PDA

View Full Version : Marlin's Tank on a Mission...

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Losing 36-0 to Atlanta, knee surgery limited play, and Almost losing in the first round. Adversity can make a determined player play above and beyond, if you haven't had a chance to see this kid play, you have truly missed a true football player, not a RB, and not a LB, but a pure unadulturated(sp?) Football Player

Bellville22
11-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
a pure unadulturated(sp?) Football Player

well said, sums it up for me

Junkyard
11-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Well I believe that the Jasper Bulldogs will drain the TANK and win this game!!!:D

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Well I believe that the Jasper Bulldogs will drain the TANK and win this game!!!:D I think the Tank will be emptied by Jasper.:p

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Well I believe that the Jasper Bulldogs will drain the TANK and win this game!!!:D This type of Tank is military like, there r no draining holes to drain, so prepare to be overtook.

thatboy
11-29-2004, 12:08 PM
well yall will get your chance saturday. I m not sure but didnt yall have 6 int's against cameron?????????????????? But you only had 20 points. You are going to need more points than that if you want to beat the REAL BULLDOGS.

thatboy
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM
after tank runs for 200 yards against yall i want an apology. it should read "Im sorry for ever doubting THE TANK"
:D

TigerShark
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
You know, in all the years that Newton played Marlin, I can't remember Tank playing much - He was always hurt. I do remember the #'s 4 and 5, and a little DE (maybe #51). Now those guys were some players. Where are they now?

The QB was a hoss also.

I hate to say it Jasper, but even though we are supposed to support each other, I like the fact that Newton County has the only Football Championships- Burkeville and Newton.

If you want to win it all, move east.

Go Eagles!

One more thing Marlin, what happened to the purple helmets?
I liked the old uni's.

coiled2strike
11-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Burkeville...that's a name i haven't heard in a while...is harper still over there...i played against them in district in the early 90's...always a battle with their size, speed, and the bone...
how have they been in the past few years...still in 1A

TigerShark
11-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Harper is still there. They won a state championship not too long ago and played for another. If we could just give Deweyville to Orange then Newton County would be alright.

sphinx-1906
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey Tiger what's up? I know that #4 & #5 are at the University of Arkansas and one of them has been playing quite a bit ( I believe that he is # 16 for the U of A. As far as #51 Jaminez (I think) he was a hell of a player as well as Marlins noseguard # 54. I don't care what the TANK has in it you can bet that Marlin won't be relying on just one player. I would love to support you Jasper but this one is going to Marlin I am afraid. Oh yeah......what's up cunbed10! Haven't talked to you latley.

Old No. 7
11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by TigerShark
Harper is still there. They won a state championship not too long ago and played for another. If we could just give Deweyville to Orange then Newton County would be alright.

Be carefull how you talk about the big "D". Thems fighten words. :D

downlower
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
Hey Tiger what's up? I know that #4 & #5 are at the University of Arkansas and one of them has been playing quite a bit ( I believe that he is # 16 for the U of A. As far as #51 Jaminez (I think) he was a hell of a player as well as Marlins noseguard # 54. I don't care what the TANK has in it you can bet that Marlin won't be relying on just one player. I would love to support you Jasper but this one is going to Marlin I am afraid. Oh yeah......what's up cunbed10! Haven't talked to you latley.

51 was John Sadler, he played middle linebacker. jaminez played a few different positions and last year when marlin and bellville played he switched jerseys #'s at halftime. the first half he was #1 or #11, can't remember. the second half he was 53 i think.

sphinx-1906
11-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I wasn't sure what # jaminez was but he was a hell of a player.

TigerShark
11-29-2004, 02:47 PM
That's the guy I was talking about. #53 or #11, Jaminez, he was a man, even as a freshman. #4 and #5 were great too.

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
yep...Jasper is a huge underdog here...lucky to even be in this game. 7 turnovers for Liberty or we would have lost...7 turnovers for Cameron or we would have lost...yes very lucky thus far...

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
yep...Jasper is a huge underdog here...lucky to even be in this game. 7 turnovers for Liberty or we would have lost...7 turnovers for Cameron or we would have lost...yes very lucky thus far... sarcasm is King.

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
sarcasm is King.

Nah...the tank is unstoppable. :D

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:09 PM
yeah right.......I'm sure Atlanta thought the same thing last year.

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey Tiger what's up? I know that #4 & #5 are at the University of Arkansas and one of them has been playing quite a bit ( I believe that he is # 16 for the U of A. As far as #51 Jaminez (I think) he was a hell of a player as well as Marlins noseguard # 54. I don't care what the TANK has in it you can bet that Marlin won't be relying on just one player. I would love to support you Jasper but this one is going to Marlin I am afraid. Oh yeah......what's up cunbed10! Haven't talked to you latley. What it do Sphinx-1906 still tippin!

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
yeah right.......I'm sure Atlanta thought the same thing last year.

nah he was hurt they say...

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:24 PM
oh, so thats why they lost 34-0. hmmmm......

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Nah...the tank is unstoppable. :D Sarcasim can bite you in tha butt.

Junkyard
11-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Sarcasim can bite you in tha butt.

