PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville vs Liberty Hill

HBfan
11-30-2004, 10:28 PM
This is going to be a very very good game to watch... with h-ville outstandin g defense and liberty hills good offense... i think hallettsville will win by 1!! wut do yall think? :) :clap:

Bandera YaYa
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you....I'm going with my adopted Panthers by 28!! :D

gobblerfan02
11-30-2004, 11:07 PM
You're right, the key matchup will be if the Halletsville D can stop the running attack of LH! I think they have a shot if they are able to keep their heads in the game, Halletsville on top.

Halletsville 21
LH 14

(I believe I already predicted this score, but not sure!)
Sorry LH Panther Mom!:D

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, being the statistical/analytical person I tend to be :p , I had to do further research. The game will be the #2 3a offense in the state, averaging 48 pts/game against the #2 3a defense in the state, only allowing an average of 9 pts/game. :eek: This should be a great game to watch for the fans - I hope the players have a good time on the field.

I have to say, with strength of schedule taken into play, the Panthers should win this if they play to their capabilities. GO CATS!

HighSchool Fan
12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
I'll take the Panthers in this one

PurpleHart
12-01-2004, 02:23 PM
ROLL ON CATS:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2004, 02:25 PM
LH by 6

rhs78
12-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, being the statistical/analytical person I tend to be :p , I had to do further research. The game will be the #2 3a offense in the state, averaging 48 pts/game against the #2 3a defense in the state, only allowing an average of 9 pts/game. :eek: This should be a great game to watch for the fans - I hope the players have a good time on the field.

I have to say, with strength of schedule taken into play, the Panthers should win this if they play to their capabilities. GO CATS!

outstanding statistics,this will be an outstanding football game,most think it will be a lopsided win for L-H, i'm not so sure,we will see saturday,it should be great football weather!!!.
good luck to both teams

CheerMom
12-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Go Brahmas!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

underware
12-01-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm going with Hallettsville on this one. AND Cuero. Great job 26-3A. Is it possible to win both Div. I & II?? I think so.

HBfan
12-01-2004, 09:21 PM

wow!! there both ranked #2!? but LH in offense and H-ville in D?!! omg... this is goin to be a fun and excitin game! how ddi u find out the rankings?!

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Jerry's website tracks throughout the season.

footballgal
12-01-2004, 10:43 PM

Just keep in mind that, that #2 def, includes games against 2A teams. So that kind inflades the stats a bit. Liberty Hill will be fine.;)

chubbed_up
12-01-2004, 10:45 PM
i would love to see halletsville win this one because they are still in it with us representing 26-3a but liberty hill is too much of a team i think

HBsr
12-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Just keep in mind that, that #2 def, includes games against 2A teams. So that kind inflades the stats a bit. Liberty Hill will be fine.;)

am i sensing some tension or should i say jealously from the PI loss?

hmm.. the plot thickens.

HBsr
12-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
i would love to see halletsville win this one because they are still in it with us representing 26-3a but liberty hill is too much of a team i think
hmm...

footballgal
12-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by HBsr
am i sensing some tension or should i say jealously from the PI loss?

hmm.. the plot thickens. Only a high school kids would think that way. :rolleyes:

Since when is stating a fact considered jealously, did you or did you'll not play a couple of 2A teams?

chubbed_up
12-01-2004, 11:44 PM
hey HBsr im supporting yall just a little worried about this week

HBsr
12-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Only a high school kids would think that way. :rolleyes:

Since when is stating a fact considered jealously, did you or did you'll not play a couple of 2A teams?

we did.. but r u or r u not still bringing up all of our imperfections lately?....

high school.. u were there once too babe.

HBsr
12-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
hey HBsr im supporting yall just a little worried about this week

yeah i understand.. thanks for the support tho!

footballgal
12-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by HBsr
we did.. but r u or r u not still bringing up all of our imperfections lately?....

high school.. u were there once too babe.

