIT 'R DUN!!!!

GreenGobbla
12-06-2004, 09:20 PM
not trying to be rude in anyway, but its GIT 'R DONE, but i dont really care, ya, hes not too bright

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Your field house or whatever is WAY off if it has our QB listed as the fastes guy on our team, he is fast, but far from the fastest..oh and BTW the past 4 teams we have played thought painting our faces looked ridiculous, but not so much after we won

cat dog horse
12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Bulldawgs100
Your field house or whatever is WAY off if it has our QB listed as the fastes guy on our team, he is fast, but far from the fastest..oh and BTW the past 4 teams we have played thought painting our faces looked ridiculous, but not so much after we won

i could be mistaken...and let me guess yalls fastest guy runs a 4.2?

ok and im glad the other teams thought yall looked ridiuculous or whatever, congratulations:clap: :clap: :clap: ....but that still doesnt answer the question on why yall do it?

by the way it looks REALLY REALLY cool:rolleyes:

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
oh also, if you think our guys are crazy for painting their faces, wait till u see our fans, they will be in full body paint, and are the craziest fans youll see.. That sux if u get suspended at cuero for painting ure face or doing sumn crazy, becuz it seems that stuff is smiled upon to our fans, or maybe its just that our hs kids dont mind the consequences:D

GreenGobbla
12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
heck ya, the face painting looks really awesome:clap: and, maybe yall's fans are just too crazy for us

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
im not quite sure what are fastest guy runs, most players play multiple sports and dont even get to offseason untill spring football..honestly?? :eek: do we look kool? wow..gee thanks:cool:

GreenGobbla
12-06-2004, 09:59 PM
he may be lieing, but im not, i really like yalls face paint:clap:

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 10:02 PM
haha well, i cant tell via message board if you kidding or not, but ill take your word for it:thinking:

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 10:31 PM
I saw this tonight on the HSFOOTBALL message board.. this post is by a DECATUR poster...... wow,, talk about arrogance

"old3afan Yesterday, 07:10 PM Post #11

High School: Decatur High 82

Amen to that

Wylie has already beaten the best, now it is time for a early Christmas turkey

Go DAWGS

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 10:46 PM
you cant be the best if you lose 3rd round :p , it will be a good game between the 2 best teams left in DI

gobbler_fan04
12-06-2004, 10:50 PM
im not quite sure what are fastest guy runs, most players play multiple sports and dont even get to offseason untill spring football..honestly?? :eek: do we look kool? wow..gee thanks:cool:
Cuero has already proved they can beat an extremely fast team. It doesn't matter how fast you are, you're not faster than Palestine

bigpimpin
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Ya'll can paint your faces, you can paint your whole bodies if you want to, but Cuero's gonna paint a W and show ya'll how we play football down here in South Texas.

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
i have yet to say anything about our teams speed being one of our strong points, but it will suprise you out in the open field..and yes palistine was fast, but they werent no decatur either, Godboldt, that kid was an animal

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
hahahaha a W huh, aight boys we'll see, thats why the game is played, this seasons Cuero hasnt accomplished anything more than Wylie * meaning play off wise not record * they are both Semi Final champs..goin for state..and we want yall to bring that east texas football, cuz you can count on us to bring you that West Texas Football

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
hahahaha a W huh, aight boys we'll see, thats why the game is played, this seasons Cuero hasnt accomplished anything more than Wylie * meaning play off wise not record * they are both Semi Final champs..goin for state..and we want yall to bring that east texas football, cuz you can count on us to bring you that West Texas Football

lol better check your map again we are NO WHERE NEAR EAST TEXAS. lol.. DAYUM first Palestine called us overrated VALLEY TEAM now we are in EAST TEXAS lol........... :D :D

WylieOL
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
man there are like ten thousand cureo poster on this board

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 11:22 PM

And we've been here for a while - and we are here to stay.. win or lose, we love this place :)

bigpimpin
12-06-2004, 11:24 PM

We've gotta stick together. Everyone knows Gobblers travel in flocks

WylieOL
12-06-2004, 11:24 PM
i think wylie has this one because of the quality of competion they have been playing both in the playoffs and during the season

wylie played 8 teams during the regular season that made the playoffs

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
haha it was an honest mistake 44:rolleyes: , please forgive, Cuero bring ure South Texas Football to the game on friday

