PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Wins!!! 45-21

Buckeyeman
11-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Gilmer defeated Dallas Madison 45-21.

Big quarter final game against Tatum next week at SFA in Nacogdoches from what I hear

The_Saint
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Any possibility of a Saturday double-header with Jasper/Marlin?? What a day of football that would be...never mind the preview of a state championship match-up!!

dogdad
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
congrats to Gilmer
you guys are having a dream season
keep on rolling

congrats to Madison on an excellent season
you guys got under-rated by a lot of folks this year

Buckeye80
11-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dogdad

congrats to Madison on an excellent season
you guys got under-rated by a lot of folks this year

You got that right! Madison has got one scrappy team. Being down doesn't seem to really bother them unlike some other teams we have played this year. They never gave up, which earns them a great deal of respect from me.
You really couldn't have asked for a much better game from the Buckeyes. The offense was clicking against a very good Madison defense that hadn't given up more than 21 points all season (that says a lot about the Buckeye offense). The defense was laying hats on people all night. I think giving up 21 points to that QB and receiving corps is not a bad accomplishment at all.

As for the choice of next week's location, I have absolutely no clue what sense it makes to play in Nacogdoches. :doh: Longview is almost exactly halfway between Gilmer and Tatum!:confused:
Anyway, this is the matchup that every 3A fan in NE Texas has been eyeing this season. 13-0 vs. 12-1, Manuel Johnson vs. Stephen Hodge, the Buckeye "D" vs. the Eagle "O". You've wanted it all season Eagles. Now you get your shot at revenge.

2003 Reg. II Semi's
Gilmer 35
Tatum 27