Kennedale (3-0) vs Everman (2-1)
7:30 Friday, Marr Satdium, Everman
Series: Everman leads 5-2
Last Year: Kennedale 42 Everman 33
Last EHS win: 1962 Everman 32 Kennedale 6

Key Players:
Kennedale QB Bryan Barrett, RB Rex Harper, WB Chris Morris
Everman RB Marcus Jamison, WR Tim Jackson, DT Brian Jones

About Kennedale: The Wildcats come in with one of the top offenses in the state....Barrett makes things go as he directs KHS' littany of skill people..Barrett doesn't put up big numbers but when he throws the ball it is usually for a big play..Harper has averaged over 10 yards a carry throughout his days at Kennedale and in 3 games he has 443 yards and 10 TD's..his partner in crime Weldon Brooks has 407 yards and 6 TD's in 3 games..throw in double threat Chris Morris who has 178 yards on the ground and 1 TD and has 7 receptions for 288 yards and a TD you see why Kennedale is so dangerous...the D is still a question mark however..

About Everman: The Bulldogs are struggling on D and that isn't good against an offense like Kennedale...EHS gave up over 400 yards of offense to Crowley last week and only a great effort on offense kept Everman from being upset..Jones and Co. have got to step it up if they want to win this one..the offense has been pretty good thus far considering their youth..junior TB Marcus Jamison has 360 yds and 3 TDs thus far and FB Robert Moore has chipped in 240 yds and 2 TD's...Tim Jackson is Everman's double threat with 10 carries for 101 yards and a TD and has caught 6 passes for 195 yards and 3 TD's...QB Neiman Busch has 2 rushing and 3 passing TD's thus far....

Overall: This should be a war..last year Kennedale had this one circled and they played like it stunning the defending state champs 42-33...Everman rebounded and rolled to another state title...this year Everman got their loss out of the way but Kennedale looks to be almost unstoppable on offense....Everman will be out for some revenge as this has developed into a nice rivalry in all sports...EHS also has the home field advantage as Everman hasn't lost a home game since 1998....whoever has the ball last may win...I am takin Kennedale in a shootout..42-39

Kennedale Wildcats
09-23-2003, 10:17 AM
I love my Wildcats! Class of '82!

This is what I have seen this year. Here is my take on the game:

Barrett has a great arm, but makes bad decisions when he has pressure.
Harper is fast, but he always seems like he is getting hurt.
Morris looks like a great athlete, but he takes too many plays off. No Heart!
Offensive line looks like the smurfs have invaded Kennedale.
Defensively the boys looked better last week, but come on Dallas Smith was terrible.
Coaching wise Barrett outcoached Everman last year. He had his boys ready, but it may not be enough this year.

I have not seen Everman play this year, but in my opinion last week they were recovering from the OK game. Which in my opinion was stupid to schedule in the the first place. This week is all about revenge. They don't sound like the Everman teams I remember, they usually have one of the best defenses in the state. The deciding factor in this game is REVENGE. It's tough to whip someone that has had revenge on their minds for 365 consecutive days.

Can Kennedale win? You bet, they have the talent to beat anybody in the state.
Will they? Not this time.

Matthew328
09-23-2003, 11:25 AM
I dunno if it was stupid to schedule the Oklahoma game...no one wanted to schedule us....LOL we had to find someone to play...LOL

crzyjournalist03
09-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Did Everman call Ennis? That would have been an interesing game.

Matthew328
09-23-2003, 11:27 AM
I think so...I don't think the teams open weeks where they coulda played worked out...

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

everman_guy
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Everman and Ennis had matching open weeks, but Ennis wouldn't play us. They flat said no, and went and scheduled Marlin...serves em right...lol.

Matthew328
09-24-2003, 08:52 AM
I think last year we woulda given Ennis all they wanted and possibly coulda beaten them..I dunno if I want any part of Ennis this year!! LOL

Eradicator
09-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:

Defensively the boys looked better last week, but come on Dallas Smith was terrible.
Coaching wise Barrett outcoached Everman last year. He had his boys ready, but it may not be enough this year.

I have not seen Everman play this year, but in my opinion last week they were recovering from the OK game. Which in my opinion was stupid to schedule in the the first place. This week is all about revenge. They don't sound like the Everman teams I remember, they usually have one of the best defenses in the state. The deciding factor in this game is REVENGE. It's tough to whip someone that has had revenge on their minds for 365 consecutive days.

