PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any posters from Halletsville?

LHMom
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
??

GO PANTHERS!

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2004, 08:19 PM
If there are, there aren't many. :( It's the story of most of our year. Looks like the boys will have to win this one, so you & I will have some fans to talk with. Marlin & Jasper both have posters. Soooo, feed that boy good & tell him to kick some Brahma butt! It might need some tenderizing. :D

LHMom
11-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Just finished feeding him. It is "film" day so he's home early...

I'll relay the message!

GO PANTHERS!!!

gobbler grad
11-29-2004, 09:30 PM
all the Hallettsville posters are still at practice...LOL,LOL

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
all the Hallettsville posters are still at practice...LOL,LOL

Ah, shoot. I don't feel right about picking on a player. :devil:

gobbler grad
11-29-2004, 10:11 PM
there the only ones who know how to turn on a computer...lol
i work with someone from hallettsville and he can hardly turn it on..lol :evillaugh

LHMom
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ah, shoot. I don't feel right about picking on a player. :devil:

Uh-huh.

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Uh-huh.

Shhhhh. It's a secret. :evillaugh

jason
11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Ah, shoot. I don't feel right about picking on a player. :devil: you're getting soft on us

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Soft? NEVER! :p

HBsr
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
there the only ones who know how to turn on a computer...lol
i work with someone from hallettsville and he can hardly turn it on..lol :evillaugh

thats funny.. im from hallettsville and im pretty good with a computer

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2004, 11:10 PM
You're in h.s., right?

La Grange
11-29-2004, 11:26 PM
La Grange is about 30 miles from Halletsville. They used to be on our district, but not of lately.

I still can not believe they are having a good year, this is the first time in a very long time lol. They are almost a 2a school due to the Catholic school that is also in Hallestville.

crabman
11-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Two teams left in playoffs - Palestine 899 Hallettsville - 349

The biggest and the smallest of 3A - Like bookends.

Buccaneer
11-30-2004, 06:36 AM
There is a former Sinton player on the Halletsville team! Can someone tell us how Brady T is doing? What position is he playing?

rhs78
11-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Two teams left in playoffs - Palestine 899 Hallettsville - 349

The biggest and the smallest of 3A - Like bookends.
thats what is great about the brahmas run this year, last team in 3-a school pop-390(according to tfp) 4 rounds deep, most posters don't realize that. Its neat that they've had this run,it could continue????? and it might not!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
thats what is great about the brahmas run this year, last team in 3-a school pop-390(according to tfp) 4 rounds deep, most posters don't realize that. Its neat that they've had this run,it could continue????? and it might not!!!!

I discovered this morning, in doing a little research, that the Brahmas have the 3rd ranked defense in the state, 3a! :eek: That is very impressive!

rhs78
11-30-2004, 09:31 AM
I discovered this morning, in doing a little research, that the Brahmas have the 3rd ranked defense in the state, 3a! :eek: That is very impressive!
was just reminded by Bulldogfan on another thread about bandera in 2002,Hallettsville has a lot of simularites to that team that won it all. its just an amazing runfor the brahmas.who knows what will happen???

HBsr
11-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
There is a former Sinton player on the Halletsville team! Can someone tell us how Brady T is doing? What position is he playing?

brady! ah lol well brady is doing pretty well actually. he just started playing football this year and hes starting... i think hes a wide reciver or running back.. im not sure i just know they give him the ball sometimes

gobblerfan02
11-30-2004, 11:26 AM

Again LH Panther Mom, I keep telling everyone on this board that Halletsville, although very small, is NOT A JOKE! Hope all of you are able to get this into your head now that they've made it this far. Just look what they did to PI, shut 'em out!
So, if I was LH, I'd be weary of the defense, they were able to contain Cuero in our game for ALL of the first half, but I believe if Halletsville has a weakness, it's their inexperience, cuz right now, they're playing with more heart than anyone.
Again, sorry to disappoint you LH Panther Mom, but I still hafta go with my own district here, rootin' for the Brahmas, since ya'lll already knocked off Yoakum!:mad: But to whoever wins, represent Region IV to the best of your ability.
Halletsville 21
LH 14

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Again LH Panther Mom, I keep telling everyone on this board that Halletsville, although very small, is NOT A JOKE! Hope all of you are able to get this into your head now that they've made it this far. Just look what they did to PI, shut 'em out!
So, if I was LH, I'd be weary of the defense, they were able to contain Cuero in our game for ALL of the first half, but I believe if Halletsville has a weakness, it's their inexperience, cuz right now, they're playing with more heart than anyone.
Again, sorry to disappoint you LH Panther Mom, but I still hafta go with my own district here, rootin' for the Brahmas, since ya'lll already knocked off Yoakum!:mad: But to whoever wins, represent Region IV to the best of your ability.
Halletsville 21
LH 14

It never occurred to me that a 13-1 team was a joke. All year I've done comparisons on our upcoming opponents. Since I'm looking for info for that week's game, the climb in the ranks for the Brahma defensive unit has slipped my attention. (:kiss: for us knocking off Yoakum. ;) )

gobblerfan02
11-30-2004, 11:35 AM
It never occurred to me that a 13-1 team was a joke. All year I've done comparisons on our upcoming opponents. Since I'm looking for info for that week's game, the climb in the ranks for the Brahma defensive unit has slipped my attention. (:kiss: for us knocking off Yoakum. ;) )

I am just wondering where you found that they had such a high ranked defense?