WylieOL
12-06-2004, 11:27 PM
hey what has cureo done 44 times in a row

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
haha it was an honest mistake 44:rolleyes: , please forgive, Cuero bring ure South Texas Football to the game on friday

just given you a hard time bulldawg.......... living in a town that sounds kinda like QUEERO and having a TURKEY for a mascot - you'd think I'd get thicker skin :D :D :D

Bulldawgs100
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
i wanna say win district, but im not from cuero so i dunno

44INAROW
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
hey what has cureo done 44 times in a row

one thing that comes to mind is win 44 games in a row........when I was in high school.. the Gobblers won State in 73 with an undefeated season, won State in 74 with an undefeated season and went undefeated in 75 until Ennis ended the streak at the State final game....... I've had this name for a long time now.. I guess since 2001......

WylieOL
12-06-2004, 11:32 PM
thats pretty cool

LALK
12-07-2004, 12:07 AM

gah cuero sounds like wylie...the "regulators" (just so i don't have to name names) are not very good

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Man, is it just me or has there been an extreme number of new abilene posters that have just joined the dlow?....I know everyone was talkin bout all us cuero posters at the beginning of the season, but the town of abilene has come on strong as of late, no doubt due to the team's successes!
Good job Wylie fans, hope to see all of you at an exciting game this friday!

JettJenkins04
12-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Good luck Cuero, but may the best team win.

pirate4state
12-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Man, is it just me or has there been an extreme number of new abilene posters that have just joined the dlow?....I know everyone was talkin bout all us cuero posters at the beginning of the season, but the town of abilene has come on strong as of late, no doubt due to the team's successes!
Good job Wylie fans, hope to see all of you at an exciting game this friday! It seems like it, doesn't it? I do remember way back in the day when Abilene Wylie had alot of posters on the DL...they were supposed to be the team to beat in 2001...ummm....I think Everman took care of them before they took care of us. :eek: ;) :(

GO GOBBLERS!!

Whsdogs
12-07-2004, 01:04 AM
It seems like it, doesn't it? I do remember way back in the day when Abilene Wylie had alot of posters on the DL...they were supposed to be the team to beat in 2001...ummm....I think Everman took care of them before they took care of us. :eek: ;) :(

GO GOBBLERS!!

Good thing this isnt 2001 huh or we might be in trouble

Highschoolfan78
12-07-2004, 02:53 AM
AW may be some wild crazy fans, i'll give them that. They may paint their faces and do their little cheers, but i guarantee they don't have a Mr. Spencer!!!! You can guarantee he'll be in his shorts and boots ready to yell Go Mean Green!!!! You will hear that all night. As far as the high school fans, you better believe that they will be alive. They haven't sat down at a game all season except at halftime. As a sign said a few weeks ago leavin town, last one out turn out the lights. That's the kind of support the Cuero team will have. Ask any team that has played us in the playoffs because they have seen the numbers we are bringing to the stands.

Bigpimpin, I hear we may be taken another road trip in the van!! I can't wait!! This time i think we have a full load from front to back...Goooooo Meaaaaan Greeeeeeen!!!

LALK
12-07-2004, 09:03 AM
cuero also doesn't have LALK the son of DALK on their sideline

LALK
12-07-2004, 10:18 AM
ok....i had earlier that i had wylie by a touchdown...i have changed my prediction...

wylie-485
cuero-3...and they get these points because wylie puts in the j.v.

pirate4state
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
wylie-485
cuero-3...and they get these points because wylie puts in the j.v. LOL This reminds me of the SNL skits from the 80's when 'da Bears were big time!! DA BEARS 1,000,000 Green Bay -7!!! ROFL

jason
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
but i guarantee they don't have a Mr. Spencer!!!! You can guarantee he'll be in his shorts and boots ready to yell Go Mean Green!!!! You will hear that all night. geez that dude is a TRIP....i saw him and his whole family last weekend lol....they're definitely enthusiastic...

