PDA

View Full Version : Palestine the team to beat in Div I

jet sweep
11-29-2004, 10:41 AM
This is the best team in 3a imo. Not many people realize how good Silsbee was and they dominated them for 3 quarters. They haven't had a close game in their last 4.....all been 24+ pt victories. They play a tougher schedule than their remaining oppenents, so i'm predicting that they continue their dominance throughout the next two games. Good luck to them!!

jason
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
maybe...maybe not...

thats why they play the game...

44INAROW
11-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by jet sweep
This is the best team in 3a imo. Not many people realize how good Silsbee was and they dominated them for 3 quarters. They haven't had a close game in their last 4.....all been 24+ pt victories. They play a tougher schedule than their remaining oppenents, so i'm predicting that they continue their dominance throughout the next two games. Good luck to them!!

How the heck do you know WHO played the tougher schedule? None of that matters at this point anyway.. It is who plays the best game and makes the least mistakes. GO MEAN GREEN :)

Tiny
11-29-2004, 10:51 AM
I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks. The last one standing is the best. ( Except when you use the BCS system)

jet sweep
11-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
How the heck do you know WHO played the tougher schedule? None of that matters at this point anyway.. It is who plays the best game and makes the least mistakes. GO MEAN GREEN :)

SOS ranking according to TexasFootballRatings.Com

Palestine #11

Cuero

jet sweep
11-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Palestine #11

Cuero #27

Take it easy man.....just an opinion. Cuero is stout, but I can guess that they haven't seen the team speed they will face this week. I could be wrong though, but i doubt it.

44INAROW
11-29-2004, 11:07 AM

Palestine #11

Cuero #27

Take it easy man.....just an opinion. Cuero is stout, but I can guess that they haven't seen the team speed they will face this week. I could be wrong though, but i doubt it.

First and foremost, I am not a MAN, but I know what you meant. You stated it the like you knew it first-hand what our schedule was like, sorry I assumed that's what you meant, my mistake.

Phil C
11-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Tiny
I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks. The last one standing is the best. ( Except when you use the BCS system)

Man you got that right Tiny.

Highschoolfan78
11-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Cuero has not seen speed? Sinton has more speed than most 3A teams in all regions of this state. As far as that SOS ranking BS that doesn't mean much this far into the playoffs. What matter is each team's WFFN(Winning football friday night) for the next 2 weeks. This is quite alright though. Will not be the first person to doubt the Gobblers and probably not the last. Wimberly is still coulda shoulda woulda on the other boards, but they aren't playing anymore. So Cuero will be ready friday to give them East Texans a run for their money, you better believe it!!

44INAROW
11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Cuero has not seen speed? Sinton has more speed than most 3A teams in all regions of this state. As far as that SOS ranking BS that doesn't mean much this far into the playoffs. What matter is each team's WFFN(Winning football friday night) for the next 2 weeks. This is quite alright though. Will not be the first person to doubt the Gobblers and probably not the last. Wimberly is still coulda shoulda woulda on the other boards, but they aren't playing anymore. So Cuero will be ready friday to give them East Texans a run for their money, you better believe it!!

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

scrub c
11-29-2004, 11:19 AM

Cuero is stout, but I can guess that they haven't seen the team speed they will face this week.

cuero is faster than a lot of people give them credit for.

texasjeremy
11-29-2004, 11:24 AM

Actually Palestine hasn't been in a close game in the last 6 games, last one they had was a 9 point win over Diboll on October 15th. Last 6 games, Palestine has won by an average score of 47-11.

mustang04
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
the thing is about being the team to beat....everyone is aiming at you, Decatur WAS the team to beat, but Wylie had their number which still amazes me......i seriously thought Dectur was going to win state in Div. 1 .......anything can happen.....

rhs78
11-29-2004, 11:43 AM

I beleive that the gobblers will have a lot to do with showing how wrong this statement is in my opinion, both teams are very good ,margin of victory means very little at this point. its how teams matchup at each position and how each team executes and which team gets the right bounce of the ball.and the team that makes the right adjustments usuall win. this will be a very close game. i predict someone will win it i just don't know whom!!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2004, 11:56 AM
the reason cuero has 'not seen team speed' that palestine has, is because Cuero has the team speed that makes every one else look a tad bit slower. . . they are the speed team... the power team.. the causing turnover team.. the dominating o-line team.. the blow you off the ball team... etc... etc... etc...

