PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Star Cup...

CHS_Grad '85
12-18-2003, 04:32 PM
presented by the Texas Dodge Dealers... standings as of December 3, 2003, are as follows:

Conference 3A

1. Canyon 18pts.
Wimberley 18pts.
3. Monahans 16pts.
4. Caldwell 14pts.
Carthage 14pts.
Elgin 14pts.
Pharr Valley View 14pts.
8. Denver City 12pts.
Sinton 12pts.
10. Bowie 10pts.
Bridge City 10pts.
Cameron Yoe 10pts.
Graham 10pts.
Kaufman 10pts.
Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 10pts.
Needville 10pts.
Orange Grove 10pts.
Paris North Lamar 10pts.
Texarkana Pleasant Grove 10pts.

Need more information on this... Click Here (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/lsstand.html)

3afan
12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
thanks for refreshing everyone's memory :D

Adidas410s
12-19-2003, 01:09 PM
I know its still early but I think that Wylie will make another good run at the title. Those stats only have cross country and volleyball (which Wylie doesnt have!). With a state semis in football, top 10 boys b-ball team, good girls team, and what will be perenially tough golf, track, and baseball teams, Wylie should make a good run at this I hope!

Wbulldogs
12-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Adidas410s:
I know its still early but I think that Wylie will make another good run at the title. Those stats only have cross country and volleyball (which Wylie doesnt have!). With a state semis in football, top 10 boys b-ball team, good girls team, and what will be perenially tough golf, track, and baseball teams, Wylie should make a good run at this I hope!yah we dont have a volley ball team but we do have a cross country team and they didnt do to bad this year...our basketball teams are very very strong this year and will make some noise, same with baseball track and golf, alot of returners...hope we make a good run for the lonestar cup

Buccaneer
12-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Where can I get past years results ?

Adidas410s
12-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Wbulldogs:

Adidas410s:
I know its still early but I think that Wylie will make another good run at the title. Those stats only have cross country and volleyball (which Wylie doesnt have!). With a state semis in football, top 10 boys b-ball team, good girls team, and what will be perenially tough golf, track, and baseball teams, Wylie should make a good run at this I hope!yah we dont have a volley ball team but we do have a cross country team and they didnt do to bad this year...our basketball teams are very very strong this year and will make some noise, same with baseball track and golf, alot of returners...hope we make a good run for the lonestar cupJust as FYI, Wylie did not receive any points from the cross country team. Where the real injustice lies is that tennis is not factored in ANYWHERE to the system. Wylie has been in the state finals the last 4 years, winning in '02. Also, they have had numerous individuals @ state EVERY year that they have had a team, having at least 4 state titles, a few more runner ups, and at least 10 3rd place finishes. Unfortunately, the UIL only counts 4A and 5A TEAM Tennis into the standings so all of the acheivments of the great 3A programs (i.e. - Wylie, Vernon, and lately Lindale) will go unaccounted for. This is a shame becuase Wylie's program is on par with that of Abilene High and Cooper, which between them won the state title in team tennis 5 of the 10 years during the 1990's...AHS in '90 and '99 and Cooper winning '93-'95. OK I am done venting now...off to Wing Stop!