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 10:43 AM
just not smart enough to attach a picture I guess lol

jason
12-07-2004, 10:45 AM
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6061/p0pgobblers.jpg

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Yep,, that's him.. I am hesitant to post someone's picture on the web without permission, but something tells me Spencer doesn't mind lol. Thanks Jason.l....................... If you see this HERB - GO MEAN GREEN

AP Panther Fan
12-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Yep,, that's him.. I am hesitant to post someone's picture on the web without permission, but something tells me Spencer doesn't mind lol. Thanks Jason.l....................... If you see this HERB - GO MEAN GREEN

I like the "do" only thing that might have made it better was if he were to pull up to the stadium on a nice big harley!:D

OLD STING
12-07-2004, 12:11 PM
HERB GETS US ALL FIRED UP BEFORE THE GAME, BUT THE TEAM KEEPS US THERE WITH THEIR GREAT PLAY DURING THE GAME. THIS WILL BE THE GAME TO WATCH THIS WEEK. I'LL SAY GOOBLERS WIN BY 10 DUE TO GREAT DEFENCE FROM CASSEY AND THE BOYS. 'GO MEAN GREEN'!!!!

Johnny Moxen
12-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Well I just hope Cuero gets all excited because just as a turkey can ruffle it's feathers, hunting season has begun and gobblers are on the menu. (all in fun) I hope that both teams play their best and make this an exciting game. However, I am going to be pulling for Wylie and will pick them by 4.

Adidas410s
12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Things I have picked up so far from this thread:

1. Wylie players paint their faces...its gay, yet its cool, why do they do it? Its the greatest mystery of the week!!!

2. Cuero steals its O-line from the World's Strongest Man competition...they all way over 437 lbs...and they like baby...the other, OTHER white meat!

3. Wylie is FAST...have at LEAST 6 guys running a 3.9 or faster on the turf in their practice field...and they run under 3.75 on grass...AND they just went out and clocked 3 sub 38 second times in the 4X100 relay "just for fun" the other day after practice!

4. Cuero's fans are crazy...the best fans ever...even have a crazy guy with a mohawk

5. Wylie's fans are crazy...the best fans ever...even have a crazy guy in a 10 gallon hat that shoots t-shirts into the stands with an oversized potato gun

6. I even saw one good prediction on this game:

Da Bears 483...Cuero 7!!! :D :D :D

Other than that...I got nothin'. Is it possible for us to start a Wylie/Cuero under 18 thread for the HS kids and their comments and an over 18 thread for objective discussion???

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 01:36 PM
lol Adidas - the "under 18 thread: wouldn't last 30 minutes :D :D

mainly due to Cuero posters, but that's OK.. they are just showing their spirit :clap: :clap:

PS the sun is shining and it is absolutely gorgeous outside...... :inlove:

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Nice post addidas, wheww, Finals are fixin to start, although I only have one!

Phil C
12-07-2004, 03:35 PM

Is he the one that yells "Go Mean Green!" in the stands? If he is I think he has a son playing on the team. I wonder if he will be there when his son graduates.

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Is he the one that yells "Go Mean Green!" in the stands? If he is I think he has a son playing on the team. I wonder if he will be there when his son graduates.

This is his last one playing and his son is a Sr. .. I can remember when this #60 (they've all been #60) was in elementary school yelling in the stands for his big brothers.. Mr SPencer has been a great supporter of the program. He is the one yelling GO MEAN GREEN in the stands.

Phil C
12-07-2004, 03:41 PM
This is his last one playing and his son is a Sr. .. I can remember when this #60 (they've all been #60) was in elementary school yelling in the stands for his big brothers.. Mr SPencer has been a great supporter of the program. He is the one yelling GO MEAN GREEN in the stands.

Is he still going to go to the games next year or do you think he will retire from watching like some parents do? I am not saying that is right or wrong. What I want to know is will he be at the Sinton vs Cuero game in Sinton next year? It would be a loss to the spirit of the game if he stops coming.

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 03:42 PM
O, I think not, he wouldn't miss a game for the world!

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Is he still going to go to the games next year or do you think he will retire from watching like some parents do? I am not saying that is right or wrong. What I want to know is will he be at the Sinton vs Cuero game in Sinton next year? It would be a loss to the spirit of the game if he stops coming.

hhhmmm I'd be willing to bet he'll be there next year. It's a family affair.. His wife, married son and daughter in law and grandson are all there - I think they'd all go into withdrawls lol lol..........

