PDA

View Full Version : K'Ville DC

Port_town_texas
11-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I look for Jasper to beat Marlin by at least 3 TDs. Kirbyville really needs a Defensive Coordinator in the worst way. They stayed in a close up 6-5 defense with no safety and Marlin just ran deep passes and quick hitters. If Marlin got two strides pasted the line of scrimmage it was a TD. Kirbyville had the best athletes and team. They held the Bulldogs to no first downs in the first half. Marlin made adjustments at halftime and just plain ate the Def. Coordinators lunch the whole second half on that tight 6-5 defense. It was sad watching a superior Wildcat team totally out coached.

Who is the DC over there. If it's who I think it is, he did the SAME thing against Newton last year and got K'Ville killed when they should've had the game won.:foul:

Hey, it's b-ball time. They will probably make it just as far if not farther in b-ball (basketball).:clap:

pantherpop
11-27-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm not saying this about this particular coach because I don't know the whole story, although he sure had a good game plan against us but why is it , especially here in Liberty, that when things are going good and you're winning you don't here these kind of complaints but as soon as you lose everybody wants to run the coach out of town? Kirbyville had a great season and with all that youth they will surely be back next season. I think sometimes you have to just sit back and realize that maybe you just don't have the players. It's like I said, I here this all the time here in Liberty and I wish these parents would stop and think about if this coach gets released you never know what kind of coach they'll get to replace him with.

Old Cardinal
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
You know PantherPop I think that we all hold our words a lot on this board about Coaching. It was blatant that the Marlin staff picked out that all they had to do in the second half was spread their ends out and set wideouts and Kirbyville would go into a 6 man 5 linebacker close positioned coverage. They then just sprang their backs with absolutely no safety playing back in that position-- and racked up the points.

I have kept my mouth shut about Liberty Coaching but would like to point out something to you now that the season is over. When BC played you at the first of the year the center and right guard were "telegraphing" your plays big time! On pass plays they would squat with their heads up before the ball was snapped and be ready to pass-block. Likewise, these two would lean forward with their head down ready to plunge on the running plays. Now that is the Coaches fault to allow telegraphing.....Now then, I went to see the Jasper vs Liberty game and guess what BLESS PETE, these two linemen were still telegraphing. They pulled the right guard out; he seem to not be able to block either #23 or #45 during the first quarter but the center continued to give the running and pass plays away. Now that is a gross Coaching error to not catch that problem for an entire season.
I think most of us that follow all these HS fooball games lay off the Coaching pretty well but since you started this I thought you might want to know about your teams gross telegraphing and lack of Coaching noticing this happening.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-27-2004, 07:57 PM
My brother played against K-ville last year and said when he played against them they some how knew all there calls. It was later found that they had a scout sitting at our practice for a full week.

pantherpop
11-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Old Cardinal, just to reply to your post. If the Center and Guard were tipping the play off and you noticed it, you must really be on top of your game. I'm not saying they did or they didn't but if they were tipping off the pass plays in the two games that you mentioned perhaps the defensive coordinaters weren't doing their jobs because against Bridge City we were 5-11 passing for 75 yards and a TD and against Jasper we were 10-16 for 219 yards and a TD. Certainly not Peyton Manning numbers but for a predominatley running team like Liberty I would take those passing stats every week. But its not the nit picking stuff that alot of these people complain about its usually the overhaul the entire offensive system or change the entire defensive makeup. I do agree that changes need to be made from week to week depending on the opponent but usually for 3A football you just go with what got you there in the first place.

Have a nice day!!

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 09:42 PM
I believe OC probably is quoting what Jasper's coach said in his interview with Beaumont paper after the Liberty game, but perhaps he is savvy enough to have noticed it for himself.