LOl, won't even bother, as LH Panther mom & others know what I am saying.

rhs78
12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
for anyone interested, the victoria advocate had a very good article today about the Brahmas" texas one two three step" defense, and also another article on cuero

footballgal
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Good article for the Brahmas; but the following I can’t resist to state my opinion; Someone help me understand, how it can be considered "forced" turnovers, when it’s the PI QB, i.e., fumbled the exchange in the 1 yard line, credited to the defense???? Or are they talking about 4 others fumbles that I missed??? (I can understand the INT)

The Brahmas forced four Port Isabel turnovers, including a fumble at the Hallettsville 1-yard line that was recovered by linebacker Tyler Pekar in the end zone. Wade Kallus and Werner also had fumble recoveries, and Klint Vornsand had an interception.

Again, I am not saying that the Brahmas don’t have a good defense, (before people starting jumping down my throat) but come on…

Best Wishes to both teams and may the best team win! May they represent Region IV well!

rhs78
12-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Good article for the Brahmas; but the following I can’t resist to state my opinion; Someone help me understand, how it can be considered "forced" turnovers, when it’s the PI QB, i.e., fumbled the exchange in the 1 yard line, credited to the defense???? Or are they talking about 4 others fumbles that I missed??? (I can understand the INT)

Again, I am not saying that the Brahmas don’t have a good defense, (before people starting jumping down my throat) but come on…

Best Wishes to both teams and may the best team win! May they represent Region IV well!

Maybe it should of said Received(as in Gift)???? would that be more acurate?

honeymd
12-02-2004, 05:56 PM
yup.....lol...I'm just jacking with you man. The Brahmas have a great defense, but it wasn't that pressure (as it normally is) that create the mistakes. You do know this, right? Sorry.

purplenails
12-02-2004, 06:16 PM
P.I lets have you guys tell us panther fans who you think will win sat. the hill or the ville.

HBfan
12-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by purplenails
P.I lets have you guys tell us panther fans who you think will win sat. the hill or the ville. well... why are you only asking for the port isabel people to answer you?:thinking: :confused:

SaxinFreak86
12-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I think that this will be a very interesting and exciting game to see. Probably to MOST exciting ALL year!! I think both teams will put there best game on the field! I want to wish Halletsville g'luck, can't wait to play you Sat!! However, I REALLY want LH to win, heh. I'm alittle biased...;)

I'm also looking forward to playing with the Halletsville Band! (yayz, go band!, lol) :p

How's Halletsville passing game? LH has been working on it. The guys aren't there yet, but they are much better than in previous years. I have heard that H-ville's D is great! How's their offence?

Heehee, This is going to be a GREAT game!! :D

cat dog horse
12-02-2004, 10:29 PM
halletsville has a very good defense but i just dont think they can handle that LH rushing attack....as much as i would like to see halletsville win this one, im gonna have to go with LH

LH-24 H'ville-14

PurpleHart
12-03-2004, 03:41 AM
There are bands at football games?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by HBfan
well... why are you only asking for the port isabel people to answer you?:thinking: :confused:

I think that's because they were your most recent opponent. :)

honeymd
12-03-2004, 07:40 AM
From what I recall, #6 is their go-to person for just about everything. Also, there is a scrappy small guy (#2?) that runs the ball pretty well and manages to get a couple of extra yards each time he carries.

It will be "hill's" offense against the "ville's" defense. Whichever manages to play better that day will win. I think the deciding factor will be the other side of the ball...ie: Can the "ville" score against the "hill's" defense? They managed to get 10 on the Tarpons, so they should get a bit more on the Panthers...that is, if they can get lucky and get the ball 3 times because of 6 fumbles! LOL.

Have fun and stay safe everyone.

HBsr
12-03-2004, 10:49 AM
PI Lost to us and that should be it but they still think we suck but look how lost the damn game

HBsr
12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
LOl, won't even bother, as LH Panther mom & others know what I am saying.

right..

