PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation Merkel!

Greenwood Teach
11-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Merkel has a great team and they deserve this win. Their team is a class act! They were gentlemen during and after the game. It's good to end the season losing to a team like this.

The Rangers poured all their heart into the game. It just wasn't enough with all the illnesses and injuries that have consumed them.

Now, for my whine. Someone on the Merkel side was hollering things across the field while we had players down on the field. (not just one time) Of course, there is always a jerk in every crowd, no matter where they are from!

Knightmoon
11-16-2003, 11:10 AM
I apologize for this jerk. I can assure you, the Merkel crowd was not very forgiving of this guy. The Superintendant did come down to speak to him. Uncalled for and unacceptable. There were more than just a few Merkel people that jumped on him for his actions. When your own crowd turns on you, you would think that he would get a clue. We partied all night long, and the topic other than how great a football game we saw was how big of a jerk he was. I don't know why I feel the need to apologize for that guy, but it was uncalled for and I want everyone from Greeenwood to know,that he wasn't the voice of Merkel. Merkel people were just as PO'd. I hope that you remember a great football game and not some jerk.

Knightmoon
11-16-2003, 11:20 AM
I might add that the Merkel side was genuinely concerned on the well-being of the Quarterback. He played an incredible game, and nobody enjoyed seeing him down on the field.The true Merkel crowd cheered as loud as Greeenwood when he was on his feet again. I hope that he is okay. He was a true competitor. He came back in the game, injured, with his team's season on the line. Hope that he is not seriously injured. Keep us updated on how he is doing. Great Game Greenwood.

Ranger Mom
11-16-2003, 11:25 AM
I didn't even know that happened until I talked to the Head brother's mom at McDonalds!! (I was still at the "Reunion" and could hear yelling, but couldn't tell where it was coming from!)Anyway, she apologized to me and said that guy wasn't even from Merkel (as far as she knew)...I had to ask her what she was talking about. When she explained, I assured her there always seems to be an A-hole in every crown, and it's not fair to hold it againt Merkel as a whole!!

I met Knightmoon and Mrs. Knightmoon, who are probably a better assessment in general of the Merkel fans - excited, ecstatic and proud (especially of his nephew)!!

While I am sad for the Rangers, I can't help but be happy for Merkel - they worked hard and earned the win. I guess BITTERSWEET is the word I am looking for.

Congrat Badgers!!!

Greenwood Teach
11-16-2003, 04:39 PM
I told my son that this was one of those "character building" experiences. (he really hates it when I say that, but I know that it is the truth). The Merkel kids have had plenty of "character building" experiences in their lives and that is one reason that their behavior during and after the game was exemplary. (just like their district, I believe)

Greenwood Teach
11-16-2003, 04:45 PM
I keep forgetting to add this in my post!

GO BADGERS!

I hope they go all the way. They certainly deserve it!