PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe Barry Bonds?

TheDOCTORdre
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Do you believe Barry Bond read the article then vote

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1937594

3afan
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
how can you believe him? do you honestly think he did not know what he was putting in/on his body?

Hupernikomen
12-03-2004, 03:35 PM
I was thinking about this the other day...I wish I knew what bonds and kent were really fighting about that day in the dugout...here's may made up scenario

Bonds "Hit the freaking ball out the infield every once in a while."

Kent "If you were taking that juice you are on yours wouldn't be flying out of here the way the do...you are a disgrace to the game."

Bonds "I am going to pop your little bitty head."

Baker "Hey all that stuff is flax seed oil and athritis creme...leave him alone Jeff and hit the ball out of the infield every once in a while and this crap wouldn't happen."

Bonds "No kidding."

Baker "Hey did you take your 2 pm swig of oil Barry?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A real paraphrase of Bonds:

"I didn't ask Balco what was in the stuff I was taking. I just wanted it to make me feel better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, if it is true he took the roids they should whipe him from the record books in my opinion.

NSUTrumpet08
12-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Personally, if it is true he took the roids they should whip him from the record books in my opinion.

I agree...i find it hard to believe that he didn't know what he was taking. And he didn't care what was in it???? For all he knew, they could've been poisoning him and stuff...geez...I know Barry Bonds is a great hitter and all but this whole thing with steroids is getting out of control...it's a shame players do this just to hit better or run better or what not...what do you call practice and spring training for? ugh....

Keith7
12-03-2004, 04:18 PM
i believe he is a great hitter regardless, but roids should never be taken, and he should be banned from baseball like pete rose, i look at this more seriously then betting on the game

99IHSMustang
12-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Of course he would not admit to knowing what he was using. You talk to any bigshot laywer who makes the bucs and is willing to defend you even if you are guilty and they will tell you to deny it and they will take care of the rest. Money talks and bull?#!... walks.

Jody
12-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I was thinking about this the other day...I wish I knew what bonds and kent were really fighting about that day in the dugout...here's may made up scenario

Bonds "Hit the freaking ball out the infield every once in a while."

Kent "If you were taking that juice you are on yours wouldn't be flying out of here the way the do...you are a disgrace to the game."

Bonds "I am going to pop your little bitty head."

Baker "Hey all that stuff is flax seed oil and athritis creme...leave him alone Jeff and hit the ball out of the infield every once in a while and this crap wouldn't happen."

Bonds "No kidding."

Baker "Hey did you take your 2 pm swig of oil Barry?"

Now that's funny! Your gonna get good at this trash talkin yet..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A real paraphrase of Bonds:

"I didn't ask Balco what was in the stuff I was taking. I just wanted it to make me feel better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, if it is true he took the roids they should whipe him from the record books in my opinion. :D :D :D :D :D

Hupernikomen
12-03-2004, 05:00 PM
you are in trouble!!

Bullaholic
12-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Barry Bonds' statement about not knowing he was taking steroids is right up there with "Slick Willy's" statement about not inhaling marijuana when admitting he smoked it.

Phantom Stang
12-03-2004, 07:52 PM
I can't believe that a professional athlete in his late thirties would not have questions about a supplement ANYONE gave him to consume.

BlueBlood
12-03-2004, 08:06 PM
He knew, he cheated and it's a shame that he will own so many records.

fballchick06
12-03-2004, 10:21 PM
i agree that this whole steroid thing is getting out of hand, but everyone needs to realize that if everyone in sports who used performance enhancing drugs was kicked out of their respective sports, we would be lucky to field two teams to play each other. the real thing that needs to be done is to get a better testing system and to realize that science is always one step ahead of the game so you need to keep the tests current because new drugs are being made and used every day.

JettJenkins04
12-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I totally agree, i think they should have more testing and zero tolerance for drug use. More random testings that only the commisioner should know about.

Keith7
12-04-2004, 01:06 AM
here is a neat photo gallery that shows bond's growth

http://espn.go.com/mlb/gallery/19379070.html

JasperDog94
12-04-2004, 10:15 PM
So I'm supposed to believe that the same guy that refused to shake a sportscaster's and other fans hands because of germs, would not think twice about what he's putting in his body....riiiiiight...:rolleyes:

SINTON81
12-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Nope, I don't believe him.

football4life
12-05-2004, 12:42 AM
looking at that photo gallery thing, id say there was a pretty gradual increase in size, although there was a bit of difference once you got to around 2000. the big increase was in the home run numbers. 73!!! :thinking: :thinking:

htowntransplant
12-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
He knew, he cheated and it's a shame that he will own so many records.

yeah i believe he is not telling the truth when he says he didnt know they were steroids. i just hope lance armstrong stays clean. id hate to see his accomplishments get the asterisk, if one even exists for cycling...

JasperDog94
12-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm curious about the people that voted they believe him. What makes you believe him? Others have stated why they don't believe him. Now it's your turn. I'm just curious why you would believe him. I just don't see consistancy in what he does and what he said that he did (or didn't) do. Maybe I'm wrong, but tell me why you believe him.