PDA

View Full Version : TexasPrepXtra All Area (D/FW) Selections

CatsDen
12-24-2003, 03:58 PM
If you have not had a chance to check out the ridiculous selections made by the bafoons at TexasPrepXtra.com...you might be suprised by their selections! They chose Alan Davis (Heritage) as 1st Team All-Area TE, and Vincent Chase (Irving) as 2nd Team All-Area TE. In case you are not familiar with either player, here are their statistics:

Alan Davis: 11 receptions for 130 yards, 8 rushing attempts for 91 yards. He never scored one touchdown all year.

Vincent Chase: 4 receptions for 61 yards. He never scored a touchdown all year.

Here's how they compare to only a few of Class 3A Tight Ends:

Giorgio Bostice (Kennedale): 23 receptions, 403 yards, 5 touchdowns, 4 two-point conversions

Zac Burks (Celina): 14 recpetions, 305 yards, 5 touchdowns

Will Moss (Bonham): 13 receptions, 183 yards, 4 touchdowns

Tyler Johnson (Forney): 12 receptions, 148 yards, 4 touchdowns

Ridiculous! Their selections are supposed to cross all Classes.

kaorder1999
12-25-2003, 12:18 AM
i think they do a good job with their selections...yards and touchdowns dont paint the full picture of a tightend. Stats dont show you their blocking ability....

mjbf
12-26-2003, 02:41 PM
In rebuttal to your statement, "yards and touchdowns don't paint the full picture of a tight end. Stats don't show your blocking ability".

Well said, but what if you are a great blocker and your offensive stats in terms of yards and TD's far surpass those mentioned???

You have got to understand CatsDen perspective!

kaorder1999
12-26-2003, 03:43 PM
mjbf:
In rebuttal to your statement, "yards and touchdowns don't paint the full picture of a tight end. Stats don't show your blocking ability".

Well said, but what if you are a great blocker and your offensive stats in terms of yards and TD's far surpass those mentioned???

You have got to understand CatsDen perspective!i totally understand their point but like i said, the guys at TexasPrepXtra see a lot of games...im sure they saw almost all the people play tht CatsDen has mentioned...and the only reason i said what I did was because CatsDen only argument were stats....thats all im sure catsden was taking into consideration