HBsr
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by honeymd
From what I recall, #6 is their go-to person for just about everything. Also, there is a scrappy small guy (#2?) that runs the ball pretty well and manages to get a couple of extra yards each time he carries.

number 6 would be dustin pekar.. he was the only one who was able to break thru to score at the PI game.. parris brown.. leading in yards in our district if im not mistaken

BIGGBROTHER
12-03-2004, 12:38 PM
its probably been pointed out before
but lh moms sign pretty much represents the panthers

go cerebus

liberty hill by 17

the new round rock stadium at 2pm saturday right?

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
You are correct on the location/time, BiggBrother. :)

HBfan
12-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I think that's because they were your most recent opponent. :) well.. of course they are gonna pick yall though...! so why ask?! reassurence or something?

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2004, 05:33 PM
well.. of course they are gonna pick yall though...! so why ask?! reassurence or something?

I didn't ask the question, merely responded to a separate one. We played PI last year, so they know what type of team we have & now they know what type of team Hallettsville has. Folks often ask others about common opponents. And, no.....we do not need any reassurance from Port Isabel or anyone else. :)

HBfan
12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
I didn't ask the question, merely responded to a separate one. We played PI last year, so they know what type of team we have & now they know what type of team Hallettsville has. Folks often ask others about common opponents. And, no.....we do not need any reassurance from Port Isabel or anyone else. :) oh! im sorry... a slight misunderstanding! ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2004, 06:16 PM
No problem. I've been there myself. :)

HBfan
12-03-2004, 06:59 PM
soo.. who all is going to go to this game?! what do yall think the final score will be?! :thinking: who do yall think will win?!

SaxinFreak86
12-03-2004, 10:03 PM
soo.. who all is going to go to this game?! what do yall think the final score will be?! :thinking: who do yall think will win?!

Hee hee, *jump up and down waving my hands* I'm going, I'm going. lol. It's not like I have much of a choice, but I'm not complaining!!:D ;)

And I HOPE we (LH) win. I think it will be close.....that's all I know.

Oh, just in case any Halletsville Band Nerds see this, See ya tommorow!! Can't wait for the halftime show!! It's gonna be fun!! :D :D

G'Luck to all the guys on BOTH sides.

Bandera YaYa
12-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Brrrrrrrrr!! Just got in from meeting the YaYa's at the mighty oak .....sure is cold tonite.......too cold to be dancing buck naked , that's for sure..but I did it for my Panthers....wanted to make sure thay had all I could give them for their game tomm. So, I'm sending lots of spirits and good omens to them.....ALL THE WAY PANTHERS!!!!

I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU LHPANTERMOM!!! SAFE TRIP AND YELL LOUD FOR ME!! PEACE!!

AP Panther Fan
12-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Yikes, let's hope YaYa isn't going to the hospital with pneumonia tomorrow as Liberty Hill wins!:D

Good luck tomorrow fellow panther fans!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Brrrrrrrrr!! Just got in from meeting the YaYa's at the mighty oak .....sure is cold tonite.......too cold to be dancing buck naked , that's for sure..but I did it for my Panthers....wanted to make sure thay had all I could give them for their game tomm. So, I'm sending lots of spirits and good omens to them.....ALL THE WAY PANTHERS!!!!

I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU LHPANTERMOM!!! SAFE TRIP AND YELL LOUD FOR ME!! PEACE!!

It certainly is cold! That's quite a sacrifice for this time of year! But, it worked your boys 2 years ago & we're hoping it will have the same luck for us. Thank you so much, YaYa! :kiss: :kiss:

TAMUGRAD
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
I'll be working, but if anyone has updates on this game today please let us know. Last time I tried to pick up that station out of Hallettsville with no luck. I think you have to live within the city limits to pick it up.

Make our district proud Hallettsville. We will be cheering for you!!

Go Brahmas!!