12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
check it out
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3211080

pirate44
12-02-2004, 12:16 PM
dang!! i had no idea!!:rolleyes:

NSUTrumpet08
12-02-2004, 12:29 PM
well i boo those who use steroids in that fashion...this is totally stupid...:mad:

crzyjournalist03
12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
anybody else find it ironic that the first guy to admit that he's a cheater plays for the Evil Empire???

Keith7
12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
anybody else find it ironic that the first guy to admit that he's a cheater plays for the Evil Empire???

Cheater or not, he's still a great hitter

JasperDog94
12-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Cheater or not, he's still a great hitter No offense, but it's attitudes like this that are part of the problem.

Keith7
12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No offense, but it's attitudes like this that are part of the problem.

not really think about it.. how much do steroids really effect his hitting??? besides the obvious (hitting homeruns), he would still be a good hitter w/ out using steroids..

Steroids do not effect the key principles of hitting, Hand/eye corridnation, Pitch selection, and reaction time...

So you see, he'd still be a great hitter without using steroids, but his homerun totals would be lower..

I'm not saying using steroids is right, i'm just saying he is and was a great hitter regarldess...

TheDOCTORdre
12-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bringing the evil empire into this is just uncalled for, I am a Boston fan to the core, but to even make comparisons about Giambi and his steriod use to the evil empire is ridiculous.

pirate44
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
not really think about it.. how much do steroids really effect his hitting??? besides the obvious (hitting homeruns), he would still be a good hitter w/ out using steroids..

Steroids do not effect the key principles of hitting, Hand/eye corridnation, Pitch selection, and reaction time...

So you see, he'd still be a great hitter without using steroids, but his homerun totals would be lower..

I'm not saying using steroids is right, i'm just saying he is and was a great hitter regarldess...
actually, without the steroids, he would be a mediocre hitter with allot of fly outs.

Keith7
12-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
actually, without the steroids, he would be a mediocre hitter with allot of fly outs.

oh so you dont think he can switch his approach to become a Gap hitter or more of a linedrive hitter..

and Giambi has lead the American League in walks the past 5 out of 6 years, do u think the steriods effected his patience??

99IHSMustang
12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Did he even perform well this season? Yesterday they were showing lowlights of what seemed to be from this season on TV. He did not look very impressive at all.

Keith7
12-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Did he even perform well this season? They were showing lowlights of what seemed to be from this season yesterday on TV. He did not look very impressive at all.

He had parasites, and a benign brain tumor this season