PDA

View Full Version : All state nominees, chose 3 of your players who you think Deserve to be All State.

cunbed10
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
This All State team is made up of 3 players that excelled during the regular season, the first 10 games, give us three players that you think would make the All State Team.For the first team offense, I nominated two from Marlin Jeremy Sanders Jr QB and Uriah Tank Smith Sr. RB/LB 1st Team Defense I nominatedDevon Hughes CB and Uriah TANK Smith Those R my 3. Second team Defense I nominate Chris Stewart DT SR

Kool Tarpon 21
11-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I nominate the QB from Wharton. I'm still impressed by his ability and talent. It just sucks that they lost the first round. Peace up, A-Town down.

CHS_Grad '85
11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Well - Kendrick Pittman, Dustin Estas & Kevin McManus... honorable mentions to Matt O, Freddy Williams, Justin Scott & Bryston Tucker... for playing with lots of heart Chris Sleeth

Macarthur
11-30-2004, 06:08 PM
IP Hawks

Justin Swenson, QB (Sr.) - Not eye-popping stats, but very dangerous player that was heart and soul of strong Region 1 team the last two years.

Tyler Duggins, OT (Jr.) - The most dominating OL that I saw this year. At 6'6" 260lbs., he physically manhandled people and is a legit D1 prospect.

VWG
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Swenson from IP should get an all state hon. mention.
Tyler Crump... isn't he a senior this year at A. Wylie. That guy is one heck of a offensive lineman.
Of course Dane and Christian the super combo from Decatur should get either 1st or 2nd team votes.
The kid from Snyder (Walker, RB) should get either 2nd team or hon. mention votes.
Those are just a few off the top of my head right now in Region I.

dogdad
11-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Royse City:
James Mapps 2400 yds. rushing (He's a QB but put him at RB)
he should be the 3A player of the year

Chris McDaniel OT- the most dominant OL I've seen this year

Donnie Pierce OLB- 6'-4" 230lbs he ran down the Gainesville RB from behind....he can do it all.... he's going D-1

FootballChik98
11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
From Canton, I would nominate sophomore QB G.J. Kinne. He rushed 193 times for 1182 yards/15TDs and passed for 2629 yards and 29 TDs. Also, Johnathan Ellis and Wayland Whitlock, both WRs, should be mentioned because they both had great seasons. Barlow Reid and Josh Wilson, also WRs for the Eagles, would be my second team nominees.

PPHSfan
11-30-2004, 08:03 PM
There is not a team in the State that has 3 All State Players on it. There is probably not a team in the state with two.

Supertilley
11-30-2004, 08:16 PM
WO-S:
WR. Keneth Beasly
Punter. Steven Smith 42yard Avg/punt
DL. Tobie Chavis

Macarthur
11-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
There is not a team in the State that has 3 All State Players on it. There is probably not a team in the state with two.

I don't think you can say that. I would say there's probably several schools that have 2 that are worthy. And it's not out of the question that there may be one or two that have 3 that are worthy.

D-GOOD
11-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I would have to say Dee Walker from Snyder should get firtst or second not hon. mention or second team. His stats are to good and you would have to watch him in person to really appreciate his running skills. I havent seen anyone in the other regions that is the only reason i say first or second team. He is definately the best in region1.

PPHSfan
11-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I don't think you can say that. I would say there's probably several schools that have 2 that are worthy. And it's not out of the question that there may be one or two that have 3 that are worthy.

There are over 1000 football teams in the state of Texas. There are 186 in 3a alone.

Out of 22 positions you're gonna fill two or three with one team?

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
burnet did it last year with shipley, mcgee and kuhn...I think shipley and mcgee were no brainers...don't know enough about kuhn to say he was deserving of 1st team LBer...but I don't recall hearing about any duo's outside of Decatur's this year that might be able to match what burnet had.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2004, 09:27 PM
I'd have to say the most deserving person on our team is Tony Haberer, LB - not necessarily because of his contributions this year, but for what he has accomplished all 4 years as a Varsity starter. In no way do I think he is better than the 400-500 other LB's in the state, but I believe he is our most well-rounded athlete. (That's my homer vote.)

PPHSfan
11-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Jordan Shipley was on the All State team as a Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, and of course as a Senior. Listed on both offense and defense. He was also the only All American in 3a as a Senior. I am not sure, but I don't believe any other kid has ever done that. He is also is a very small group of players that has scored points in every conceivable way on the football field. Including but not limited to.

