PDA

View Full Version : UCLA 63 Texas 60

PhiI C
11-28-2004, 11:39 PM
today in NCAA women's basketball. I guess after that game with Tennessee the Lady Horns had a let down. Still it was a great game plus it was on the road which is a factor. Texas gets leads such as 14 over GA and against UCLA had a 17 point lead. We now know that the Lady Horns needs to put the kill on when they get big leads and I am sure they will work on it. Still not a bad record considering the top teams the Lady Horns are playing and this will help when real playoffs come.

Phil C
11-29-2004, 12:11 PM
With the senior leadership and ability that the Lady Longhorns have they have the potential to challenge strongly for the national championship this year. In the first four games they have two weaknesses they need to overcome though. I know they are playing top teams but when you lose two games when you had big leads there is a lack of killer instinct so to speak. When Diana Taurasi and the Cincinatti teams got a 14 or 17 point lead the rout was on. Plus Diana and Cincinatti could win on the road. Both Texas losses have been on the road and Tennessee in Austin was probably flat because of the bus breakdown. And some of the Texas players did not keep up the good play in the second half. Texas has the potential ability and skill to overcome these faults and have a great team and do well in the playoffs. Can they do it - yes in my opinion. Will they do it? I hope so. We will see.

CHSBaseball07
11-29-2004, 06:00 PM
OK ok come on lady horns........yall lose to the # 1 or 2 team...i understand....then yall beat the # 2 team i think it is...then you go and lose to an unranked team..lol....kinda going on a see saw arent we?

texasjeremy
11-29-2004, 06:11 PM
So is Baylor the team to beat in the Big 12 now?

CHSBaseball07
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
No that would still be the Lady Horns...with Baylor coming in behind them

Titans
11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
The Big 12 seems to be rather strong this year is womens thump thump. Baylor and Texas are your favorites...but I tell you now, don't count out the Lady Raiders. They are strong as usual. Don't know how strong, but you can count on them to be in the running.

PhiI C
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Both have good teams and should do well in the playoffs. Oklahoma is good too. And don't forget Texas Tech.