Phil C
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
hhhmmm I'd be willing to bet he'll be there next year. It's a family affair.. His wife, married son and daughter in law and grandson are all there - I think they'd all go into withdrawls lol lol..........

So might the opponents. We are just used to him being there cheering for his team. Nothing wrong in that. :)

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 04:55 PM
The only thing that matters now is that he WILL show up to friday's game, don't think anything could be able to keep him from it, and keep me from it for that matter!

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 08:13 PM
BUMP

gobbler grad
12-07-2004, 08:15 PM
gobblerfan02, you need to be studying so you can go to the game friday...lol

gobblerfan02
12-07-2004, 08:22 PM
gobblerfan02, you need to be studying so you can go to the game friday...lol

I already told everyone that I only have one final on the 14th, and yesterday and today were dead days, I still have a whole week to study for one test!

gobbler grad
12-07-2004, 08:42 PM
i know , but i like to get your blood pumping...lol

have a good day

Pudlugger
12-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Just finished frying a nice turkey in honor of the Gobblers. Unmmm um it is cooling down now and sure smells good. Go Cuero win State! Gotta go now, time to eat.:D

gobblerfan02
12-08-2004, 01:38 PM
I wonder if Bulldog tastes good 'n the fryer, o wait, nevermind, what was I thinking, bulldogs aren't good enough to eat, just good enough to run over!.....:D
Just tryin to have a little fun on here, since we only got two weeks of hsfootball left this season!

maroonpunt
12-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I know at the first Sinton game in Cuero he tried to yell at the kids as they were going around the stands instead of through all that mess and he called them chicken s**t and the head coach from Sinton went and got in his face and said he can cuss him all he wants but do not cuss his kids.and the guy backed down....he does take it a bit too far, this is not a professional game just 14-17 year old kids....

cat dog horse
12-08-2004, 08:48 PM
im pretty sure nothing like that happened buddy.....

Ranger354
12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey Cuero Fans!

Sorry I have been out hunting and working. Since you guys beat the snot out of My Pirates I have been away from the board.

I predict Cuero to take this one!

Cuero 24
Wylie 10

I saw 10 turkeys running down the road today and I just thought that might be the number of points Wylie is able to score on your defense.

Hope both teams and fans have a safe trip.

cat dog horse
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
this thread is dead

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-08-2004, 10:49 PM
i heard from another site that some lineman from AW benches 435 and then theres another lineman that is just as good as he is but not as strong

bigpimpin
12-08-2004, 10:54 PM
He's gonna need all of it to bench Spencer off of him:p

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-08-2004, 10:56 PM
spencer may never be able to block him considering he's way too slow to even have a chance to touch him

Kool Tarpon 21
12-08-2004, 10:58 PM
GO GOBBLERS!!!

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
from watching cuero this season, this is my conclusion on the team:

OFFENSE

QB- great arm, good decision-maker, decent speed

RB- pretty tough, kind of fast, doesnt run low to the ground and gets planted on his back a lot

FB- ???

TE- rock hands when it comes down to critical parts of the game, okay blocker

O-line- they are the most over-rated bunch in all of texas, yeah they have size and some strength but no intensity, they were supposedly "fired up" for wimberley and i heard they didnt fair too well, this truly is the weak point of this offense

WRs- terrible route runners, decent hands, not much speed but can make u miss sometimes

DEFENSE

DEs- one of them is the tailback so i dont think i need to say anymore except you will usually find him somewhere in the secondary on running plays, the other one doesnt get blown off the ball very much but he doesnt really look to tackle very much either

DTs- nice size but no skill

LBs- #33 is good but he doesnt have much awareness, the other one is just slow

DBs- what they lack in cover skills they make up in speed, afraid to hit though

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
I think the poll question should have been how much does Abilene Wylie win by:clap:

bigpimpin
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
So much wrong with that, I'm not even sure where to start...First of all you say that the DB's are fast but the WRs aren't...ok, but ALL OF THE DB'S ARE RECEIVERS....you say the RB get put on his back a lot, I bet them Palestine Wildcats he was dragging around would say differently....and when you look at every good team it all starts with the offensive line and to say that a team going to state championship game has a weak offensive line...just ridiculous...I know the problem...you see you should have been going to the Friday games instead of watching JV on Thursday

Pudlugger
12-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Yo-Tex Dawg
from watching cuero this season, this is my conclusion on the team:

OFFENSE

QB- great arm, good decision-maker, decent speed

RB- pretty tough, kind of fast, doesnt run low to the ground and gets planted on his back a lot

FB- ???

