PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts From Iowa Park And Snyder

D-GOOD
11-27-2004, 01:37 PM
I thought Iowa Park showed a lot of heart and class. The QB was an outstanding athlete with a heck of an arm. I think our offense was to much for the defense but the did hold them under my prediction of 48 points. I think Snyders defense was clearly the best D out there last night. The score could have been worse with 1 tc getting called back that we did not end up scoring on and at the end of the game Snyder coaches showed sportsmanship with running the game clock out instead of scoring. I think the best team won last night but my hats off to the Iowa Park players and fans.

Macarthur
11-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I made a post earlier in the week that the team that would beat IP would be a team that can get a lead and use the clock. Snyder did exactly that. IP had some opportunities to get it close, but just couldn't get it done. When you get to this level, all the teams are good and capable of beating each other. It all comes down to who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes. Snyder certainly executed better than the Hawks.

D-GOOD
11-27-2004, 02:37 PM
I think for the most part macarthur that the points that you and I both made during the week about the game were correct.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2004, 02:54 PM
You guys both nailed it. Although both teams fumbled several times, they still looked good. Snyder used good execution as they pounded the ball. Used the clock up when they had the ball and they scored. IP although they had a good night passing the ball, Snyder's defense held when it had to. The game was sealed in my opinion when IP took the 2nd half kickoff marched all the way down the field, used up a lot of time and then failed to cash in points. Reminded me of the Vernon / Graham game. All that work for no points and less time. That hurts a team when your down. Second guessing now IP should have went for the 3 points before half. Of course in hind sight, it wouldn't have made a difference.

I really like to watch a team that can run the ball. Snyder did a great job of mixing it up. Both backs had over 100 yards and the QB also had several good runs of his own. I can't recall who said this but they nailed it, Snyder doens't have really great receivers or a passing game, but they have enough to keep a defense honest. I thought that was so true. When IP was looking for the dive or pitch, Snyder would throw and the received although not all that fast or spectacular, made the ctach for first downs. Just good route runners, good hands and 1st downs. Just enough to keep a defense honest.

Congrats to the Tigers.