PDA

View Full Version : Fear of the unknown........

cunbed10
12-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Okay another Marlin vs Jasper Thread, I know, I Know...but, the anticipation is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Marlin has heard about Jasper since the Drop to 3A two years ago, and Jasper has heard of Marlin . Can u imagine the adrenaline flowing when the coin toss takes place, I mean they say Marlin and Jasper are Mirrior images of each other, but not knowing about each other, and hearing alot about each other makes for a good game. Who will get over the butterflies first, I having 'em now just typing this:eek: :eyetwitch :cheerl:

05Dawg
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
yep gonna be a good game

Hupernikomen
12-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I hate having to wait until Saturday...folks in the stands and kids on the field will definitely be keyed up. Honestly, this is probably Jasper's best chance of winning it all. I don't see 2 teams left that were as powerful as Gainesville and Burnet were 2 years ago. So the Dawgs have a lot to be excited about. Just my take.

cunbed10
12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I hate having to wait until Saturday...folks in the stands and kids on the field will definitely be keyed up. Honestly, this is probably Jasper's best chance of winning it all. I don't see 2 teams left that were as powerful as Gainesville and Burnet were 2 years ago. So the Dawgs have a lot to be excited about. Just my take. Unfortunately Gainseville and Burnet of two years ago won't be throwing any blocks, and tackling anyone Sat. All of that tradition goes out the window, Marlin Knows Jasper is good , but so is Marlin, and these kids are not in AWE of Jasper, But since you think that those two teams mentioned above will have something to do with SAT. Well try this on for size, Marlin Made it to STATE last year and loss 34-0 now you don't think those guys want to right the ship, they have unfinish business to handle, so keep thinking Burnet, and GAisneville will be catching passes SAT. you will find yourself adding Marlin to your list above.

RBARKER
12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I hate having to wait until Saturday...folks in the stands and kids on the field will definitely be keyed up. Honestly, this is probably Jasper's best chance of winning it all. I don't see 2 teams left that were as powerful as Gainesville and Burnet were 2 years ago. So the Dawgs have a lot to be excited about. Just my take.

Huper, this is true but Jasper is not the team they were then either. I finially got to see Jasper against Cameron yoe and I don't know if Jasper was having a down day, but they did not look like a state team to me. Cameron moved the ball all night long, but turned the ball over everytime they tried to score. It might have been because of the Jasper D or just poor execution by Yoe, but Yoe should have won that game even after turning the ball over 6 times. Yoe had 22 first downs to Jaspers 11 and gained 342 yards to Jaspers 280.

Don't get me wrong Jody has not turned me into a Jasper hater yall have a great team, but IMHO Marlin Advances.

fmsc64
12-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Man I'm so excited I can hardly think, much less want to work, sorta wish we were playing tomorrow instead of Saturday! Yes everyone in Marlin is excited least wise all the folks and students I know. The long ride to deep East Texas does not bring too much excitement, especially the thoughts of riding in the big yellow limo! (this type of ride doesn't allow any frogs or buds either - darn)! Hey we have to do what we have to do. Speaking of YOU - Marlin Bulldogs - YOU know what you have to do, so come with a plan and stay ready, out move, out smart, out throw, out run and out catch those other Dogs! MB let's make history - ONE MORE TIME! Go MARLIN BULLDOGS Win!

"If you can't run with the BIG DOGS stay on the porch, in Jasper!" ;)

pirate4state
12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Good Luck to both teams!! I really wish I could make this game. :(

If it's okay, I'll be calling on my buddy DS for updates?! ;)

j_dog
12-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Huper, this is true but Jasper is not the team they were then either. I finially got to see Jasper against Cameron yoe and I don't know if Jasper was having a down day, but they did not look like a state team to me. Cameron moved the ball all night long, but turned the ball over everytime they tried to score. It might have been because of the Jasper D or just poor execution by Yoe, but Yoe should have won that game even after turning the ball over 6 times. Yoe had 22 first downs to Jaspers 11 and gained 342 yards to Jaspers 280.

Don't get me wrong Jody has not turned me into a Jasper hater yall have a great team, but IMHO Marlin Advances.
RB, you may be right. You usually are. True, Jasper is not the team they were two years ago. But they still are mostly the team that made it to the Semi's last year and took a 14-7 lead into the fourth quarter against one of the best if not the best pass/catch duos in Texas high school history. Burnet finally put the game away with only 17 seconds left in the game. True, Cameron moved the ball a lot between the twenties. For that matter, so did Liberty but it did them no good. The deciding part of football is what happens inside the twenties, not between them. And in that part of the game, Jasper crossed the goal line 3 times and Cameron once. And about the Cameron turnovers, it is funny how almost every team that Jasper plays has a lot of turnovers. :) And then people say Jasper is lucky. Well, yes they are lucky. They are lucky to have one of the best defenses in 3a football. Well, at least I believe that to be true. :)

And I also believe that Marlin has one of those best defenses. It promises to be one heck of a game Saturday night. But I still think the Jasper Dogs will eke out another victory and advance to the Semi's for the third year in a row. :)

SaxinFreak86
12-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I wish both team G'Luck! I'm sure it's going to be an exciting game!! :D

Guys, play hard!
Fans, Cheer them on!

;)