IHStangFan
11-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Cuero has not seen speed? Sinton has more speed than most 3A teams in all regions of this state. As far as that SOS ranking BS that doesn't mean much this far into the playoffs. What matter is each team's WFFN(Winning football friday night) for the next 2 weeks. This is quite alright though. Will not be the first person to doubt the Gobblers and probably not the last. Wimberly is still coulda shoulda woulda on the other boards, but they aren't playing anymore. So Cuero will be ready friday to give them East Texans a run for their money, you better believe it!! you beat me to it.....Sinton was LOADED w/ speed.

jet sweep
11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you beat me to it.....Sinton was LOADED w/ speed.

People, People.......read the initial post more closely. I never said Cuero didn't have speed....i only mentioned the fact that Palestine will more than likely have as much if not more. I also understand that in week 4 of the playoffs, you can throw out stats, win-loss, sos, etc. I was only providing some logical reasoning for MY opinion as to why I believe Palestine is the best team in 3a.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
hey jet sweep PM me.

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
People, People.......read the initial post more closely. I never said Cuero didn't have speed....i only mentioned the fact that Palestine will more than likely have as much if not more. I also understand that in week 4 of the playoffs, you can throw out stats, win-loss, sos, etc. I was only providing some logical reasoning for MY opinion as to why I believe Palestine is the best team in 3a.

hey rook... im right, youre wrong... just cuz i have more posts than you :D

BullFrog Dad
11-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Something that's interesting: Palestine with Adrian Pederson, 1st round and out in the '03 4A D2 playoffs. Palestine without Pederson, two wins from '04 3A D1 State Champs.

cjeffsjeep
11-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Something that's interesting: Palestine with Adrian Pederson, 1st round and out in the '03 4A D2 playoffs. Palestine without Pederson, two wins from '04 3A D1 State Champs.

Too bad it will be basketball season after this week but good run your first year in 3A

Highschoolfan78
11-29-2004, 04:40 PM

Texas with A-rod last year, lousy team. Texas without A-rod playoff run nearly. What is your point? Adrian Pederson can't suit up. It should be a great game, but having Pederson in the same sentence with Palestine isn't going to scare Cuero at all!! These boys are psyched.

ej2525
11-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Just think if Palestine had Peterson in their backfield this year!

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
don't sweat it cuero fans ...I am sure there are opponents who thought/think burnet, SLC, Katy, celina don't have speed either. Just show up and take care of business.

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you beat me to it.....Sinton was LOADED w/ speed.

How's that possible they aren't from east texas??

:D

texasjeremy
11-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad

Yes, there is a HUGE difference between 3A and 4A.

j_dog
11-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Just think if Palestine had Peterson in their backfield this year!
Yeah, one more student and they would have stayed in 4a! ;)

44INAROW
11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
lol now Cuero is in the Valley - someone get this guy a map
- from another forum..............

posted on 11-29-2004 at 02:02 PM

"Another talented East Texas team rolls over another overrated valley team. Palestine in a romp."

TheInfamousIt24
11-29-2004, 07:17 PM
This is going to be a good game. Both have speed. Palestine might have the edge on that. They also match up pretty even on size. Their offenses are very different though Palestine spreading it out and throwing and Cuero grinding it out behind a big offensive line. it should be a good one to watch. Turnovers will play a big factor in this game. Cuero is going to try to make Palestine throw the ball and there are three things that can happen when you throw the ball and one of them is good. I would have to say Cuero by 3 because they fought hard against a tough Wimberley team that played for all they were worth. I think that kind of gives them that mental edge because of playing in a few more closes ones down the stretch. I hope they both have a safe trip to Austin and play a heck of game because I am going to be there to see the two best teams in 3a.

