PDA

View Full Version : Rider 35 Aledo 40 F

fury900
12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
mn

Rabbit'93
12-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Is it just me or does Aledo seem to pull out some great wins in the playoffs?

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
They took the ball went 60 some odd yards with 4 min left and they were down by 1. They go ahead 40-35 with 20 somthing seconds left. What a great game, too bad I didn't make this one. Although I did listen to teh 4th quarter on the radio. Coach Ponder has done a heck of a job.

Port_town_texas
12-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
They took the ball went 60 some odd yards with 4 min left and they were down by 1. They go ahead 40-35 with 20 somthing seconds left. What a great game, too bad I didn't make this one. Although I did listen to teh 4th quarter on the radio. Coach Ponder has done a heck of a job. :( :( :( :eek: dam. Rider was suppose to go to state out of this region :eek:

GreenMonster
12-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Ponder has my vote for President. Great football coach. This Rider team wasn't extremely talented for a 4A ballclub. Ponder was just smart enough to keep that 1A mentality of " I got 3 studs and I'm gonna play 'em both ways and ride 'em till they buck me." Great season Raiders. You guys will have success for many years if Ponder stays put, and I think he will.

Port_town_texas
12-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ponder has my vote for President. Great football coach. This Rider team wasn't extremely talented for a 4A ballclub. Ponder was just smart enough to keep that 1A mentality of " I got 3 studs and I'm gonna play 'em both ways and ride 'em till they buck me." Great season Raiders. You guys will have success for many years if Ponder stays put, and I think he will. That first year he was there (my first year in WF) was the happiest i have seen people on Fridays!! He had the fans, the athletes and put it all together. good luck next year. ROHO!

VWG
12-04-2004, 10:22 AM
According to the FW Star Telegram, it sounds as if Rider was unable to stop the Aledo running game. D-line got pushed around all night.... but Aledo had trouble stopping Rider through the air as well. Sounds like it was a fantastic game.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-04-2004, 10:28 AM
well i can say for one that im proud of the success aledo has been having in the playoffs in 4a. it makes there tenure in 3a that much more outstanding because they are having alot of success in a higher class.

Macarthur
12-04-2004, 12:49 PM
It will be interesting if Ponder stays at Rider. WF has always been an Old High town. I love it that there seems to have been a power shift. Rider has always put out D1 talent; they just haven't ever really had a good coach to take advantage of that. Now they do.