PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR WEEKLY PICK'EM -- Week #15 - Snyder vs. Sweetwater

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2004, 10:20 PM
This Week's Pick 'em... PLAYOFF EDITION

Snyder and Sweetwater... How about some good ol' West Texas football for this week's playoff edition of the poll? Snyder was picked earlier this year in the poll when they beat Abiliene... Can they do it again against Sweetwater? The Mustangs are always exciting in the playoffs... Can they keep up the title run?

Make your picks...

Poll closes on Fridays, (or later depending on the game time).

Last Week's Pick'em...

Last week Cuero continued their playoff run, defeating Sinton. Good job and great season to the Pirates. If the poll could have predicted victory, then you would have won by 54%. Unfortunately, the poll dropped a litte. Still at 55.7% for the year though.

2004 Season Results...

(Click on a Week to be taken to that thread...)

Week 14 - Cuero W vs. Sinton - 36 of 79 - 45.5% Week 14 - 55.7% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23466)
Week 13 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 58 of 75 - 77.3% Week 13 - 56.7% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23026)
Week 12 - Jasper W vs. Diboll - 52 of 72 - 72% Week 12 - 55.9% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22534)
Week 11 - Rice Cons. vs. Bellville W - 16 of 67 - 23.8% Week 11 - 54.2% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22083)
Week 10 - Abiliene Wylie vs. Snyder W - 6 of 52 - 11.5% Week 10 - 57.6% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21584)
Week 9 - Bridgeport vs. Decatur W - 43 of 56 - 76.7% Week 9 - 62% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21164)
Week 8 - Southlake Carroll W vs. Denton Ryan - 52 of 61 - 85.2% week 8 - 60.3% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20641)
Week 7 - Cameron W vs. Caldwell - 27 of 56 - 48.2% week 7 - 56.7% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20217)
Week 6 - Graham vs. Marlin W - 36 of 62 - 58% week 6 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19652)
Week 5 - Cuero W vs. Sinton - 50 of 89 - 56% week 5 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19244)
Week 4 - Liberty Hill W vs. Manor - 34 of 53 - 64.1% week 4 - 58.8% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18803)
Week 3 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 31 of 58 - 53.4% week 3 - 57.1% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18430)
Week 2 - Liberty Hill vs. Burnet W - 32 of 48 - 66.6% week 2 - 59% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18151)
Week 1 - Jasper W vs. WOS - 33 of 62 - 53% week 1 - 53% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17853)

Hupernikomen
11-28-2004, 10:37 PM
doh...I am the only one who has picked Snyder....

Ktulu345
11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Snyder has definately earned my respect now.

Stangster
11-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Go Mustangs!

mustang04
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
Snyder has definately earned my respect now.

snyder is a team that u always have to respect, cuz its when u dont respect them is when they beat ya, same for sweetwater...back to my discussion several weeks ago about how the 2 are so identical....thats what is going to make this game even better, i think this is definitely the game of the week

onfirebball05mustang
11-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Go Mustangs!!! Should be a great game!

jmcgee
11-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Should be a great game.

Rainman
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Sweetwater has a great team this year. It will be a tough one for Sweetwater because it is hard to beat a great team twice in a season. But whoever wins will not be able to win state because the region is so weak. I went to see Sweetwater and Glen Rose this weekend and was upset to see a Glen Rose team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in most of Region III's districts, much less advance to the third round of the playoffs. Any Region III play-off teams would have won any distict handlily with exception of Sweetwater, Syder, Wylie and the district with Decator.
Forgive my rant, I just hate the fact that strong teams are sitting at home across the state while Glen Rose gets slaughtered.
I am also not saying that there isn't a decent team in Region I, because there obviously are very good teams, however there are not as many good teams or as much depth, again with the exclusion of District 4, in that Region as in others.

CHS_Grad '85
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Interesting...

jmcgee
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Sweetwater has a great team this year. It will be a tough one for Sweetwater because it is hard to beat a great team twice in a season. But whoever wins will not be able to win state because the region is so weak. I went to see Sweetwater and Glen Rose this weekend and was upset to see a Glen Rose team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in most of Region III's districts, much less advance to the third round of the playoffs. Any Region III play-off teams would have won any distict handlily with exception of Sweetwater, Syder, Wylie and the district with Decator.
Forgive my rant, I just hate the fact that strong teams are sitting at home across the state while Glen Rose gets slaughtered.
I am also not saying that there isn't a decent team in Region I, because there obviously are very good teams, however there are not as many good teams or as much depth, again with the exclusion of District 4, in that Region as in others.
Its not that the region is so bad its that district 4 is so good. Sweetwater prob. has the most depth in the backfield in the state. ITs hard to stop 4 backs that run under 4.5 all on the same team.

mustang04
11-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Its not that the region is so bad its that district 4 is so good. Sweetwater prob. has the most depth in the backfield in the state. ITs hard to stop 4 backs that run under 4.5 all on the same team.

