12-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Final.

Wow!

Port_town_texas
12-04-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm not surprised.

faithfuldog
12-04-2004, 12:21 AM
way to go Crawford...Keep waving the Centex banner baby!

Bellville22
12-04-2004, 02:28 AM
I attended this game, and I was blown away by Crawford. What a well coached and fundamentally sound team! When you see them warming up, or standing on the sidelines, you think nothing of them, but this group plays as a team, and executes as well as any team I've seen. I think I counted 2 penalties against Crawford and fewer than 5 missed blocks, what a tribute to the kids and coaching staff. The Pirates QB is very good, makes good decisions and simply lets his receivers make plays, which they did often. #20 is a terrific player, but mostly this is just flat out a good TEAM! This looks to be the 2A DII champ, but they still must play the games.

Congrats to Celina for refusing to go away when running into a (dare I say it....) much better team. The Bobcats never allowed that feeling that this one was over until late in the 4th. Even down 28, the clawed their way back to make us stick around. Very well played game, a fun one for a neutral fan to watch.

On a side note, I had the privelage of meeting G.A. Moore. What an honor for someone who plans on starting a coaching career very soon!