PDA

View Full Version : Kill The Bcs System

CHSBaseball07
12-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Who agrees with me???

Who all wants a playoff systeM?

jason
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
we know everybody wants a playoff..whats the point in arguing though, the bcs has a contract for like 2 or 3 more seasons....

Keith7
12-01-2004, 08:57 PM
i like the BCS is the only way to get the best 2 teams in the championship

RdaleBoi08
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
but theres more than 2 good teams in the BCS standings ya know

Keith7
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
but theres more than 2 good teams in the BCS standings ya know

I said BEST

mwynn05
12-01-2004, 09:33 PM
I think Keith is being sarcastic

Keith7
12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I think Keith is being sarcastic

im really serious..

think about it.. how many times does the BEST team make it to the Superbowl?? how many times do the BEST teams make it to the finals during march madness.. if you want the best 2 teams from the season, you need the BCS system..

Holmes_Fans
12-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Get rid of it!

PhiI C
12-02-2004, 12:17 AM
The controversy every year not just this year shows it doesn't work. It can't be fixed or improved. We need a real playoff system. If you think Texas is unhappy what about Auburn if they get left out in the cold for the national championship with a perfect record. It must go. We may be legally stuck with it a few more years but as soon as we can it must go and we must have a real playoff system.

PhiI C
12-02-2004, 12:23 AM
What I mean is as I mentioned on another thread is that as soon as we legally can we must take the BCS to the nearest dumpster, open the lid and drop the BCS system into it and close the lid and walk away and not look back.

crzyjournalist03
12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jason
we know everybody wants a playoff..whats the point in arguing though, the bcs has a contract for like 2 or 3 more seasons....

actually, they just re-upped for another five years or so...in 2007, they're going to the four BCS games and a second bowl game for one of the cities that will be the national championship...even worse than before!

SintonFan
12-02-2004, 12:42 AM
I wonder how different this vote would be if UT would have gone undefeated this year with a chance for a title?:thinking:

Keith7
12-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
im really serious..

think about it.. how many times does the BEST team make it to the Superbowl?? how many times do the BEST teams make it to the finals during march madness.. if you want the best 2 teams from the season, you need the BCS system..

KTJ
12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
i like the BCS is the only way to get the best 2 teams in the championship

There is no such thing as "the best" team in any sport. There is, however, such a thing as the most talented. Does it mean that team should win the NC? Not really. If they were as talented as people say they were, they'd be able to run thru a playoff type format all the way to the national championship.

KTJ
12-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I wonder how different this vote would be if UT would have gone undefeated this year with a chance for a title?:thinking:

We'd still hate the system. The hate for the BCS system didn't start this year. It's been on-going for a while now.

And it's not just UT fans that think the BCS is shady...

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-02-2004, 07:06 AM
the bcs doesnt work. it doesnt get the best 2 teams into the NC, because as you will see this year, there are 3 teams who deserve to go. if there were a playoff format that wouldnt happen.

Phil C
12-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

I am a UT fan and I still would be against the BCS and prefer a playoff system even if they had won several titles. Don't contradict the GodFather Sinton! :mad:

;) :D

NSUTrumpet08
12-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Well i don't really care but i know everyone who loves college football says that the BCS is a sham so if it's not reliable then there should be a change! I'd go for the playoff system just like the Division I-AA, II, and III teams do...or at least i think they all do...:thinking:

BigAbe79
12-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I think the top 8 teams should be in a playoff bracket. And the rest of the teams should play in the bowl games.

BIGGBROTHER
12-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Everyone would like a different system
yet the people who run the system dont care about the system
just the loyal ($$$) fans that come to the games and the upstanding ($$$$$$$) sponsors that are apart of all the bowl games

I mean come on if baylor had beat A&M and kept them out of the theoretical playoffs
how many people would lose money?

or what about some hack team that pulled out an upset

when money is involved all those involved put it under lock and key and everyone who wants a piece will agree to what ever the key holder says

Phil C
12-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BigAbe79
I think the top 8 teams should be in a playoff bracket. And the rest of the teams should play in the bowl games.

I could go along with that as long as they pick the top 8 teams regardless of region or area (i.e. if Miami and Florida) are in top 8 they are in and not bumped out for some weak team from another part of the country. I still would prefer the top 16 but top 8 playoff would be better than nothing and you would still be getting the top teams and have plenty of good teams for other bowls.

JasperDog94
12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I still would prefer the top 16 but top 8 playoff would be better than nothing and you would still be getting the top teams and have plenty of good teams for other bowls. I'm with you on this one. I would rather have 16 teams in the playoffs, but I'd take 8. Anything less is not really a playoff.