PDA

View Full Version : Let the Tortillas Fly!

espn1
12-02-2003, 09:28 AM
It's harmless fun. Please everyone wear safety goggles. Because the tortillas will be a flying. This is a new tradition starting in Burnet and I hope it is hear to stay. It's a lot of fun. The Superintendant runs the school, not the fans. If needed pay a tortilla fee and be happy that we have so many fans. Everyone buy a couple of bags. Besides there's no reason to throw them if we'r not scoring. Here is the type to buy.
http://www.leosfoods.com/products/pics/corn2.jpg

dean-r-duke
12-02-2003, 10:08 AM
WHY DID YALL STEAL THE IDEA FROM TEXAS TECH???? ANYWAYS WHY THROW TORTILLAS?? HOW BOUT BLOW AN AIR HORN OR HAVE SHAKERS... :D

espn1
12-02-2003, 10:11 AM
We use all of them. All schools use borrowed Ideas. I'm sure you didn't invent the air horn.

dean-r-duke
12-02-2003, 10:14 AM
BUT THROW TORTILLAS, YOUR NOT EMBARRASSED BY THAT, I WOULD, IT NOT A FIESTA

Frank_Bama
12-02-2003, 10:18 AM
espn1:
The Superintendant runs the school, not the fans.
This is the kind of disrespect towards your school and its administrators I never thought i would see coming from Burnet.

dawgmeister
12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
I guess it would be ok with ESPN if we have to raise the cost of his ticket a dollar or two to cover the fee the district is gonna' be charged to clean up after his tortilla tossin' frenzy! (I'm sure he'll stick around after the game to help clean-up after himself!) I saw coaches band directors and teachers cleaning up after the game in Corpus. Where were all you tortilla tossin nuts?
Maybe it's ok with ESPN if Burnet is penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after a tortilla flies onto the field (not that anyone would try to do that...). Grow-up, and just yell and holler like the rest of us! Save your tortillas for the fajitas after the game! :cool:

PAINTBALL
12-02-2003, 12:19 PM
They haven't said anything about airhorns, so I'll bring then again this week. Maybe they won't put security guards in front of us trying to find airhorns. If was funny. He would turn his back and a horn would go off. I think he did catch 1 person and took away his horn. I don't think he threw him out of the game.

Think noise not tortillas.

GO BURNET BULLDOGS. :D :D :D

spiveyrat
12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
I doubt Jasper fans will have any tortillas on hand. But I imagine they will have some cow bells! :D

dawg03
12-02-2003, 12:33 PM
dawgmeister:
I guess it would be ok with ESPN if we have to raise the cost of his ticket a dollar or two to cover the fee the district is gonna' be charged to clean up after his tortilla tossin' frenzy! (I'm sure he'll stick around after the game to help clean-up after himself!) I saw coaches band directors and teachers cleaning up after the game in Corpus. Where were all you tortilla tossin nuts?
Maybe it's ok with ESPN if Burnet is penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after a tortilla flies onto the field (not that anyone would try to do that...). Grow-up, and just yell and holler like the rest of us! Save your tortillas for the fajitas after the game! :cool: I agree with dawgmeister, the whole tortilla thing, if Mr. Hanks says to stop, you might want to stop. I graduated last year and Mr. Hanks(the superintendent now) was my principal for three years. He wants you to quit, so just yell!

bulldogman
12-02-2003, 12:40 PM
The last thing we need to be teaching our young people is that it is okay to rebell against authority. Just cheer your team on in a sportsman like manner and remember our children are watching us.

dawg03
12-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Nicely Said!

JCM
12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
The Aggies got confused and are going to throw tortilla soup.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Come on ESPN1,
How are you gonna feel if we get penalized for the tortillas and don't score. Are you gonna holler at the refs? If Mr Hanks asked for the tortillas to be left at home, please lets cooperate and comply. If one of your family loses an eye are you gonna hire Paintball to get you money? I guess you would have to say the admin. didn't do enough to stop the tortillas. You know
how much I think of you! Please urge NO TORTILLAS.
They really do hurt, I got one UNDER the glasses, no fun Sir!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

RiverRatDad
12-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I thought airhorns were banned by the UIL. Is it OK to break just some of the rules? Bulldogman is right...lead by example.

PAINTBALL
12-02-2003, 03:07 PM
RiverRatDad:
I thought airhorns were banned by the UIL. Is it OK to break just some of the rules? Bulldogman is right...lead by example.Since when.

DawgMaw02
12-02-2003, 03:29 PM
dawgmeister:
Maybe it's ok with ESPN if Burnet is penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after a tortilla flies onto the field (not that anyone would try to do that...). Grow-up, and just yell and holler like the rest of us! Save your tortillas for the fajitas after the game! :cool: I have missed nearly every out of town game this year because I didn't have the extra money to travel. Not all of us have the money to be able to pay extra for a ticket because some so obviously don't care about the rules. Like the Primetime live show last night, when Coach Shipley suspended those kids for not following the rules, it wasn't the popular thing to do, but it was the RIGHT thing to do. Let's all do the right thing and have enough respect for our team and our town to do the right thing and leave the tortillas at home.

espn1
12-02-2003, 07:54 PM
dawgmeister:
Maybe it's ok with ESPN if Burnet is penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after a tortilla flies onto the field (not that anyone would try to do that...). Grow-up, and just yell and holler like the rest of us! Save your tortillas for the fajitas after the game! :cool: That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. The tortilla cleanup is just an excuse. Come on people use your brains. If each person brought in 20lbs. of green and white confetti it would be ok, but not tortillas. The paper cleanup would be ok and there would be no charge. Give me a break. I don't think I need Mr. Hanks or Mr. Spin to tell me what is right or wrong. I was a Bulldog many years before they arrived, and I'll be one many years after they are gone. Man if anybody actually new that I threw a tortilla, I just don't think I could live with myself. The fact is, is that I didn't throw any tortillas, I‘m just defending the people that did. There's nothing wrong with good clean fun (no pun intended). You people are acting like sheep. Just because Mr. Hanks said it it's Gospel. Well I disagree!

slpybear the bullfan
12-02-2003, 07:59 PM
espn1, I'll bet everyone from Burnet is proud to have you as the Great Tortilla Rebellion Leader.

