PDA

View Full Version : What is going On/

Phil C
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Maybe I am too old fashion or set in my ways. At the game Friday night I was (as far as I could tell) the only Sinton fan that stood when the Cuero Alma Mata was played. And when Sinton's was played it looked like Cuero sat down. Is there some reason to this. This has been going on for several years since I have attended Sinton games. Back when I was in high school everyone on both sides stood up when the alma mata was played out of respect. Have things changed and I am behind the times? Explain please. If so not all things have changed for the better.

Phil C
11-29-2004, 11:26 AM
And this isn't just Sinton I have noticed it. I just happen to be a Pirate fan. It seems to be the thrend everywhere though.

mustang04
11-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Maybe I am too old fashion or set in my ways. At the game Friday night I was (as far as I could tell) the only Sinton fan that stood when the Cuero Alma Mata was played. And when Sinton's was played it looked like Cuero sat down. Is there some reason to this. This has been going on for several years since I have attended Sinton games. Back when I was in high school everyone on both sides stood up when the alma mata was played out of respect. Have things changed and I am behind the times? Explain please. If so not all things have changed for the better.

it might just be the region of Texas ur from...cuz in West Texas, everybody stands for both alma maters....and after every game Sweetwater plays, the players and coaches stand behind the other team during their alma mater

rhs78
11-29-2004, 11:33 AM
it must be a rival thing between sinton and cuero because i've been to alot of games over the last twenty five years and always both sides stand for each others alma mater,it is out of respect.

pirate44
11-29-2004, 11:40 AM
i noticed the same thing at the games i've been to including the home games. i remember when everyone stood for both.

BlitzemAll
11-29-2004, 01:10 PM
I was at Texas Stadium Sat, and noticed hundreds not standing during either alma mater, included in that bunch was some "younger" coaches.......even those in our profession need to learn a bit of respect since we demand it from our players.....

onfirebball05mustang
11-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Strange...we ALWAYS stand for each other's alma maters...maybe it's because of the tension of playoffs, or just blatant disrespect...that's really odd though---Both teams made it this far, you'd think the fans would be supportive of that fact and stand up to show respect, no matter who you favor for the winner.

jason
11-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BlitzemAll
I was at Texas Stadium Sat, and noticed hundreds not standing during either alma mater, included in that bunch was some "younger" coaches.......even those in our profession need to learn a bit of respect since we demand it from our players..... i noticed that too...a lot of them, though, were in the end zones and stuff and probably were there just watching.....

BlitzemAll
11-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Jason, being there just watching, is the point, all fans usually stand out of respect, I was there just watching, and I stood because it is the way I was raised.....others need to be taught I guess, because courtesy seems to be disappearing

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 01:22 PM
I think the main thing is that we don't stress school pride like we used to...IMO

CHS_Grad '85
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
In our region, everyone stands for both Alma Maters... granted we didn't make it that far in the playoffs but both schools showed respect for the school songs... sad to hear that it has changed in some parts of the state...

Phil C
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BlitzemAll
Jason, being there just watching, is the point, all fans usually stand out of respect, I was there just watching, and I stood because it is the way I was raised.....others need to be taught I guess, because courtesy seems to be disappearing

Sad to say that that may be the case Blitz.