Rushing TD
Receiving TD
Throw a TD pass
Return a punt for a TD
Return a kickoff for a TD
Kick an extra point
Kick a fieldgoal
Score a safety

Heck if you dig around enough you can probably find him returning a missed field goal or extra point for a score.

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 09:43 PM
heck he did all of that in the jasper game in 2002.

District303aPastPlayer
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
1. Larvell Roy - Cuero
2. Dane from Decatur
3. Travis Franco -- 41 TDs and 2500(approx) all purpose yards, 1700 of which came on the ground can't be ignored.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
From Jasper I would nominate:

Gilbert Moye
Edrick Bronson
Derrick Bean
* Sean Wetherspoon could be a possibility

PurpleHart
11-30-2004, 09:48 PM
I have to say if u go on stats then Casey Kociuba deserves All State as well as Ryan Lawhorn LH Full back with 40 some odd TD.
But if u wanna go on playmaker ability then that Matt Escamilla should definitley be in the mix.

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
From Jasper I would nominate:

Gilbert Moye
Edrick Bronson
Derrick Bean
* Sean Wetherspoon could be a possibility

Weatherspoon is the best of the bunch IMO.

Bronson probably will get some consideration. Moye is still a year or two away...plus I don't know that Jasper has ever had an all-state qb...they don't put up the numbers.

raider red 2000
11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
I nominate the QB from Wharton. I'm still impressed by his ability and talent. It just sucks that they lost the first round. Peace up, A-Town down.

i will be a homer and agree with you. trey jones, wharton QB, had over 2100 yds passing, 25tds in the air, about 600 rushing and 5 rushing tds. also returned punts and kicks.

at least one cuero lineman....the way they move the ball someone has to be pretty darn good.

rattlerbb01
11-30-2004, 11:58 PM
QB Scott Martin from Navasota. 1000 rush yards, 7.5 ypc, 15 TD;1000 pass yards, 12 TD, 4 INT; 90 tackles and 5 INT, two sripped balls in key games, and PR for TD. Three year starter at QB.
RB Chris Smith - 247-1764-21 TD, 2 Reception TD's. Over 5000 career rushing yards for the Rattlers.
Both are academic all district selections, Martin is Honor Society.
They'll be sorely missed next year so I hope they get some love from sportswriters and recruiters alike.

j_dog
12-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I think Jasper has been too inconsistent on offense to nominate anyone for offense. But on defense, I think the following deserve serious consideration.

Jordon Patton, db, Sr (4th year starter)
Dekendrick Gilder, Sr (4th year varsity and 3 year starter)
Sean Weatherspoon, Jr, LB

Old No. 7
12-01-2004, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j_dog
[B]I think Jasper has been too inconsistent on offense to nominate anyone for offense.

That may be true this year but I'll bet the farm Moye will be there by next year. That young man has talent! When Jasper wins state, He may get an honorable mention this year. :D

pinecone
12-01-2004, 12:55 AM
My vote for a JasperBulldog goes to DeKendrick Gilder. Pound for pound he is the best athlete to play football for Jasper and maybe the best receiver of all time at Jasper. Only trouble is there aren't many pounds of him. He is so small, other teams don't think he can defense them. He has handled everyone he has played against, including the 6ft 6 or 8 in allstate basketball player turned football receiver from Diboll. He was the newcomer of the year his freshman year in our district and he has never slacked off. If he were average size or better, he would be a D1 prospect.

Bulldog_12
12-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Definately Gilder, for obvious reasons, then I would follow with Derrick Bean (great defensive player and also saw him play running back in a game a few weeks ago), then Patton, great DB and then when he was at the helm again against Cameron, 3 plays and 80 yds. later hes in the endzone with all three runs going to him. Those would be my three candidates.

pinecone
12-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Definately Gilder, for obvious reasons, then I would follow with Derrick Bean (great defensive player and also saw him play running back in a game a few weeks ago), then Patton, great DB and then when he was at the helm again against Cameron, 3 plays and 80 yds. later hes in the endzone with all three runs going to him. Those would be my three candidates.