And you know... I am sure several tens of thousands of tortillas in the bleachers probably isn't a big deal... but all those tortillas down on the sideline area and field WILL cost extra money to clean up...

But what the heck... ANARCHY! YOU GO ESPN1!!! :D :D :D

espn1
12-02-2003, 08:10 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
espn1, I'll bet everyone from Burnet is proud to have you as the Great Tortilla Rebellion Leader.

And you know... I am sure several tens of thousands of tortillas in the bleachers probably isn't a big deal... but all those tortillas down on the sideline area and field WILL cost extra money to clean up...

But what the heck... ANARCHY! YOU GO ESPN1!!! :D :D :D Hey it's only a problem when you score. If we don't score there's no tortillas tossed. So the fate of the tortillas is in Jaspers Hands. Don't knock it if you haven't experienced it. Burnet Fans! Do an experiment. Then respond back to me truthfully. Ask a player that you know personally, if the tortillas pumped up the team. Let me know what answer you get. I know because I've already gotten the feed back.

GOFOR2
12-02-2003, 09:40 PM
RiverRatDad:
I thought airhorns were banned by the UIL. Is it OK to break just some of the rules? Bulldogman is right...lead by example.Airhorns are banned by the UIL.

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
oh and it's not hard to clean up air horn?

Bandera YaYa
12-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Oh, it's not OK to do what the Sup says, but it is OK to do what you say.....talk about being a sheep...... :rolleyes:

PAINTBALL
12-02-2003, 09:53 PM
GOFOR2:

RiverRatDad:
I thought airhorns were banned by the UIL. Is it OK to break just some of the rules? Bulldogman is right...lead by example.Airhorns are banned by the UIL.I have had to on a regular basis research UIL rules. I have never seen a UIL rule on noise makers. Each individual district or stadium sets their own rules. Find me a rule and show it to me or don't claim you know something you don't.

espn1
12-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Oh, it's not OK to do what the Sup says, but it is OK to do what you say.....talk about being a sheep...... :rolleyes: ???????????????

jcwa88
12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
you-guys-are-worried-about-the-wrong-thing.better-start-worrying-about-jasper.i-feel-an-upset. eek!

jasper-28
burnet-14

Dawgystyle
12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
I haven't heard of a UIL rule on airhorns but it has been a rumor for a couple of year that they are outlawed. I doubt it. I will say that at the Burnet/Sinton game at BUC stadium that there ushers cockroached about 7 under 13y/o students sitting two rows in front of me and told them not to blow their air horns.
Come to think of it though, I haven't heard of a UIL ban on tortilla throwing either. Maybe thats next. Maybe we can change their names to Freedom Flats and throw them anyway.

espn1
12-02-2003, 11:45 PM
jcwa88:
you-guys-are-worried-about-the-wrong-thing.better-start-worrying-about-jasper.i-feel-an-upset. eek!

jasper-28
burnet-14No what you feel is an upset stomach. Let the air out and maybe you can think more clearly.
Burnet 42
Jasper 14
Would you like a corn or flour tortilla?

dean-r-duke
12-03-2003, 10:20 AM
I TELL YOU WHAT, :rolleyes: IF YOUR KIDS GET FIRED UP SEEING TORTILLAS THROWN, WELL DOWN HERE IN SOUTH EAST TEXAS WERE GOING TO THROW SOME RICE OR SOMETHING.. MAYBE THATS WHY WE LOST TO LA GRANGE!!!HAHAHAHA

Frank_Bama
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
espn1:

jcwa88:

jasper-28
burnet-14No what you feel is an upset stomach. Let the air out and maybe you can think more clearly.
Burnet 42
Jasper 14
Would you like a corn or flour tortilla?Wonder how crow taste on tortillas? :D

espn1
12-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Frank_Bama:

espn1:

jcwa88:

jasper-28
Burnet 42
Jasper 14
Would you like a corn or flour tortilla?Wonder how crow taste on tortillas? :D I don't know. I will find out from you Saturday after the game. I hear they make some East Texas salsa that goes just great on cuervo.

espn1
12-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Hopefully this link will help you out. How to prepare Crow! (http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm)

Frank_Bama
12-03-2003, 11:26 AM
espn1:
Hopefully this link will help you out. How to prepare Crow! (http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm)Hmmm seems like yall have been getting prepared for crow.

But I dont remember any Jasper fans making any bold statements about the outcome of this game all of these statements are coming from Burnet.

spiveyrat
12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
dean-r-duke:
I TELL YOU WHAT, :rolleyes: IF YOUR KIDS GET FIRED UP SEEING TORTILLAS THROWN, WELL DOWN HERE IN SOUTH EAST TEXAS WERE GOING TO THROW SOME RICE OR SOMETHING.. MAYBE THATS WHY WE LOST TO LA GRANGE!!!HAHAHAHAMaybe Jasper fans should bring pinecones to throw!? :D