PDA

View Full Version : American Fastpitch Association-State Tournament

Old Cardinal
07-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Well 87 teams are going for the State AFA Championships in Beaumont this weekend. In the 18 & U Pool games, The Thunder with 4 girls from Bridge City won their pool game(non-Bracket kickoff game) 1-0. Elena Clinton, Bridge City #2 Pitcher, a Sophomore, "plays up" in the 18 & U league to get top pitching experience, along with 3 other Cardinal starters ... The Beaumont Blast 18 & U were edged out in their pool game by a score of 1-0.... Robert Verde with the BLAST Gold team(18-U) is up country, trying to qualify for the "Gold Nationals" to be played in Oregon. Meagan Godwin(Pitcher/outfielder) and Jessica Lemoine(Catcher) from Bridge City play for that team; along with a bunch of College Freshman scholarshipped aces... A special pool game was set up at 8:00 am this morning to set the Beaumont Blast Red 12 & U against the defending National champs-Fort Worth-Red Hot Maniacs. My granddaughter pitched a great game against the Champs, but lost 1-0 on an error made at second base. Ole Paw Paw, thinks she is the best in the Country for a 12 & U, and she struck out a host of good players, this morning. They won their other pool game against San Antonio 11-0....This is a good facility testing tournament and it is a warm up for the National AFA 18 & U, coming up in Beaumont in two weeks....We are still working on a Texas/Louisiana Classic Tournament for 3A High Schools. Invitations would go out the all 3A's(that came in 1st,2nd,3rd, in their respective Districts) from BOTH States. They would play in a giant "for fun" tournament during the preseason. It ought to be awesome, if we can make the arrangements....

Keith7
07-11-2003, 11:27 PM
u like softball too much its kinda creepy

Old Cardinal
07-12-2003, 07:31 AM
You know Keith, I supported the sports that my boy and girl played and likewise; the sports that my Granddaughter and Grandson play. These sports happen to be football and softball. I hope when you become more than an immature youth, you to will support both your daughters and sons activities, also.

<small>[ July 12, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Phil C
07-12-2003, 02:38 PM
I know what you mean Old and I support all the local programs I can especially football, basketball, softball and baseball. I don't get to go to the track meets or golf tournaments because of time constraints. I hope they get to have the 3A tournament next year and I hope Sinton gets to go because it gives the girls around the state to play other girls around the state and maybe Louisiana which can only have a positive effect. Anyway let's hope it works out.

punt
07-13-2003, 10:16 AM
PhilC- Is the Lankford girl playing college softball?

Old Tiger
07-13-2003, 01:29 PM
I see what you mean Card I support all the Rockdale activities and try to make it out there to check out the youth league to see what up and coming talent we have for high school. I think it's the 14-15 age group I'm not sure.

Dulce04
07-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Good luck to your granddaughter!