TE- rock hands when it comes down to critical parts of the game, okay blocker

O-line- they are the most over-rated bunch in all of texas, yeah they have size and some strength but no intensity, they were supposedly "fired up" for wimberley and i heard they didnt fair too well, this truly is the weak point of this offense

WRs- terrible route runners, decent hands, not much speed but can make u miss sometimes

DEFENSE

DEs- one of them is the tailback so i dont think i need to say anymore except you will usually find him somewhere in the secondary on running plays, the other one doesnt get blown off the ball very much but he doesnt really look to tackle very much either

DTs- nice size but no skill

LBs- #33 is good but he doesnt have much awareness, the other one is just slow

DBs- what they lack in cover skills they make up in speed, afraid to hit though

Whoa Dude? How can a team so apparently dismal go 14 - 0 against so many excellent teams? How many games or films have you studied to give such a definative assessment? I wager you watched one game probably against Yoakum which was close. Do everyone on this board a favor Yo Dawg and revisit this topic after the game. Anybody as sure of themselves as you seem to be ought to be accountable to what he says.

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I watched cuero play wharton, yoakum, west columbia, and palestine. Of those four games, I never saw #22 play offense. He's the one with all the speed.

DFHM
12-08-2004, 11:37 PM
lol yo tex dog. kinda funny that yall lost to us cuz we are sooo crappy huh? i have to say yoakum had a great team this year but the point is we are still playing. i will go down the line with my complaints :p . FB - ???, yeah we didn't use the FB's to run that much but if there wasn't one then the RB would not get to far. TE - those rock hands caught two critical passes last week and has caught numorous others. OL - The "over-rated" line has carried the offense to the state championship :rolleyes: . LB - don't see how u can have a good linebacker without awareness. DBs - seems like they have done their job pretty good. 2 int for TD's last week.
hey but thats ok. not trying to get into a fight or get ROMmed :) just stating what i think

LALK
12-08-2004, 11:49 PM
i heard from another site that some lineman from AW benches 435 and then theres another lineman that is just as good as he is but not as strong

yes number 50 levi wolfebenches about that...i think he benches more...i heard the coaches won't let him go as high as he could tho cuz they don't want him getting hurt....he's a beast...also number 79 is the other lineman you're talking about...he's taller and bigger than 50 and they're both incredible lineman...cuero's d-line is gonna have to step it up BIG time to keep up w/ the o-line of wylie...and with 44 in the backfield...my PREDICTION of how the game will go...it's just a prediction so don't say how i'm stupid and i dont' know anything...i'm just GUESSING..ok cuero fans...GUESSING...GUESSING...GOT IT?? OK

cueros o-line will be big...but i don't think it will be very great against the speed of wylie's d-line...less than 100 yards for the running back...cueros defensive line will be overpowered by wylie's line...they will have over 150 yards rushing in the game...final score

wylie-24
cuero-14

turkeys can do what to bulldogs...hmm....peck?

LALK
12-08-2004, 11:51 PM
i just can't get to a score i think wylie is GOING to win by

first wylie by a td

then wylie 485 to 0

now 24 to 14

it might be 56 to 0 for all i know but wylie definitely comes out on top

gobblerfan02
12-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Allright ALL you bulldog *****es, if you think that wylie is gonna steamroll the gobblers, you got another thing comin', ya that's right, I said it, Cuero has been playing tougher teams in the playoffs than Wylie has without a doubt!...and the 28-0 win last week isn't that big of a deal, it was over Region 2, who I believe was the weakest region this season!!! Anyhow, if you think Wylie will win this one, they are gonna hafta hold Cuero to less than 17 pts....Don't See THAT Happenin'! :hand:

Highschoolfan78
12-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Geez, im in Awe after all that talk by Yo' Tex..... Someone should definately get you some X-lax because you are fulllllllllll of it. The only thing you got right was about our QB i think.

Our RB drags people every week and amazes more and more people with his ability to stay up. He's barely ever on his back.

The DB's are the WR's like someone said above. 22 is excellent at Defense so what's wrong with leavin him out to just play that???