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Jerry's site tracks this info throughout the season. It's the only place I can get info outside of Central Texas.

HBsr
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I am from Hville I think We will go all the way and run over Liberty hill

footballgal
11-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Just look what they did to PI, shut 'em out! ... I think the Tarpons kind of helped them out in that dept. (shutout)
Good defense yes, but not like some are making them out to be.

I think LH will do fine on their defense, the key will be LH defense & Halletsville offense, what will do against each other.

HBsr
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by HBsr
I am from Hville I think We will go all the way and run over Liberty hill

lol who was that?

*britt*

super1
12-01-2004, 12:31 AM
I used to live and coach in Hallettsville. I was there for 13 years and still have lots of friends there and some of them have kids playing on this years team.

We made the playoffs several times while I was there but we could never get past the first round. I was at the PI game and it was great seeing all the support the team has. Also saw lots of old friends. Congratulations for what you've done thus far, Brahmas. Keep on Keepin' On!
Take Care of Business!!

Go Bulls Go!!

footballgal
12-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by super1
I used to live and coach in Hallettsville. I was there for 13 years and still have lots of friends there and some of them have kids playing on this years team.

We made the playoffs several times while I was there but we could never get past the first round. I was at the PI game and it was great seeing all the support the team has. Also saw lots of old friends. Congratulations for what you've done thus far, Brahmas. Keep on Keepin' On!
Take Care of Business!!

Go Bulls Go!!

I am curious coach, where are you coaching now?

super1
12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I coach at a AA school to the south of San Antonio.

cdlvj
12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
The Boerne coach Tommy Bludau, I thought coached at Hallettsville. He was at Columbus, but I think he is a native of Hallettsville.

footballgal
12-01-2004, 03:26 PM
I coach at a AA school to the south of San Antonio.

How south of San Antonio, Dilley, Charlotte, Lytle, Natalia?

super1
12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
How south of San Antonio, Dilley, Charlotte, Lytle, Natalia?

I used to coach at one of those schools........but now I'm a little further to the East.

And Lytle is a AAA school. I said I was at a AA. :D

footballgal
12-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I used to coach at one of those schools........but now I'm a little further to the East.

And Lytle is a AAA school. I said I was at a AA. :D

Oh is that what they are now? Last time I checked, they were AA. Ok, South of SA and east .... are you going to tell me or are you just gonna let me keep guessing? :D

Ok, Karnes City, Kennedy, Three Rivers???

super1
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
http://www.pothpirates.com

footballgal
12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
http://www.pothpirates.com

Ahhh, that was my next guess I swear! :) Are you in the picture?

super1
12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Ahhh, that was my next guess I swear! :)

Obviously, you didn't click the link. :D

footballgal
12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Obviously, you didn't click the link. :D
Yeah :D I saw it afterwards. Someone in that area was eagles, I am trying to remember who...:thinking:

cdlvj
12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Interesting tidbit of info, The coach at the Catholic shool in the late 60's was a Mr. Kramer, I forget his first name.

Two of his sons George and Mike played when I was in high school in Schulenburg. and another son was Tommy Kramer. They moved to San Antonio and he played for Lee High School.

Thomas Francis Kramer was born in San Antonio, Texas. He graduated from Rice University in 1977. He was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round of the 1977 National Football League college draft.

Kramer became the starting quarterback for the Vikings before the 1979 season after Fran Tarkenton had retired. Kramer earned the nick name "Two Minute Tommy" for many late game come-from-behind victories.

Kramer had off the field problems, he was arrested several times for drunken driving and had sought treatment for alcohol abuse. Kramer also suffered on the field injuries, resulting in missing many games for the team during the mid 1980s. Tommy Kramer was selected to the Pro Bowl following the 1986 season. Kramer was released by the Vikings after the 1989 season, but was signed by the New Orleans Saints during the 1990 season. He played briefly for the Saints and left the game of football after 1990.

super1
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah :D I saw it afterwards. Someone in that area was eagles, I am trying to remember who...:thinking:

Pleasanton Eagles are 30 miles to the west of here. Also the Pettus Eagles are to the south a ways.

and I'm not on the picture on the front page. That is our State Champion Volleyball girls.

footballgal
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Pleasanton Eagles are 30 miles to the west of here. Also the Pettus Eagles are to the south a ways.

and I'm not on the picture on the front page. That is our State Champion Volleyball girls.

That's whom I was thinking of, Pettus Eagles, … ya see Poth.... Pettus... they both start with a P.

Wow, state champs! I am so jealous, being an ex-volleyball player myself; I have a bronze metal, which should have been a gold medal! .... Oh the torture..... :(
:D

44INAROW
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM

Take Care of Business!!

Go Bulls Go!!

Did you used to coach baseball in Cuero?

super1
12-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Did you used to coach baseball in Cuero?

Nope, you're thinking of our AD. He was at Cuero for a year.