View Full Version : BCS Bowl Picture

OldBrahma04
11-30-2004, 01:42 PM
As of the November 29 Sports Illustrated it has the bowls as followed:

ORANGE: USC vs. Oklahoma

SUGAR: Auburn vs. Virginia Tech

ROSE: Cal vs. Michigan

FIESTA: Utah vs. Boston College

Can anybody validate if these are the final results?

gobblerfan02
11-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Those can't be final until all the different division championships are played and FINAL!

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by OldBrahma04

Boston College is not the Big East rep more than likely it will be Pittsburgh

OldBrahma04
11-30-2004, 01:49 PM
It says....

Will be:
ORANGE: USC vs. OU
SUGAR: Aburn vs. VT
ROSE: Cal vs. Mich
FIESTA: Utah vs. BC

Should be:
SUGAR: Auburn vs. Louisville
ROSE: Cal vs. Boise State
FIESTA: Utah vs. Texas

Could be:
ORANGE: Cal vs. Utah
SUGAR: Tenn vs. Virginia
ROSE: USC vs. Michigan
FIESTA: Colorado vs. Syracuse

OldBrahma04
11-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Latest controversy
www.bcsfootball.org/news.cfm?headline=75 (http://)

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Latest controversy
www.bcsfootball.org/news.cfm?headline=75 (http://) It doesn't work.

Adidas410s
11-30-2004, 02:00 PM
It says....

Will be:
SUGAR: Aburn vs. VT
ROSE: Cal vs. Mich
FIESTA: Utah vs. BC

Should be:
SUGAR: Auburn vs. Louisville
ROSE: Cal vs. Boise State
FIESTA: Utah vs. Texas

Could be:
ORANGE: Cal vs. Utah
SUGAR: Tenn vs. Virginia
ROSE: USC vs. Michigan
FIESTA: Colorado vs. Syracuse

There is no way that OU could NOT be in the BCS. Even if they lose to Colorado, they would not get knocked out of the BCS top 4. Additionally, USC is already locked into the Orange unless something VERY crazy happens in the final votes. Personally...UT is getting screwed...again!

raider red 2000
11-30-2004, 02:14 PM
http://www.bcsfootball.org/news.cfm?headline=75

this one works

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks.

big daddy russ
11-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Here's how it shakes out, Old Brahma...

USC and Michigan are the only certains...

Utah has a very slight chance of being knocked out, but that chance is miniscule...

OU, Auburn, and the ACC Champs control their own fate, as do Pitt in the Big East. If AU and OU win, they're in. If they lose, then Tennessee and Colorado are in. Whoever wins the showdown between Miami and Virginia Tech gets the ACC crown and the automatic berth that goes with it. Right now, VT has the edge in the standings but if they lose to Miami the two would end up in a tie with Florida State and the tiebreaker would go to Miami.

Cal's future depends on the USC/UCLA game this weekend. Of course, they'd have to beat Southern Miss. this weekend, too, but if UCLA pulls off the upset it won't matter. They're out and USC goes to the Rose Bowl.

I can't really tell you what's going on in the Big East. It just sucks. Looks like Pitt goes bowling, but I know that Syracuse beat both Pitt and BC. There's a four-way tie at the top between 'Cuse, Pitt, BC and West Virginia. But I still have no idea how it's playing out. Anyways, ESPN and TSN both say that Pitt's going, so it sounds good to me.

KTJ
11-30-2004, 03:46 PM
The BCS matchups won't be certain until Sunday when they are announced.

TexasCoach39
11-30-2004, 04:55 PM

they can't be final until all the conference championships and last games have been played..... but they most likely will end up that way unless there are some MAJOR upsets......

Old Tiger
11-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Does Cal still have another game?

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Does Cal still have another game?
southern miss this saturday

Old Tiger
11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
I hope they lose!

LALK
11-30-2004, 07:31 PM
IMO auburn is the best team in the nation...followed very closely by USC...oklahoma shouldn't even be in the picture

OldBrahma04
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
OU not in the picture...your wild. OU and Auburn would make the best national championship game.

Holmes_Fans
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Any team can be good with a 30 year old QB.

GOFOR2
11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Amen, to that.
We'll see what OU looks like next year when they have an actual college aged QB.

PhiI C
11-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Any team can be good with a 30 year old QB.

What 30 year old qb?

Bulldog_12
12-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, Im pulling for Southern Miss this weekend. I wouldn't mind us going to the Cotton Bowl, it would be a lot closer than San Diego.

Bellville22
12-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Here's a thought, probably a more realistic one than Cal losing or Texas passing them in the BCS....

Should Auburn lose to Tennessee this Saturday (very doubtful, but certainly possible), that would send the Vols to the BCS bowl. It would also, however, more than likely send Auburn to the Cotton Bowl to face Texas. Can you imagine a Texas vs. Auburn matchup! Would be better than at least two of the BCS bowls, and arguably the best matchup of the bowl season. By no means am I predicting this to happen, I happen to think Auburn is the best team in the country, but if they're not going to get a shot at the championship, I'd love to see them matchup with Texas.

Just a thought.

Dogman
12-01-2004, 11:08 AM
It looks like the BCS has flunked again. If things hold on and USC plays OU in the Championship game and Auburn get snubbed I wish that the regents at Auburn would refuse to play in a BCS game in favor of playing at a site that had a great atmosphere like the Holiday Bowl or a bowl that would be a great trip for the players. You guys think about what it would be like to go to the beach in January. If they were to do this it would force the BCS into a position of having only 1 really big game and this is what the BCS deserves. I think Auburn, OU, USC, Utah, and Boise all deserve a shot at the title since they are all undefeated. Don't get me wrong I'm a Orange Blood and love the Horns but the undefeated teams should play to there is only one left.

This would destroy the BCS for good.

Hookem \m/

KTJ
12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
If it was Texas vs. Auburn in the Cotton Bowl, I'd be a happy camper.

And it'd be the best bowl game this season.