The FB???? Ask the Sinton fans (sorry guys:p ) what the Fullback # 33 did to them.

TE has rock hands???? He's dropped like 1 pass in the playoffs. Last week he had 2 crucial plays, a 2 pt conversion and a TD in the 4th.

OL over rated??? You should have seen some of the pockets they set for our QB... You can not have a successful offense without an OL that does good things... The reason the QB is that accurate is that he has time usually because the line set a nice pocket for him.

Linebacker not aware? You must not be AWARE of how many tackles he had against Palestine!!He was phenominal.

Your talking got me all worked up after reading that.... Is it somethin in your Yoakum water??? Most Yoakum people i know have more sense than to ramble that BS....

Go Mean Green!!!

Highschoolfan78
12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Ok... i doubt you are from yoakum by the looks of your other post:p

LALK
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Allright ALL you bulldog *****es, if you think that wylie is gonna steamroll the gobblers, you got another thing comin', ya that's right, I said it, Cuero has been playing tougher teams in the playoffs than Wylie has without a doubt!...and the 28-0 win last week isn't that big of a deal, it was over Region 2, who I believe was the weakest region this season!!! Anyhow, if you think Wylie will win this one, they are gonna hafta hold Cuero to less than 17 pts....Don't See THAT Happenin'! :hand:

i guess holding chandler dane to 13 wasn't hard either...good try tho

gobblerfan02
12-09-2004, 11:01 AM
i guess holding chandler dane to 13 wasn't hard either...good try tho

Like I said earlier, dane could be beaten if the other teamed played together, which is what wylie did, but cuero also plays together and doesn't just have one individual that you hafta worry about!....good try tho!

maroonpunt
12-09-2004, 11:53 AM
buddy yes it did happen....I WAS THERE....in the middle of it...

gobblerfan02
12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
buddy yes it did happen....I WAS THERE....in the middle of it...

It isn't that hard to see that it happened, duh, it hadta happen if Wylie is where they are, sheesh, I wish ppl would think before they posted!:rolleyes:

maroonpunt
12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
i was talking about the first game that was 35-28 in cuero...

gobblerfan02
12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
i was talking about the first game that was 35-28 in cuero...

Sorry, my mistake, I'm just gettin' fed up w/ all the new wylie posters sayin' how they are gonna dominate cuero this friday, although I say it won't happen, anything could, so I'm gonna go ahead and say Cuero WILL ROMP THE BULLPUPS!:D

Olddawgfan
12-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Come on Gobbler, don't get too fed up. I have only read a few posts from Wylie fans claiming a huge victory and those are just a few excited teenagers. On the other hand, there have been about 200 posts from Cuero predicting, even though by a narrow margin, a victory. It should be a great game and I wish both teams luck and no injuries.
GO WYLIE BULLDOGS

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Sorry, just realized I hadn't voted on this poll. Counting on Cuero to bring it home to Region IV!

Best of luck and safe travel to all!:)

gobblerfan02
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Olddawggreen, sorry I had to go and ramble on like that, I hope this game is one to remember, and wish both teams were able to win, but this ain't Georgia!:(

Olddawgfan
12-09-2004, 04:30 PM
No problem! All in good fun. Have a safe trip to the game.

44INAROW
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Sorry, just realized I hadn't voted on this poll. Counting on Cuero to bring it home to Region IV!

Best of luck and safe travel to all!:)

Wow.. I thought when I looked at the poll this morning, it was neck and neck.......... They must of opened up some restricted sites for posting today lol..................
Cuero Gobblers 71 63.39%
Abilene Wylie Bulldogs 41 36.61%

pirate4state
12-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow.. I thought when I looked at the poll this morning, it was neck and neck.......... They must of opened up some restricted sites for posting today lol..................
Cuero Gobblers 71 63.39%
Abilene Wylie Bulldogs 41 36.61% In all your excitement you maybe getting confused! :eek: Slpybear's poll is the close one...look here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23995). :D

Pudlugger
12-09-2004, 05:04 PM
AW may be some wild crazy fans, i'll give them that. They may paint their faces and do their little cheers, but i guarantee they don't have a Mr. Spencer!!!! You can guarantee he'll be in his shorts and boots ready to yell Go Mean Green!!!! You will hear that all night. As far as the high school fans, you better believe that they will be alive. They haven't sat down at a game all season except at halftime. As a sign said a few weeks ago leavin town, last one out turn out the lights. That's the kind of support the Cuero team will have. Ask any team that has played us in the playoffs because they have seen the numbers we are bringing to the stands.

