PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Time In 3 Years

TheDOCTORdre
12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Sweetwater and Snyder. I know a bunch of ya'll are tired of hearing about this game, while many of yall can not hear about it enough but I've put together a little final thought on the game tonight and the past meetings in the last 3 years between these two rivals

October 11, 2002(@Snyder): Snyder-26 Sweetwater-20 (2OT)
Sweetwater would jump out to a 17-0 lead but quickly faded as Snyder scored twice in the final two minutes of the 1st half to make it 17-13. After Sweetwater went up 20-13 on a field goal, Snyder would score a TD to tie the game late in the 4th quarter. The 1st OT went without either team scoring, but the 2nd OT went only without Sweetwater scoring, and Snyder scored a TD to win 26-20

October 10, 2003(@Sweetwater): Sweetwater-25 Snyder-13
Sweetwater jumped out to a 6-0 lead but would go into halftime trailing 7-6. Sweetwater would come back to score 19 points in the 3rd period to go up 25-7, A Snyder TD in the fourth only made the score different but did not change the outcome

October 15, 2004(@Sweetwater): Sweetwater-35 Snyder-25
Sweetwater stormed to a 21-0 lead, but Snyder scored at the end of the half to make it 21-7. But momentum did not stay with Snyder as Sweetwater scored twice more in the 3rd period to increase its lead to 35-7. Snyders attempt at a come back came up short but was impressive as they put up 18 points in the 4th quarter to give the final tally of 35-25

December 3, 2004(@ Big Spring)
Like having these two teams play a district game isnt exciting enough, lets throw the two teams into a game for the Regional Championship and a chance to advance to the state semi-finals. If I have learned anything about this rivary it is both teams will pull out all the stops to win, but will still show good sportsmanship and class while doing it. Both teams sport an 11-2 record and it is only the second times these foes have met in the playoffs. It is going to be one hell of a game and will come down to who wants it more. Good luck and safety to both teams tonight.

SwtwtrMstngs04
12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Awesome summary of those past meetings Dre. Just another thing to make me more anxious about tonights meeting.