PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs Tatum

Gsquared
11-29-2004, 12:43 PM
I have seen both and both have great speed, good defenses and salty offenses. Im going with Gilmer because the Gilmer D looks a tad better than Tatum's. Should be a fun one to watch.

Gsquared
11-29-2004, 06:19 PM
ttt

Gilmer Buckeye
11-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Before the season started, I would have given the edge to Tatum.

But the way the Buckeyes are playing in the playoffs, I would say we ought to win, provided we don't make too many errors on offense. The defense, as you say, can keep us in the game even if we were to suffer a few turnovers.

Tatum also has a middle LB with a broken thumb. He had surgery on it after the W-H game. If McCoy can't go, I think Hodge would have to go both ways. That's what happened in the second half of the W-H game, I heard.

Gsquared
11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I saw the WH game and Hodge rotated on D.

Buckeye80
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Gilmer wins, hands down!!

Tatum has no new weapons from last year, only 1 more year of experience. Gilmer has just as many (if not more) weapons than last year's team, plus 1 year of experience, plus one of the state's top defenses for a change.

Look for the Buckeyes to jump on the Eagles offensively early in this one and lay on the defensive throttle all game long. I look for the Buckeyes to have at least a two touchdown lead at the half and turn it over to that stifling "D" in the second half.

Tatum's defense is improved from last year's squad, but it won't be enough. Everyone will see (and this isn't cocky, it's realistic) that Stephen Hodge is the second best 3A QB in Reg II behind Manuel Johnson. We handled him last year with less speed on the defensive side of the ball, and we'll handle him again.

Gilmer rolls on to meet the Sweetwater/ Snyder winner.

Gilmer 37
Tatum 14

Buckeye80
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman

Gilmer 35
Tatum 14

I swear to God I didn't see this before I made my prediction. LOL:D :D

Gsquared
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I swear to God I didn't see this before I made my prediction. LOL:D :D
Copycat! :D :clap: :nerd:

Buckeye80
11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Copycat! :D :clap: :nerd:

I've been found out!!

I really don't know anything about high school football.:hairpunk:

Gsquared
11-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I've been found out!!

I really don't know anything about high school football.:hairpunk:
Its ok, we both have close to the same prediction. I think its going to be a tad bit closer with Gilmer coming out on top by 11 or so.