i will have to agree

mustang04
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM

so ur saying that because we happen to be in the same region as weak teams, that automatically makes us weaker than the other teams of the other regions, u just said that whoever wins wont win state, but u know what, i guaruntee u they can, they might not,but they have the potential

jmcgee
11-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
so ur saying that because we happen to be in the same region as weak teams, that automatically makes us weaker than the other teams of the other regions, u just said that whoever wins wont win state, but u know what, i guaruntee u they can, they might not,but they have the potential
I agree

Stangster
11-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

mustang04
11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

well, whats crazy is that Rainman used to be a Mustang, he moved soph. year though.....whats sad is that he coulda helped ALOT our soph. jr. and senior year

tigers05
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM

So you see us play one game and automatically assume that we arent any good and are a weak team? Everyone has a bad game every now and then, you can't base a team on what you saw in one game.

lobo12
11-29-2004, 10:18 PM
how do you know they were that bad, sweetwater could have been that good. region one is just as tough as any other region

zooleander
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
no...the region is just that weak, I have seen all the teams from 4-3A play this year and I have seen teams from other regions, Sweetwater might be good, but they have a couple of players that i have heard about get cocky....they might have youth but youth also tend to get big headed when they are doing well against the big-dogs, this is Sweetwater's downfall, good coaching staff, but players are going to let it get to their head

i agree with rainman

mustang04
11-30-2004, 12:34 AM
when did u watch sweetwater play, cuz if it was earlier in the season, they have improved alot, and snyder and wylie are awesome as well.....where are you from anyways??

Rainman
11-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Please understand I am not griping about Sweetwater, who and others in the region like them who could play in any region. My complaint is while strong team across the state sat at home last week teams such as Glen Rose were still playing. Every region has there cream and the teams who can only dream, and I have been to games in every region except for II this year and seen some excellent teams. I wish my former team the best of luck and know that I feel Sweetwater deserves its spot along with every team left in the Playoffs. The fact is that Glen Rose isn't a team that could make it in other districts. Yes District 4 is very strong. Go Big Red. There isn't anything like roasting some tigers.

tigersupporter
11-30-2004, 10:27 AM
I dont understand your explanation of why you think Glen Rose is a weak team. Glen Rose went undefeated in district, had 2 losses in preseason, Breckenridge and China Springs. Won playoff games against Little Elm out of District 7, Breckenridge from District 5, so why is it we cant compete with other districts in the state. Im telling you now, Sweetwater is a class act and very deep in speed, skill, and size. Yes we lost that game cause they just outplayed us. Thats all. No excuses. We were 1 of 16 teams still playing after Thanksgiving. I feel we could play and win against many teams thoughout the state. Region 1 is a very strong region. Whoever wins between Sweetwater and Snyder will win state.

tigers05
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I also do not understand why you think region 1 is so weak and how you can tell how good glen rose is by watching them one time. We were not a weak team. We didnt play well against a great team, Sweetwater, and in turn we were beat soundly. Now Sweetwater is dang good, they're tough and they're fast. Not many teams in this state have team speed like sweetwater. Thomspon, Carillo, Copeland, Banyard, and Greene are all breakaway threats to score anytime they touch the ball. Sweetwater is by not means a good team, they're a great team, and I wouldnt be surprised if I saw them and Jasper in the DII state championship.

jmcgee
12-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by tigers05
I also do not understand why you think region 1 is so weak and how you can tell how good glen rose is by watching them one time. We were not a weak team. We didnt play well against a great team, Sweetwater, and in turn we were beat soundly. Now Sweetwater is dang good, they're tough and they're fast. Not many teams in this state have team speed like sweetwater. Thomspon, Carillo, Copeland, Banyard, and Greene are all breakaway threats to score anytime they touch the ball. Sweetwater is by not means a good team, they're a great team, and I wouldnt be surprised if I saw them and Jasper in the DII state championship.
Thanks for the compliments. you and the other guy from Glen Rose and Good luck next year.

mustang04
12-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by tigers05

yeah...theres a long list of running threats...another speedster is Eric Brown...he is perhaps the fastest kid on that team

swatersenior
12-04-2004, 11:54 AM

Hmm where ya from i would have loved to see yall play us or snyder this season it woulda been nice to beat one of those almighty region 3 teams

lobo dad
12-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah...theres a long list of running threats...another speedster is Eric Brown...he is perhaps the fastest kid on that team

Is Eric Brown #19? If so, he is fast, but that #86 from Snyder got behind him at will. The scary thing about Sweetwater, is all that speed is in the 10th grade.

Hupernikomen
12-05-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
doh...I am the only one who has picked Snyder....

hmmm looks like a few of us guessed this one right :D

JasperDog94
12-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Well, this one is killing our average.:( ;) ;)