PDA

View Full Version : Regional Championships

BigChamp05
05-21-2003, 07:15 AM
What are ya'lls picks for the next round in each region?

VWG
05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I like Lake Dallas in Region I. The Lake Dallas/Canyon series will be a good one.
I think Forney in Region II will get to state. They are a strong team and it doesn't look like anyone can score on them in the playoffs.
Lorena is my pick for state champion, though. Lorena has been number one all year and seems to have a team that is head and shoulders above the rest of class 3A.

PPHSfan
05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
I am looking for Forney and Sinton in the final game, in a great pitching duel that ends 1-0 in 18 innings. :p

Bandera YaYa
05-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I gotta go with my 'Dogs!! They seem really ready to go all the way....and who knows? They are pitching extremely well and their hitting is over the top!! Looking forward to a good game with Falfurrias, but think we can win by 3. We are just on a roll and I don't think it's stopping yet!! GO DOGS!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :cool: :cool:

c-town
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Lake Dallas, Carthage, Lorena, Sinton

sinton66
05-21-2003, 07:05 PM
I too look for Forney and Sinton in the final again. Final four should be Forney, Sinton, Abilene Wylie, and (surprize!) Barber's Hill.

Fanmailer
05-21-2003, 09:48 PM
I dont know much about the other teams around but I'm looking forward to the Barbers Hill vs Lorena game. BH has a lot of payback on mind and are a well developed team. I have seen BH and the way they play as a single unit. I also know they are not ready to go home.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES.....Roll On We are behind you

<small>[ May 21, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Fanmailer ]</small>

Wtx_coach
05-21-2003, 11:03 PM
I pick SINTON out right, no one can beat Alaniz in a head to head match up, and since im in region 1 i will pick Canyon in region 1, oh yea fellas i know wylie is usally good but there are not good as they usally are, i dont see them getting by Monahans!!!

big daddy russ
05-22-2003, 02:59 AM
I got Lake Dallas, Lorena, Sinton and Forney in the final four with Sinton (26-4) moving past Forney (25-3) and Lorena (25-0) getting by Lake Dallas (22-6) in the semis. Really, I can't see Sinton losing, but if they did it would have to be to Lorena in the Title Game. But as of now, I'd have to pick Sinton as my favorite for the title, although they still have an extremely tough road ahead.

PPHSfan
05-22-2003, 09:03 AM
big daddy russ:
I got Lake Dallas, Lorena, Sinton and Forney in the final four with Sinton (26-4) moving past Forney (25-3) and Lorena (25-0) getting by Lake Dallas (22-6) in the semis. Really, I can't see Sinton losing, but if they did it would have to be to Lorena in the Title Game. But as of now, I'd have to pick Sinton as my favorite for the title, although they still have an extremely tough road ahead.Are the semis going to be region I vs region III, and region II vs region IV?

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Juat wanted to say "Good Luck" to the all the teams still in the playoffs! And to my Dogs...I'm proud of the way you have taken care of business...GO GET 'EM BANDERA!! GRRRRRRR!! :D

Phil C
05-22-2003, 09:49 AM
PPHS I don't know how they pick in the semis but I don't think it is just one region against another one. It may be the top ranked team plays the least ranked team and the other two play each other but I am not sure. Maybe someone knows for sure. I was wondering if anyone knows why Bandera and Falfurrias are just playing a one game series since most of the teams seem to be playing two out of three.

agrabfan
05-22-2003, 09:50 AM
PPHSfan:

big daddy russ:
I got Lake Dallas, Lorena, Sinton and Forney in the final four with Sinton (26-4) moving past Forney (25-3) and Lorena (25-0) getting by Lake Dallas (22-6) in the semis. Really, I can't see Sinton losing, but if they did it would have to be to Lorena in the Title Game. But as of now, I'd have to pick Sinton as my favorite for the title, although they still have an extremely tough road ahead.Are the semis going to be region I vs region III, and region II vs region IV?

agrabfan
05-22-2003, 10:27 AM
To PPHSfan

The way they determine the pairings for the state
tournament is to seed the top two teams based
solely on the winning percentages of the final
four teams. Then they draw the remaining two teams
out of a hat ( literally ). This information
was given to me by someone who I know is as expert
on high school athletics.

Personally, I don't see why they don't do it like
they do football, whereas it is automatic that
Regions I and II meet in the semis and the winner
plays the winner of Regions III and IV for the
state championship.

PPHSfan
05-22-2003, 10:36 AM
I think it would be better to change football and seed the top two regions as well. But what do I know? LOL

pirate4state
05-22-2003, 01:45 PM
It is based on team records. Best team record (at this point, Lorena) would play team with worst record (at this point, Gonzales) & the 2 remaining teams would play each other.

<small>[ May 22, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Bulldogs35YaYa
05-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Just had to throw in my 2cents worth.... I think Bandera is once again being underestimated and people need to take another look at the BULLDOGS!!
But thats ok, we work best as underdogs! Go Bandera all the way guys!!
We love yall.....YA YA

sinton66
05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
I think it is on rankings. #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3. At least, that's how it went last year.
Sinton went in #1, Lorena #2, Forney #3 (or maybe these two were reversed) ,and Abilene Wiley #4. Sinton should get Forney in the final, only if BH beats Lorena. If Lorena goes to the final four, it will be as #1 and they will have to play #4 which will probably be the R1 rep since none are in the top 5. In that case, Sinton and Forney would play in the semi-final. The reason they do it differently than in football is because the last two games are in Austin in baseball. Football semi's and finals can be played anywhere they want. And they set them that way because of the distances that would have to be travelled.