I like Patton, too! But I think the injury will hurt his chances and the picks were to be for the first 10 games. He has improved greatly since his freshman year. Too bad he is a senior. He has the inward determination that cannot be taught. You just have to be born with that competitive spirit. And SPEED, that's Patton.

cunbed10
12-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j_dog
[B]I think Jasper has been too inconsistent on offense to nominate anyone for offense.

That may be true this year but I'll bet the farm Moye will be there by next year. That young man has talent! When Jasper wins state, He may get an honorable mention this year. :D You say he is a helluva basketball player Huh? He won't win State, if he doesn't play in the State game. two words 4 u Tank Smith

cunbed10
12-01-2004, 09:32 AM
There is not a team in the State that has 3 All State Players on it. There is probably not a team in the state with two. I just wanted 3 nominees, only 1 will make, and sometimes two. First team is very hard to put two in, but Burnet had 3 last year.

89JDAWG
12-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
You say he is a helluva basketball player Huh? He won't win State, if he doesn't play in the State game. two words 4 u Tank Smith

tank will be introduced to MR WEATHERSPOON!!

cunbed10
12-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
tank will be introduced to MR WEATHERSPOON!! well get Mr. Weatherspoon a hard hat, a bible, and a seatbelt, cause if he tries to tackle Tank by himself, it's going to be a ruff ride.;)

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2004, 10:34 AM
am i the only one who didnt homer on this thread... it looks like it....

Ryan Ueckers aka the Uke
James Villareal aka Mr. James Villareal

my 2 OTHER sinton picks...

CheerMom
12-01-2004, 10:51 AM
From Rice:
Charles Huffman- RB
Donovan King- DE

COACHCOACH
12-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
am i the only one who didnt homer on this thread... it looks like it....

Ryan Ueckers aka the Uke
James Villareal aka Mr. James Villareal

my 2 OTHER sinton picks...

..............uhhhh......okkkkkkkk

Hupernikomen
12-01-2004, 11:46 AM
well get Mr. Weatherspoon a hard hat, a bible, and a seatbelt, cause if he tries to tackle Tank by himself, it's going to be a ruff ride.;)

Weatherspoon has the size to bring down any back this side of J. Lane of Lufkin by himself.

Hupernikomen
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
The last 2 games have been some hard-hitting games by all teams involved. Jasper will be bringing the Riddell...I expect Marlin will do the same.

tigersupporter
12-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Justin Feaster SR QB from Glen Rose. Young man has talent and skills that go hand in hand with his maturity and knowledge of the game. Had over 20 passing tds and 15 rushing tds this season and over 3400 passing yards. Ran 2 kickoff returns for touchdowns, 92 and 96 yards....punted for an average of 41 yds and a good defensive showing (2 interceptions) during the playoffs. He is truly and outstanding player.

TheDOCTORdre
12-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by tigersupporter
Justin Feaster SR QB from Glen Rose. Young man has talent and skills that go hand in hand with his maturity and knowledge of the game. Had over 20 passing tds and 15 rushing tds this season and over 3400 passing yards. Ran 2 kickoff returns for touchdowns, 92 and 96 yards....punted for an average of 41 yds and a good defensive showing (2 interceptions) during the playoffs. He is truly and outstanding player.
Well I saw Feaster play against Sweetwater and even though he didnt have a tremendous showing at the game I could see flashes of skill and ability that he had. I wish I could have seen him on a good night

cunbed10
12-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
The last 2 games have been some hard-hitting games by all teams involved. Jasper will be bringing the Riddell...I expect Marlin will do the same. Yeah! I heard the Cameron Jasper was one of the hardest hitting games last week, Tatum vs Gilmer should be a hardhitter, but Marlin Jasper will have no choice but to be a HeadBuster, I can see alot of hard hits in this one. Tank hits people when he is on offense, as well as defense.

fmsc64
12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Tank Baby hits real hard, teeth shattering hard. The kind of hard that when you're in the stands and watching you can feel the blow and you know it has to hurt cause you heard the hit all the way up in the stands. He hit a pack of guys in the Graham - Marlin game and they 4-5 of them looked like the pins falling in a bowling alley. Tank should definitely be nominated for state, no doubt in my mind he deserves the honor. He has been like this all 4 years, just getting better each year.
" Go Tank Baby Go! "
" Make us proud one more time!!!!!" :)

