PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Fan Support

jbulldawg
12-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Get up off your "seat" and show these boys how much you support them. Trust me ... THEY NOTICE and it can and does make a difference ! Then after the game, no matter what the outcome, CHEER for them ! They deserve it ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cunbed10
12-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jbulldawg
Get up off your "seat" and show these boys how much you support them. Trust me ... THEY NOTICE and it can and does make a difference ! Then after the game, no matter what the outcome, CHEER for them ! They deserve it ! :clap: :clap: :clap: You would be surprised how much the players notices the cheers, and boos, and someone leaving the stadium early, just ask me, I know, but u r right what ever the outcome of this game, both sides should stay and clap to show their appreciation, and then Marlin and Jaspers fans and players should all meet on the field and hold hands like church.

NSUTrumpet08
12-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I agree...at the Cameron-Yoe game, i watched (to my relief) as the Bulldogs intercepted a pass in the endzone that would have given Yoe the lead but what also struck me was that a bunch of the Cameron-Yoe fans were already leaving and i think there was at least 3 minutes left on the clock...any true fan would have stayed till the very end. I guess those are the "Fair-Weather" fans...

spiveyrat
12-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Go Dogs!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cunbed10
12-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
I agree...at the Cameron-Yoe game, i watched (to my relief) as the Bulldogs intercepted a pass in the endzone that would have given Yoe the lead but what also struck me was that a bunch of the Cameron-Yoe fans were already leaving and i think there was at least 3 minutes left on the clock...any true fan would have stayed till the very end. I guess those are the "Fair-Weather" fans... I left a game early when we were losing by 10 with 4 minutes left, but in a game 12 -7 and my team threatening to score with 2 minutes left 1ST and 10 from the opponents 10 yd line, I think I would have to be there, and not leave.

Hupernikomen
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
I agree...at the Cameron-Yoe game, i watched (to my relief) as the Bulldogs intercepted a pass in the endzone that would have given Yoe the lead but what also struck me was that a bunch of the Cameron-Yoe fans were already leaving and i think there was at least 3 minutes left on the clock...any true fan would have stayed till the very end. I guess those are the "Fair-Weather" fans...

no doubt some of them were fair-weather fans, but quite a few were probably not even from cameron. people come from all over to watch playoffs games. I noticed the heart of cameron's stand stayed put. It was the fringes that evacuated.

Wildcat81
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Go Dogs Go.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bulldog Fan
12-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jbulldawg
Get up off your "seat" and show these boys how much you support them. Trust me ... THEY NOTICE and it can and does make a difference ! Then after the game, no matter what the outcome, CHEER for them ! They deserve it ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good advice, I believe our fans are doing MUCH better this year. I have noticed a difference myself.
I'll be there and I'll be loud. Let's support our team.

j_dog
12-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
Good advice, I believe our fans are doing MUCH better this year. I have noticed a difference myself.
I'll be there and I'll be loud. Let's support our team.
I need my rattler! Can't yell that loud that long! :(

Jody
12-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
no doubt some of them were fair-weather fans, but quite a few were probably not even from cameron. people come from all over to watch playoffs games. I noticed the heart of cameron's stand stayed put. It was the fringes that evacuated.

I evacuated so I didn't get linched by a Jasper fan.........:D Thought they may not appreciate my shirt.......:D :D :D

southern_thunder
12-03-2004, 08:34 AM
It would be nice to see the fans get there early and cheer the players on as they take the field for pre-game warm up. I think it would really get the kids up and ready for the game.

Junkyard
12-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
It would be nice to see the fans get there early and cheer the players on as they take the field for pre-game warm up. I think it would really get the kids up and ready for the game.

I agree Thunder, last week when Yoe took the field for warm up there side of the stands erupted and it was awesome. But when the Dogs took the field it was almost quiet. There were a few of us who made as much noise as we could but just not enough people in the stands to really be heard!!

So all you Jasper fans EAT your pregame meal early enough to get to the stadium in time to cheer on your dogs for pregame!!

It really does make a difference to the kids to know we are there to support them!!

Hupernikomen
12-03-2004, 09:44 AM
lot of yelling were I was sitting...of course the other side is going to sound loud since their voices are pointed toward us while our are pointed away from us. I thought Jasper's turnout and fan support was awesome. Good job Dawg fans..keep coming to the games and keep yelling.

Bulldog_12
12-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Id say that the worst showing of "fair-weather" fan-ism, was the Waco Connaly game last year. Just because we were down with a few minutes to go people started leaving, I don't mean a few either. Half of the stands got up and left, but a minute or two later we made them want to stay by scoring and sending it to overtime. That was the most disappointing game. Even though we won, it was like our fans had no faith in us whatso-ever to come back and win it. It is definately better this year though.

Hupernikomen
12-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Jasper probably has 500 or so die-hard fans the rest are there for the show and when it looks like it is over they want to beat the traffic. Best thing to do is keep your eyes on the field if you are playing and if you look up into the stands looks in the middle were most of the parents and student body sits. On the edges are some good fans mixed in with naysayers and visitors.

Get em dogs!