<small>[ May 22, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

JRabbit_Fan
05-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Just like agrabfan says. The top two are seeded according to their winning percentage and then the other two are literally thrown into a cap.The first one drawn get's the number 1 seed and the second get's number 2. At least that's the way it has been the last four years that Forney has gone. Last year Lorena was seeded first and Sinton second. Forney drew Lorena and Abilene Wylie drew Sinton.

sinton66
05-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Ok, I thought they said it was on rankings last year. Maybe not. Good info though, thanks. Pirate 4State, how do you know so much?

big daddy russ
05-22-2003, 06:45 PM
I was always told #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3, but now that I hear this from agrabfan and J_Rabbit, that might actually be the way it's played. And I'm pretty sure Sinton was actually like the number three or four team last year. This, of course, is based solely on winning percentages.

sinton66
05-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Well, I was pretty sure someone told me that last year. I'm naive enough to believe almost anything! :D :D :D
So, I guess #1 is the one that gets to draw and the other two are stuck with each other?

<small>[ May 22, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

JRabbit_Fan
05-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Here's the breakdown last year.

Lorena 31-1 .969
Sinton 32-5 .864
Ab.Wylie 31-6 .838
Forney 26-6 .813

pirate4state
05-22-2003, 08:47 PM
sinton66:
Ok, I thought they said it was on rankings last year. Maybe not. Good info though, thanks. Pirate 4State, how do you know so much?Check your privates wink

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-22-2003, 08:48 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT EVERYONE IS FORGETING WHO
SHOULD BE THE TOPIC HERE. BANDERA BULLDOGS!!
GO MIGHTY DOGS, ALL THE WAY. ONLY BANDERA
SUPPORTERS BRING THE SUBJECT UP. IS EVERYONE
AFRAID WE MIGHT TAKE STATE JUST LIKE IN FOOTBALL!!
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS:

BULLDOGS BULLDOGS YA YA YA!!
BULLDOGS BULLDOGS YA YA YA!!!

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID, BECAUSE WERE BACK!!! :p :D

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-22-2003, 09:12 PM
TO ANSWER BIGCHAMP05 QUESTION ABOUT THE TOP PICKS!
THESE ARE MY TOP FOUR PICKS, YOU MAY PASS THE
WORD ON!!

BANDERA
SINTON
FORNEY
LORENA

:mad: :mad: :mad: :D :D :D

sinton66
05-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Those are some good picks, unfortunately, the first two are in the same region. wink

sinton66
05-22-2003, 09:25 PM
pirate4state:

sinton66:
Ok, I thought they said it was on rankings last year. Maybe not. Good info though, thanks. Pirate 4State, how do you know so much?Check your privates wink Back at ya!

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-22-2003, 10:04 PM
HEY GIVE A GIRL A BREAK. THOSE ARE WHO I PICK TO
WIN THIS WEEK. I HAVE NOT GIVEN THE WHOLE PICTURE A THOUGHT YET!!

MY FIRST PRIORITY IS WITH THE BANDERA BULLDOGS!!
WITH EXCELLENT PITCHING AND HITTING, AND A GREAT
DEFENSE HOW CAN WE LOSE. GO DOGS! GO DOGS!

OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!

WHEN WE WIN STATE IN BASEBALL, THEN I WILL GIVE
YOU MY PREDICTIONS FOR FOOTBALL!!

:) :) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Ya Ya Ya! You tell them how it is....our Dogs are playing so gooooood right now! Watch out for that Sinton guy..he's looking for a good fight!!
LOL!! :D

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-22-2003, 10:32 PM
HEY THERE FELLOW YA YA. I'M READY FOR A DOG FIGHT
HA HA HA

YOU'VE GOTTA LOVE THEM DOGS
BULLDOGS BULLDOGS YA YA YA
YOU GO DOGS :D :D :D

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-22-2003, 10:38 PM
DOES ANYONE STAY UP PAST 10 O'CLOCK!! I KNOW
BULLDOG35 YA GOES TO BED EARLY. :) :)

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Yes, YaYa35 is in bed already..... wink wink

sinton66
05-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Ya Ya Ya! You tell them how it is....our Dogs are playing so gooooood right now! Watch out for that Sinton guy..he's looking for a good fight!!
LOL!! :D ME ? Fight? Nah, not me. I'm looking for laughs! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
05-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Right........

Bandera YaYa
05-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Good Luck BigChamp05!! The YaYa's will be there in full force to cheer you on to victory!! You can do it....pitch your game and show them what you can do!! Still making plans for ERECTING that statue .......... :D :D

Bandera YaYa
05-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Hey, Sinton...I just gave you a star and read your profile...homemade wine??? That explains your frequent mood swings!!! LOL!! Good Luck tonight.....say a prayer to the wine gods, for us, will you?? YA YA !! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! wink