Old Cardinal
11-27-2004, 10:46 PM
You know Huper I watch a lot of games and have done this for many years. I remember one night back in 1965, Jasper was ranked 1st or 2nd and the came down to BC and lost 21-0 or so. Steve Worster got to wiping his hands on his sides before the plays when he carried the ball. A great fan named Sonny Lane caught Chief Wilson as he walked off the field at halftime and told him about the telegraphing. On the second play after the half he had Worster wipe his hands on his sides. Steven plunged forward to a keying defense and Joe Langston gave a good fake and them romped around end for a good scoring effort .
I Coached younger boys for 4 years and had a 36-2-2 record. All my Assistant Coaches were trying to spot kids leaning before the play etc: That astuteness can win ball games for you. I would say that Dan Ray Hooks, Randy Ragsdale and even Cornell are the best at reading the offense of any Coaches in the business in 3A ball right now. That trait is what makes a LeRoy Jordan at linebacker.
Will see you at Nacogdoches Saturday night.

wildcatfan06
11-27-2004, 10:50 PM
i don't think that any of k-vills coaches made that many bad calls and our dc in one of the best you just have your good games and your bad games friday night was not a bad night k-ville gave it all they had and well we did'nt finish on top but thats ok we as in k-ville can hold our heads high with pride because we made it to 3rd round and not many teams did so we will just have to keep working on our game and start getting pumped for next year!!!

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Yep OC...hope to see you there. Interesting that you weren't the only one to pick up on what the Jasper coaches saw. I have watched Jasper a few times this year and have picked up on one thing...I have no clue what is going through the offensive play caller's brain...that is probably more of my ignorance than their inept play calling.

JasperDog94
11-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
...that is probably more of my ignorance than their inept play calling. Hey Huper, if I agree with you on this one, is that a compliment or an insult?:p :D :D

Imbred Jed
11-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Old Card card why do you always edit what you say after you say it?
And Pantherpop just ignore him b/c everyone knows he is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old No. 7
11-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by wildcatfan06
i don't think that any of k-vills coaches made that many bad calls and our dc in one of the best you just have your good games and your bad games friday night was not a bad night k-ville gave it all they had and well we did'nt finish on top but thats ok we as in k-ville can hold our heads high with pride because we made it to 3rd round and not many teams did so we will just have to keep working on our game and start getting pumped for next year!!!

Welcome to the board. Great post.

Old No. 7
11-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Imbred Jed

Pretty bold for post #2. I would say welcome but it sounds like you have been here before. :D

3afan
11-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Imbred Jed

darn rookies .....

FYI i often edit my posts ... after i see them i correct errors or reword something to make it clearer. i think most people do, or have done it ...

lay off OC, he's another "one of our most faithful, fine, upstanding posters ... :thumbsup:"

[i had to edit my post to add this last part]

Old Cardinal
11-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Dear Inbred: I edit my post because I make typing mistakes and also maybe want to add or delete a sentence etc:
I think that I hit some facts on the head. Will challenge you on overall football knowledge any time. This board is for idiots like me and also for young geniuses like you--welcome aboard LOL

I edited this one for you Inbred. You might want to take one of the two "cards" out and start a real sentence without the word "And" at the beginning.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2004, 03:19 PM
I have to agree....many of my posts are edited because when I go back and re-read it, I catch a mistake I didn't notice beforehand.

Some may choose to leave the errors in there, evidently OC, 3afan and myself do not!!

wildcatfan06
11-29-2004, 07:48 PM
thanks old no.7 i just stated my mind i will be posting more

K-VILLE KATZ
11-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
My brother played against K-ville last year and said when he played against them they some how knew all there calls. It was later found that they had a scout sitting at our practice for a full week.

Thats a lie. There wasn't a coach scouting dibolls practice. Looks to me like yall should have had a coach scouting jaspers practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Port_town_texas
12-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by K-VILLE KATZ
Thats a lie. There wasn't a coach scouting dibolls practice. Looks to me like yall should have had a coach scouting jaspers practice!!!!!!!!!!!!! uh oh!!!!! LOL!!:eek:

spiveyrat
12-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wildcatfan06

Do they teach grammar in Kirbyville?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=punctuation

Sorry, I know some of Kirbyville posters do a better job.