Will they? Not this time.The Oline looks more like the Munchkins from Munchkin land. They look like they'd bite the ankles of the Everman D line. Maybe even reach their shin's. I don't think Kennedale's oline is ready for the Jones gang. Kennedale 14 Everman 50

<small>[ September 24, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Eradicator ]</small>

CatsDen
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
The offensive line may be undersized, but the blocking angles, scheme, and technique allow them to be succesful. The backs are quick through the hole and the mis-direction helps to keep the Defense off their toes. They are not going to run the ball down your throat with sheer power, but they will hit you quick from all different angles.

everman_guy
09-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Watched Everman run the Wing-T with small quick lineman and backs that hit the hole quick for years. Our lineman always had good techinique, heck Coach Barrett was the offensive coordiantor. The same thing happened every time we played a d-line as big and as good as Everman's is. We couldn't ever move the ball, but we always did break one or two long runs a game though...lol. Everman has been having trouble with their safeties making plays, but their front seven is in way better shape than it was when we played Kennedale last year. Our 2 Ends are D1 commits, one of the tackles is being recruited by Big 12 schools for 2005. 2 of our linebackers are young but will college ball someday.

CatsDen
09-24-2003, 01:16 PM
It sounds to me like the pressure is on in Everman. All that "college material" at stake.

Matthew328
09-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Sure the pressure is on Everman....but don't think Kennedale doesn't have pressure...it's a big game....pressure is always on when it comes to a big game...

OLiNeMaN
09-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Eradicator:

Kennedale Wildcats:

Will they? Not this time.The Oline looks more like the Munchkins from Munchkin land. They look like they'd bite the ankles of the Everman D line. Maybe even reach their shin's. I don't think Kennedale's oline is ready for the Jones gang. Kennedale 14 Everman 50How is the Kennedale Offensive Line smurfs or munchkins? There are some good sized boys on there, with the exception of the guards. NOW, those guards are midgets, but the rest of them are pretty decent sized, quick guys. Oh and for everyone posting scores, stop. You arent psychics, come watch the game and you'll see the score for yourselves.

Eradicator
09-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I really think the oline wouldn't look that small, if it wasn't for the jolly green giant. Now, HE make the gaurds look like midgets! LOL!

<small>[ September 25, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Eradicator ]</small>

CatsDen
09-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Who are the D1 recruits at Everman? I know that Boatwright committed to TCU...what about Brain Jones? Who's the third?
Several of last year's Wildcats went to Navy and 1 to Stanford. I don't know about this year's seniors' (Rex, Brian, Morris, Bostice) plans.

<small>[ September 25, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: CatsDen ]</small>

everman_guy
09-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Jones committed to Texas Tech believe. Jontae Bragg (6-3, 200) is only a junior, has stared early recturing by Kansas State and Oklahoma State, plus a few others he appear to be keeping on eye on him. The Middle linebacker is a sophomore, and has a good chance to go D1 based on talent. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Matthew328
09-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Brian Jones has orally commited to Texas Tech......junior DT Jontae Bragg is one of the top juniors in the state and is getting looks from a LOT of schools...sophmore LB Lawrence Alexander has the ability to be the best LB ever to come through Everman...and we've had some good ones over the years...but he is only a sophmore and still learning...

reptard7isCRAZY
09-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Can you make a Bellville Rice preview?

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Matthew328:
Brian Jones has orally commited to Texas Tech......junior DT Jontae Bragg is one of the top juniors in the state and is getting looks from a LOT of schools...sophmore LB Lawrence Alexander has the ability to be the best LB ever to come through Everman...and we've had some good ones over the years...but he is only a sophmore and still learning...Yeah! this guy has made my nickname list LA LOTs of Ache, hey this guy will hit you in the mouth!.....Twice.

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 06:36 AM
GAMEDAY!!! The Star-Telegram has the Kennedale @ Everman game listed as he 3A Game of the Week. I can't wait!

BootLegNumber5
09-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Kennedale and Everman should be gettin pumped up for this game. It is gonna be great The Kennedale SuperFans are gonna be out to support the team. who ever wins this game wins 8-3A

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 07:24 AM
BootLegNumber5:
Kennedale and Everman should be gettin pumped up for this game. It is gonna be great The Kennedale SuperFans are gonna be out to support the team. who ever wins this game wins 8-3ANo doubt!