Old No. 7
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
You say he is a helluva basketball player Huh? He won't win State, if he doesn't play in the State game. two words 4 u Tank Smith

I swear I've heard of Tank Smith for 10 years. Yall may have to produce a birth certificate before this game. :)

PPHSfan
12-01-2004, 07:09 PM
In 3A only

Ath- Stephen Hodge (Tatum)

WR- Manual Johnson (QB-Gilmer)

WR- Brian Christian (Decatur)

In the whole state

DajLeon Farr (TE-Galena Park North Shore)

Reginald Youngblood (OL-Houston Washington)

DeMarcus Granger (DT- Dallas Kimball)

Stephen Hodge (Ath-QB-Tatum)

Parentnator
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Kennedale Had a few good men!

David Collins WR/DE/P (3 yr starter)
Daniel Hemphill LB (3 yr starter)
Weldon Brooks FB 3,000 yds in two years 8 yd avg.

imahoser
12-01-2004, 09:28 PM
from sweetwater

QB Sr. Jeremy Thompson
FB Sr. Alan Copeland
DE sr. TJ Rosson(bad lil dude)

theyoefnshow
12-01-2004, 09:36 PM
from Cameron:

Ryan Mullins - more than 3000 yards all purpose passing and rushing

Derrick Evans - MIGHT have gotten 1000 receiving yards, nearly 18 yard average and had 3 INTs on defense, ALL returned for touchdowns

Curtis Hoyle - close to 800 yards or more receiving; had an average of about 16 yards a catch

chubbed_up
12-01-2004, 11:03 PM
dang everyone on here is being a homer so i guess i will start out as one also...casey harryman LB (from cuero)...and general matt schumacher as QB he does one heck of a job throwing in a run based offense. larvell roy RB/DE one of the best backs in the state if not the best. jeremey ross and nick taylor are incredible in the secondary and at receiver. and pretty much the entire OL. i know that all these guys arent gonna make all-state but those are my homer picks. now for what i really think. i dont know his name but the LB from palestine...24 i think is one heck of an athlete. trey jones from wharton at qb. those wimberley LB's are pretty dang good too. 54 imparticularly.

chubbed_up
12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
oops sorry, 54 was an end but he was damn good. the LB im thinking of was 44 maybe?

DragonEagle01
12-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Canton Eagles
QB G.J. Kinne #1
WR Johnathan Ellis #5
WR Wayland Whitlock #33

All 3 also start on defense. Kinne was out-passing Decatur's Chandler Dane with 2 weeks to go in the season.

Honorable Mention
WR Barlow Reid #9
WR Josh Wilson #7

All 4 Canton WR were in the top 30 in receving yards in 3A.

UPanIN
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM
"All state nominees, chose 3 of your players who you think Deserve to be All State."

This was the question at the beginning so being a "HOMER" is expected.

Chris Smith (RB) Navasota
Scott Martin (QB, FS) Navasota
Randall Hutchinson (OT, DT) Navasota

DOGFAN
12-02-2004, 10:44 AM
From Abilene Wylie:

Tyler Krump Sr. #79 OL- This kid is the most agile 320 pounder I've seen this year. He is a pancaking machine.

Levi Wolfe Sr. #50 OL/DL- One of the most underrated players in the state. His combination of size (6' 1" 280), strength (435 bench press) and speed tend to make an impact that is very noticeable.

Jared Robertson Jr. #54 DL- This kid is fun to watch. He comes off the ball harder and with more intensity than any defensive lineman I've seen in a few years.

If anyone saw the Decatur game it was these three guys that gave Wylie that great surge at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They wouldn't be playing at this level this time of year without them.

pirate4state
12-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
"All state nominees, chose 3 of your players who you think Deserve to be All State."

This was the question at the beginning so being a "HOMER" is expected.

EXACTLY! :clap:

Highschoolfan78
12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
That DE from West Columbia probably deserves it. He was pretty darn good. The QB from wharton deserves to be on the list as well. LB Casey Harryman and Roy Sierra from the Cuero line deserve it. Possibly Franco from Sinton?? I really dont know any other areas so it would be wrong for me to list names from other regions.

tigersupporter
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Well I saw Feaster play against Sweetwater and even though he didnt have a tremendous showing at the game I could see flashes of skill and ability that he had. I wish I could have seen him on a good night

What Feaster did was pretty remarkable when you consider that he threw for 265 yards and was able to scamper for a 58 yd touchdown against the very very aggresive defense of Sweetwater. It's not easy putting a ball on target when you have to throw on the run and into 7, sometimes 8 defenders. I believe I read a post earlier that described how Abilene won over Decatur. Thats about the way it happened to theTigers. He had a decent night but you are correct, its was'nt his best. I was impressed by his maturity and leadeship. Still wonder how he was able to come back after the crash on the 40. Be that as it may, he is an outstanding athlete.

