PDA

View Full Version : #3 Marlin upset tonight!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2003, 01:04 AM
TV station reporting Marlin losing tonight?

Blackcat03
09-06-2003, 01:16 AM
Yes, they lost. But I wouldn't consider it an upset, they played Waco High I beleive, a 4A school.

Old Dog
09-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Isn't this the same Waco team that dealt Burnet such misery in a preseason scrimage? Sure points toward a great game between Burnet and Marlin in 3 weeks!

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

marlin fan
09-06-2003, 01:43 AM
yeah marlin we played waco University 4A we had them untill the 4th Q

Bellville22
09-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Yea, I don't see this as an upset, nor do i think Marlin should move down in the polls.

And yes, it's 4:00 a.m.

kaorder1999
09-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Waco University is ranked 48 by collier sharp in Class 4A....Marlin should move down in the polls.

the tigers are back
09-06-2003, 08:45 AM
I agree on that Marlin should be moved down on the ranking list, but that goes to show ya that ranks don't have any meanings. I knew it was coming down to this sooner or later: because when the polls stick you up high and you don't hold up to the that position mmmmmmm. We'll this games is over so let's bounce back Marlin. The same thing happen to Newton when they was knocked out of the play-offs last year nobody didn't think they would lose."EVEN THE BEST LOSE" SO KEEP THE HEAD UP. :D

bulldawg89
09-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Actually in the Burnet-Waco Univ. scrimmage, they only beat us by one TD, and it was against our 2nd team defense. It ended being 5 to 4.

Brahma73
09-06-2003, 06:55 PM
the tigers are back:
I agree on that Marlin should be moved down on the ranking list, but that goes to show ya that ranks don't have any meanings. If the polls don't mean anything (which I totally agree with), then why move Marlin down?
OH MY GOD! eek! Did I just agree with TTAB?!?!?!?!

Keith7
09-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Collier-Sharp had Marlin picked to win by 13.. so i would consider it an upset

i guess u can say that the M-Square was more like a M-Triangle

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Jacket2000
09-06-2003, 08:43 PM
LOL, Keith, that may be the funniest thing Ive ever seen you write on here.
J2K

espn1
09-06-2003, 10:37 PM
There's no way University should be ranked 48. I predict that to change through out the course of the season.

FranksBullDog
09-07-2003, 07:53 AM
I along with most other fans was expecting #4 to start at QB and for #2 to play running back but #2 spent almost the entire night on the sideline with ice packed on a leg and a soph. #7 started at QB.Both players are expected to be major contributors but both have been injured for the past few weeks.On a 3A level you can not have two of three of your biggest weapons on offense sitting on the bench and expect to win the game against a quality opponent such as University.That being said #7 did a good job for his first start but will have to make better decisions in the spread offense for Marlin to win down the road.Marlin just needs to get healthy to be the team every one expects them to be.

cunbed10
09-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Keith7:
Collier-Sharp had Marlin picked to win by 13.. so i would consider it an upset

i guess u can say that the M-Square was more like a M-TriangleSounds like a hater, but we take the good with the bad, and from what I witnessed 3A schools will be surprised when they meet Marlin so Kieth 6 or 5 put on a happy smile when Marlin plays 3A shcools, by the way I was hoping to loose early so that the Bulldogs would drop, I hope they dropped to #40 and there would be no distractions.

<small>[ September 08, 2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

cunbed10
09-08-2003, 07:19 AM
espn1:
There's no way University should be ranked 48. I predict that to change through out the course of the season.Now there is someone that knows football, ulike Jacket1999 and Kieth 8, University has a running back that will break Ladanian Tomlinson's record at University this year, and let me tell you, we probably won't face another running back this year with that type of speed.

cunbed10
09-08-2003, 09:11 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
TV station reporting Marlin losing tonight?Yeah this seems to thrill you, but this doesn't change any thing as far as 3A is concern. We lost no excuses no 4A excuse or Injury Excuse we lost, but "Whatca ya gon do when we come fo you?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey cumbed, there is no one on our side, worried about playing yall at this point, we try to take it game by game, you dont see us posting things like, "Whatca ya gon do when we come fo you" or "We havent forgot about you Bellville" That was last year, we beat yall, so get over it! This is a new year and if Bellville and Marlin meet up again, Bellville will be ready again! You make it sound like everybody sould be concerned about playing Marlin. Maybe you sould take it game by game, and not worrie about who you might play in December, if you get that far!!!

cunbed10
09-08-2003, 12:52 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey cumbed, there is no one on our side, worried about playing yall at this point, we try to take it game by game, you dont see us posting things like, "Whatca ya gon do when we come fo you" or "We havent forgot about you Bellville" That was last year, we beat yall, so get over it! This is a new year and if Bellville and Marlin meet up again, Bellville will be ready again! You make it sound like everybody sould be concerned about playing Marlin. Maybe you sould take it game by game, and not worrie about who you might play in December, if you get that far!!!Let me see! I saw on the TV where Marlin Lost, didn't you start this, and Kieth1 yeah! M-triangle all of these comments were started by you all, come on we know that you are worried in week two, if you weren't, you wouldn't be watching the news and posting that Marlin lost ,you worry, and it thrills you to know that Marlin lost, well here is a news flash, we may loose again before it's all said and done, but we will win when we have too. Remember your post started this and we will meet again, since Bellville couldn't finished the job last year, we will, and I hope you keep watching the news, becasue we will be the news, so you are worried about us and we know it. hollar back if you can, win or loose Marlin still stands strong, we've handle adversity before, hope you handle yours. Peace out

cunbed10
09-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Jacket2000:
LOL, Keith, that may be the funniest thing Ive ever seen you write on here.
J2KNo! the funniest thing I've ever seen was Oct 4 2002 Marlin 20 Ennis 12. Haterism is starting to show on your part.

Keith7
09-08-2003, 03:41 PM
congrats on an accomplishment a year ago!!!!!!!!! wow i take back my comments from the other day.. yall werent upset at all.. Marlin must be the best team in state... way to beat ennis last year

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Congrats to Marlin on beating Ennis last year!!!!
Last year is history, now get over it!!!!!!!!!!