Yes it can this will be a close game that could go either way.

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:26 PM
oh, so thats why they lost 34-0. hmmmm...... We won't get into why we lossed, why kirbyville lossed, because those r games of the pass, but Jasper vs Marlin means both teams r still playing, and Kirbyville is not. CUWINICU

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:27 PM
yeah right.......I'm sure Atlanta thought the same thing last year. you beating Jasper 45-20 didn't mean nothing to the Bulldogs on 26NOV04, now did it.

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes it can this will be a close game that could go either way. I agree junkyard I picked 28-24, but this Kirbyville guy, thinks kirbyville is still in, there are some basketball sites around for Port_who_ever

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Nope but losing 34-0 to ATL meant something to them.:D :clap:

southern_thunder
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
I agree junkyard I picked 28-24, but this Kirbyville guy, thinks kirbyville is still in, there are some basketball sites around for Port_who_ever

Hey Leon dont let port-o get to you, he doenst even have a dog in this fight!!!:cool:

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I agree junkyard I picked 28-24, but this Kirbyville guy, thinks kirbyville is still in, there are some basketball sites around for Port_who_ever Hey 1st of all i'm from Port Arthur. b-ball?? hey we play good b-ball down in P.A. ( about 12 state tournament trips---of the 3 combined schools) hey are we on yall schedule by any chance? I would love to see us hang 100+ on yall squad.:D :)

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey 1st of all i'm from Port Arthur. b-ball?? hey we play good b-ball down in P.A. ( about 12 state tournament trips---of the 3 combined schools) hey are we on yall schedule by any chance? I would love to see us hang 100+ on yall squad.:D :) I just added u 2 my buddy, I have family in Port Arthur, and Port Neches, the last names of Jones, and Boudreaux ring any bells, and I would luv for Marlin to play against anytype of competition in any sport.

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
yep...Jasper is a huge underdog here...lucky to even be in this game. 7 turnovers for Liberty or we would have lost...7 turnovers for Cameron or we would have lost...yes very lucky thus far... According to Leon I have the Marlin Bulldogs winning 28-24, that doesn't look like a blow-out 2 me.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:39 PM
I just added u 2 my buddy, I have family in Port Arthur, and Port Neches, the last names of Jones, and Boudreaux ring any bells, and I would luv for Marlin to play against anytype of competition in any sport. yeah Tildon Boudreaux played WR for Memorial last year. I think he's at McNeese. I know TOO many Jones man..LOL!!! U kno thatz a big azz FAM right there..LOL!! them Smith's is pretty big too along with them Jacksons' LOL!!:D

sphinx-1906
11-29-2004, 03:40 PM
CUNBAD10, I'm checkin yall out....and yes I'm still tippin! We play in the dome against a dang good Brookshire-Royal team this Sat.. I will be checkin yall out though.

cunbed10
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
CUNBAD10, I'm checkin yall out....and yes I'm still tippin! We play in the dome against a dang good Brookshire-Royal team this Sat.. I will be checkin yall out though. Ya'll got that one, but Celina and Rogers are still in it. Mart, the team I said resembled Marlin alot, and only 20 miles apart got Knocked, so Newton will have a chance at being a 3A champion, and a 2A champion, good luck, Marlin and Jasper should've played in the Astrodome, I could've went home and kicked it with the family.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Newton better win....as much as they used to beat my alma mater...:mad:

fmsc64
11-29-2004, 03:54 PM
And I thought this was a football discussion!? As for the game this Saturday between the Dwags will be a good one, but my Marlin Dwags are ready and will be wanting another victory as they roll over the Jasper puppies! Oh yes, PA this will not be a round ball game! :kiss:

southern_thunder
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by fmsc64
And I thought this was a football discussion!? As for the game this Saturday between the Dwags will be a good one, but my Marlin Dwags are ready and will be wanting another victory as they roll over the Jasper puppies! Oh yes, PA this will not be a round ball game! :kiss:

What exactly is a Dwag? I saw it in another thread and thought it was a typo but here it is again.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by fmsc64
And I thought this was a football discussion!? As for the game this Saturday between the Dwags will be a good one, but my Marlin Dwags are ready and will be wanting another victory as they roll over the Jasper puppies! Oh yes, PA this will not be a round ball game! :kiss: the score might indicates differently if Moye and Patton go off.;)

fmsc64
11-29-2004, 04:21 PM
A Dwag is a slang word for a real Dog and if you are a Marlin Bulldog you are for REAL. You have to be one to know one and believe me the feeling is real good. GO DWAGS, MARLIN DWAGS YOU ARE FOR REAL!!!!

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
According to Leon I have the Marlin Bulldogs winning 28-24, that doesn't look like a blow-out 2 me.

Leon ain't crazy...my dawgs will be ready for the dwags...no puppies gonna be playing this saturday. Gonna be a Lufkin/Longview type game just scaled down a bit. Could go big either way if the ball is bouncing around...otherwise should be nip and tuck.

Jason1725
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
This type of Tank is military like, there r no draining holes to drain, so prepare to be overtook.

Well if he is a military tank then just consider Jasper A-10 Thunderbolts "Tank Killers"