PPHSfan
12-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Well anyone who thinks 3 players from any ONE team Deserve to be All State, needs to learn something about football talent.:)

cunbed10
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Well anyone who thinks 3 players from any ONE team Deserve to be All State, needs to learn something about football talent.:) I think Marlin will place one on the first team, and one on the Second team, with two making honorable mentioned.

sweetthangkari
12-02-2004, 02:25 PM
I think that our guys are great but....
Ronald Brown #24
Cameron Jones #23
Fred Williams #10
Honorable Mentions
JD DelPrincipe #66
Special Teams:
Cason Davis #35 (Best Kicker)
John Gold #48 (Best Punter)
Mark Gold #15 (Best Deep Snapper/Holder)

Macarthur
12-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Well anyone who thinks 3 players from any ONE team Deserve to be All State, needs to learn something about football talent.:)

Are you going to give everyone that lesson? If so, you may begin now.

k-town ballers
12-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Junior FB Blake Mercer- He had 1,623 yards and scored 23 touchdowns this year. He was MVP of District 12-3a

Senior DT Travis Wilson- played a big key on defense to help Kaufman win District.

Senior OL Beau White 6-0ft 285lbs.- He and the rest of the OL opened up big holes for Mercer with some of the best pass protection I have seen.

Honorable Mention
Brian Pettigrew offensive tackle
Keitrick Mumphrey as Defensive Lineman of the Year.

SaxinFreak86
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm all for Casey Kociuba or Ryan Lawhorn...heh, but that's me, lol.
There is also a kid from Sweetwater, I think, that is really good. I've heard about him a couple times at school. Can't remember his name though....:doh:

swatersenior
12-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Im not sure it was really all his fault tho sweetwaters defense played the best ive seen em play this year his recievers just were covered

htowntransplant
12-03-2004, 04:07 AM
all i know is travis franco from Sinton had like 40+ tds

htowntransplant
12-03-2004, 04:10 AM
wow its amazing that u can name the best holder/long snapper:rolleyes:

htowntransplant
12-03-2004, 04:10 AM
(talking about sweetthangkari's post)

Port_town_texas
12-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Kirbyville-----Broderic Bean, Qunicy Cotton, Corey Crawford.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
oops sorry, 54 was an end but he was damn good. the LB im thinking of was 44 maybe?

Either 44 or 52. Both ate our lunch. :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Some noteables that I have seen this year:

Vernon: Eric Favors DB is the only one from Vernon with any chance.
IP: Justin Swenson QB (Maybe an HM) & Tyler Duggins OL Should be an All State Player this year
Snyder: Dee Walker RB & Ricky McNatt DL
Sweetwater: Thompson QB
Decatur: Dane QB & Christian WR
Bowie: Major Henderson HB
Graham: Chance Condron LB

I'm sure more will come to me but those off the top of my head.

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
all i know is travis franco from Sinton had like 40+ tds

AP Panther Fan
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

:thumbsup:

sweetthangkari
12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
wow its amazing that u can name the best holder/long snapper:rolleyes:

I said "DEEP" snapper and you know what he is....lol
Go #15!!

KARI

handNthedirt
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Royse City's James Mapps, for RB or QB.....he's an unstoppable force, thank God he's a senior.

jlwzz
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Well i know theres not many Dane fans here but he has had an outstanding year, and if they would have left him in the third and forth qts. this year he would have rewrote the states passing records.

Dane qb Decatur
Christian wr Decatur
#54 A. Wylie

Keith7
12-03-2004, 06:30 PM
How about this..

QB: Chandler Dane, Decatur
QB: Jeremy Heatly, Breckenridge
RB: Tank Smith, Marlin
RB: Latreal Cooper, Cuero
WR: Manual Johnson, Gilmer
WR: Chandler Dane, Decatur