Bigpimpin, I hear we may be taken another road trip in the van!! I can't wait!! This time i think we have a full load from front to back...Goooooo Meaaaaan Greeeeeeen!!!

LOL I remember a few years back when Cuero came to La Grange on a Saturday afternoon for a scrimmage and Cuero fans showed up with noisemakers and the cheerleaders were there too!! Man Cuero really backs their team. Go Gobblers, win State!!!

44INAROW
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
In all your excitement you maybe getting confused! :eek: Slpybear's poll is the close one...look here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23995). :D

me confused.. NEVER lol lol.............. you are 100%............

44INAROW
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
LOL I remember a few years back when Cuero came to La Grange on a Saturday afternoon for a scrimmage and Cuero fans showed up with noisemakers and the cheerleaders were there too!! Man Cuero really backs their team. Go Gobblers, win State!!!

Pudlugger,, just a little advance warning lol from what I understand,, the busses are headed through your fair city tomorrow afternoon. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: When we went through Shiner last week, their cheerleaders were on the bridge waving at us. :cool:

WitchyWoman
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
GO "DAWGS"
We are pulling for ya in Tiger Land show em' what WEST TEXAS is about and we'll do the same Saturday Nite @ TEXAS STADIUM !!!

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
i cant wait to see #44 in his face paint. I heard he's pretty cute

cat dog horse
12-09-2004, 10:01 PM
after looking at a picture of him he looks like the type of guy who you would have a shot with

MagicMan
12-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Whoooooooo....Go CUERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-09-2004, 10:14 PM
do you think he would ask me out if i played my chips right

gobbler_fan04
12-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I just want to make that all of the Abeline posters are on here after the game....if you belive all the stuff you're sayin', you will promise us right now that you will sign on Sarurday morning. I mean, you're going to win for sure, right? Well, if you all aren't on here talking, then the entire Down-Low community will know what to think of you.

LALK
12-09-2004, 11:11 PM
i cant wait to see #44 in his face paint. I heard he's pretty cute

oh he's more than a little cute....and gobblerfan02 or w/e ur name is...you get WAYYYYYYYYYY too pissed off on this thing haha...it's funny...cuz we're all just trying to have a good time...and here you are "hey hey no no no no no no no no no hey hey hey hey no!!!! you're wrong you're wrong!!!"

hehe you're funny...i think i love you

Bulldawgs100
12-09-2004, 11:22 PM
#44 is sooo cute, wow.. really...im glad to be his teamate, LALK you think we could hook up these ppl wit a lil Kiger? haha i like how this dude is sittin here callin out highschoolers haha.. oh man

Bulldawgs100
12-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Gobblerfan04 dont worry, i know we will keep postin believe it or not, ive read the low for about 2 years and just always thought it cost money to register.. its gonna be a good game tmrw tho

LALK
12-10-2004, 01:11 AM
it's game day....good luck to both teams

olddawggreen
12-10-2004, 01:30 AM
Good luck to the Gobblers!

Ranger Mom
12-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Well.....that was one poll the underdog took!!

Way to go Abilene Wylie....and wonderful season Cuero!!

Olddawgfan
12-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Congratulations Wylie Bulldogs!!!!!!
Great season Cuero.

gobbler grad
12-11-2004, 03:17 PM
good job AW, i'm sure you will be back next year... for the gobblers, great season... just didn't end up like it was supposed too...hold your heads up and move on in life...your a great bunch of kids...everyone is so proud of each of you

GO MEAN GREEN

CuErO's BiG "O"
12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Well Gobblers, theres not much left to say. yall did the best you could and things just didnt go our way. it basically came down to whoever had the last possession was gunnna win. it takes a real team to go 14-0 so yall have nothin to be ashamed of. for yall seniors, yall made my year something to remember. for most of yall this was not the last game ull ever play, weve got a lot of young talent thats gunna bring it back to the 361 next year. i love all of yall lets make our senior year great