PDA

View Full Version : Hey 44inarow.....

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to let you know I strategically planned my return from Austin today in order to eat lunch at Don Bravo's! It was wonderful and I was SO glad my son drove the rest of the way to Aransas Pass! I was stuffed and sleepy after all that food!

Congratulations on your win last night and I am sorry I missed meeting you. You know what is so funny....as we were driving through Cuero my son said "mom, this looks just like Sinton" and it really does! Two very proud communities with some excellent athletes. I would ask you what you feed those boys....but after today I know!

Congrats again and good luck next week!:D

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Just wanted to let you know I strategically planned my return from Austin today in order to eat lunch at Don Bravo's! It was wonderful and I was SO glad my son drove the rest of the way to Aransas Pass! I was stuffed and sleepy after all that food!

Congratulations on your win last night and I am sorry I missed meeting you. You know what is so funny....as we were driving through Cuero my son said "mom, this looks just like Sinton" and it really does! Two very proud communities with some excellent athletes. I would ask you what you feed those boys....but after today I know!

Congrats again and good luck next week!:D

thanks AP PantherFan...... I am sure we'll get a chance to meet up at another game.. I'll be going for many years to come and I have a feeling you will be too :)........... the Quesadilla's are wonderful at Don Bravo!!!! Both communities have plenty to be proud of :clap: Let me know next time you come through town.

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Let me know next time you come through town.

I just might do that! There are alot of antique stores calling my name in Cuero!:D

My husband used to be on a lease between Cuero and Yorktown and I used to skip into town when I could....but that has been many years ago. It was the Smith Ranch...not sure if you are familiar...but it was a designated Texas Landmark...a really neat place! I certainly know how Cuero got the team name Gobblers....lots of turkeys!

I would love to find some land in your area. Maybe between Cuero and Gonzales...it is beautiful and not too far for a weekend get away. We did see some of the flood damage today, closer to Gonzales. High water had taken a bunch of fences down along the highway.....One of the hazards of living in God's Country, right? :D :D :D

Old Green
11-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I just might do that! There are alot of antique stores calling my name in Cuero!:D

My husband used to be on a lease between Cuero and Yorktown and I used to skip into town when I could....but that has been many years ago. It was the Smith Ranch...not sure if you are familiar...but it was a designated Texas Landmark...a really neat place! I certainly know how Cuero got the team name Gobblers....lots of turkeys!

I would love to find some land in your area. Maybe between Cuero and Gonzales...it is beautiful and not too far for a weekend get away. We did see some of the flood damage today, closer to Gonzales. High water had taken a bunch of fences down along the highway.....One of the hazards of living in God's Country, right? :D :D :D One of my co-workers recently retired from our Porland office. Her and her husband bought land (17 acres) and are moving here from Ingleside.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 10:07 PM

I would love to find some land in your area. Maybe between Cuero and Gonzales...it is beautiful and not too far for a weekend get away. We did see some of the flood damage today, closer to Gonzales. High water had taken a bunch of fences down along the highway.....One of the hazards of living in God's Country, right? :D :D :D
I know exactly where you're talking about. My dad leases between cuero and yorktown as well. Ya, we got lots of turkeys 'round here!

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I know exactly where you're talking about. My dad leases between cuero and yorktown as well. Ya, we got lots of turkeys 'round here!

It had a really neat old two story house with actual hitching posts out front. Snooped around in the attic (probably shouldn't say that) and found a bunch of old books, papers etc....

It has the landmark sign on the front of the house. It would really be neat if it was restored.:)

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
One of my co-workers recently retired from our Porland office. Her and her husband bought land (17 acres) and are moving here from Ingleside.

Must be nice....we try to get away from the coast and the rest of ya'll try to make your way here!:D

Old Green
11-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Must be nice....we try to get away from the coast and the rest of ya'll try to make your way here!:D So true.:clap: :D

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 10:42 PM

My office is downtown, amongst the Antique stores.......... just give me a holler :)

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Both cities also are prone to flooding after a big rain so there are simularities. Of course Sinton no longer has a Wal-Mart.

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Both cities also are prone to flooding after a big rain so there are simularities. Of course Sinton no longer has a Wal-Mart.

no Walmart? Wow, when did that happen? We only have 1 grocery story - I wish our Walmart would turn into a Supercenter and sell groceries...

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 11:21 PM
no Walmart? Wow, when did that happen? We only have 1 grocery story - I wish our Walmart would turn into a Supercenter and sell groceries...

44 Our Wal-Mart closed in 1993 (I think) after being open 11 years. It is an ALCO now.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2004, 12:33 AM
the Quesadilla's are wonderful at Don Bravo!!!!

I had a #1 there today, not feelin' too good right now

footballgal
11-28-2004, 01:29 AM
:eek: Call me silly, but I just found right now that AP Panther Fan is a woman, I guess with all your football knowledge I thought your were a male! But, it's very cool to know your a woman- yes girls rule!:D