Highschoolfan78
11-29-2004, 07:23 PM
haha that's funny 44!! i guess i'll go home and then cross the border later this weekend since Cuero is so close!!!

big daddy russ
11-29-2004, 07:32 PM
The Cuero team I saw on Friday night just has to run the ball right down your throat to win. It's tough to beat a team like that. I'm not saying Palestine is or isn't bigger, stronger or faster. I'm just saying it's going to take one helluva ballclub to beat them.

The thing with Cuero, is they have all this speed at the skill positions and at linebacker, but they don't need to use it as much as you'd think. Their lines are absolutely loaded, both offense and defense. They control the trenches and control the game. That was the first time I had ever seen a HS line (below the 5A level) form a pocket around a QB... and they did it every time he dropped back. I'm sure Palestine has an awesome team, too. They must have one to get this far. Should be a heck of a game.

As far as the competition, Cuero's played some rough teams. Sinton's been ranked top-10 in 3A this whole year (only lost to #1 in 4A Gregory-Portland and #1 in 3A Cuero). Also played at least five playoff teams I can count off the top of my head during the regular season, including Hallettsville, Sinton and Yoakum. All the above made it at least two rounds deep. Yoakum lost to top-ten Liberty Hill, Sinton (#7 in the state for a reason) ran into Cuero and Hallettsville is still in it. Not a bad slate.

JettJenkins04
11-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Good luck Cuero, just play your game and everything will be alright.

Pball
11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Cuero is going to face a team unlike any team they have played this Friday night. Palestine is clicking on all cylinders with tremedous speed on both sides of the ball. They will light you up on defense and burn you on offense. I realize that the Palestine fans are way out numbered on this post. But come Saturday morning you will all know who we are.

Gobbler Fan
11-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Pball
Cuero is going to face a team unlike any team they have played this Friday night. Palestine is clicking on all cylinders with tremedous speed on both sides of the ball. They will light you up on defense and burn you on offense. I realize that the Palestine fans are way out numbered on this post. But come Saturday morning you will all know who we are.

What has Cuero been playing *Creampuff's*?

Ill say this I dont know much about Palestine but I'll quarantee you Palestine better have that chinstrap buckled tight Friday Night :eyetwitch

Ranger05
11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Im gonna laugh if yall get beat

j_dog
11-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Pball, I am pulling for Palestine because you are from our part of the state, and because we have had some common opponents.

I will say this, two years ago Jasper had a team that, if anything, was more dominant than the Palestine team you now have. They had almost everyone back from a 4a QF team and for the most part had pretty well had their way in 3a. They did until Burnet handed it to them bad in the Semi's, the same level where Palestine is now. I suspect that Cuero is probably just as good a team as Burnet was the last two years. Beat them and I will celebrate with you. Until then, I'm not picking anyone in this one. :)

Pball
11-30-2004, 06:33 AM
J_dog,

I appreciate your support and I understand that at this level any team is capable of winning. The problem is, I have set here for several days and read posts from the Cuero supporters talking about how they are going to beat Palestine. All I am trying to do is defend my team and let them know we are not going to roll over. This will be my last post about this until the game is over.

I wish safe travel and an injury free game for both teams.

Also, good luck in the Playoffs

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
What has Cuero been playing *Creampuff's*?

Uhm, yes, that's what it is. ;)

44INAROW
11-30-2004, 08:49 AM
J_dog,

I appreciate your support and I understand that at this level any team is capable of winning. The problem is, I have set here for several days and read posts from the Cuero supporters talking about how they are going to beat Palestine. All I am trying to do is defend my team and let them know we are not going to roll over. This will be my last post about this until the game is over.

I wish safe travel and an injury free game for both teams.

Also, good luck in the Playoffs

I've never said Cuero was gonna beat Palestine, other than I hoped we would.. I have defended Cuero when UNKNOWING people come on here talking bout the "easy" schedule we play etc..... I too want my team to win. who doesn't, but I don't go slamming the other team either..... Just my thoughts....

j_dog
11-30-2004, 09:05 AM
J_dog,

Pball, man do I ever empathize with you! The only way to settle this is to whip them on the field. :) Ditto for Cuero. I would love to see this game, but I have to go see a little dog fight over in Nacogdoches! :D Thank you for your support.