PDA

View Full Version : Jasper VS Marlin, Sat., 8:00, Nacogdoches

fred grunden
11-27-2004, 11:18 AM
As of 9:00 am this morning, Nov 27, the game will be at SFA's stadium at 8:00 PM in Nacogdoches next Saturday.

Bellville22
11-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Why?

Port_town_texas
11-27-2004, 11:52 AM
So Jasper can have the home-field advantage over these bullpups. Go Jasper, i'm rooting for u to bring state back to Jasper County!:mad:

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-27-2004, 12:31 PM
I'll be there!@

fred grunden
11-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I think this was Marlin's choice.

onfirebball05mustang
11-27-2004, 06:59 PM
go MARLIN!!!:clap:

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by fred grunden
I think this was Marlin's choice.

Not too many coaches gonna let you go play somewhere where you just won the week before if they can find a different spot.

dawgmom
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
I heard it was going to be at 6?

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I really wish they had picked another stadium. I just got home from watching the Lufkin game at SFA and this is my least favorite stadium in this area. Parking is a nightmare and so is getting to the restrooms. I was hoping we'd be back in Huntsville.

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 11:13 PM
how'd that game turn out?

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Lufkin won 31 - 21. Longview really gave the game away with too many turnovers. The crowd was huge. I saw several of our Jasper Bulldog players there. They must have been checking out the field.

j_dog
11-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
I really wish they had picked another stadium. I just got home from watching the Lufkin game at SFA and this is my least favorite stadium in this area. Parking is a nightmare and so is getting to the restrooms. I was hoping we'd be back in Huntsville.
me too! :D

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Lufkin won 31 - 21. Longview really gave the game away with too many turnovers. The crowd was huge. I saw several of our Jasper Bulldog players there. They must have been checking out the field.

They have that long leaf turn stuff don't they?? I don't know what the stuff is called.:D

JasperDog94
11-28-2004, 12:19 AM
I've also heard 8:00. I believe that came from the coaches office. But I'm sure all that's subject to change.

Buckeyeman
11-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I've heard that Gilmer and Tatum will play at SFA on Saturday also. If so, what a great double header. I believe two of those four teams will be playing in the state finals(Gilmer and Jasper).

JasperDog94
11-28-2004, 12:28 AM
I hope you're right about that.

marlin fan
11-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I hope you're right about that. I dont!!!!:D GO MARLIN BULLDOGS!!!!

NSUTrumpet08
11-28-2004, 01:05 AM
SFA's stadium is alright but i do agree with Bulldog Fan; all their rest rooms are on the far side of the stadium and parking is atrocious!! I wish it would be back at SHSU...i don't think we've lost there since we started playing there back in 2001 (Jasper vs. Port Arthur Jefferson) when i was still a sophomore. Since then it's been Mexia (2002), Mexia (2003), Waco-Conally (2003), and recently Cameron-Yoe (2004)...

CHS_CG
11-28-2004, 01:44 AM
I wish it was at SHSU too.. it would be a lot closer to us.. I looked last night and I will have to get my mom to agree to drive 4 hrs and 39 minutes ONE WAY and I dont think that will happen:( :(

But its ok.. GO MARLIN!!! DONT LET ME DOWN!

Old No. 7
11-28-2004, 10:23 AM
I know j _dog was hopeing for SHSU. Well, atleast it's closer. " Come on dawgs............ ya gotta ........I mean ya gotta love it." :D

FranksBullDog
11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
MB will win not because of talent but because they play all out on every play!

Bulldog Fan
11-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by FranksBullDog
MB will win not because of talent but because they play all out on every play!

I have never seen a team play harder than our Jasper Bulldogs. You can be sure they will match Marlin on heart. I think it's a little premature to call this one just yet.

Bulldog_12
11-28-2004, 01:46 PM
From what I know, Jasper and Marlin will be playing at 8 on saturday night following the Tyler Lee game. They are still trying to confirm that TL will be playing there, if not, the game will probably be pushed up to 6. Thats what I think is going on.

Port_town_texas
11-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Tyler Lee vs. Trinity at Texas Stadium at 6 p.m. They WILL NOT be going all the way down to Nac-a-roaches to play a game.

marlin fan
11-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
From what I know, Jasper and Marlin will be playing at 8 on saturday night following the Tyler Lee game. They are still trying to confirm that TL will be playing there, if not, the game will probably be pushed up to 6. Thats what I think is going on. i hope it stays at 8 cus i have SAT's Saturday and i dunno what time the bus is leaveing.

Backwoods
11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I've also heard 8:00. I believe that came from the coaches office. But I'm sure all that's subject to change.

Good luck to y'all over there. We've been visitors there for the past three weeks and it was good to us.;)

White&Crimson
11-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Any chance they might change the game time to make it earlier? I just don't get why they are having it so late! :eek:

BIGHANK
11-28-2004, 11:16 PM
GO BULLDOGS HAHA fooled ya

im rootin for jasper in this one, but if there gonna win they have to bring there A game. Cause marlin is quick.

j_dog
11-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
... im rootin for jasper in this one, but if there gonna win they have to bring there A game. Cause marlin is quick.
Thank you BIGHANK! It is not often that Jasper gets props from Diboll. :)

Yes, we have been hearing about Marlin speed for years. Finally we will get to see them go head to head against Jasper to see how the speed really matches up. For me, Cameron Yoe was quick enough!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-29-2004, 06:06 AM
lol hank is just givin jasper props because this years team couldnt do what needed to be done to keep playing. Didnt see much heart in this years team hank... did it all graduate last year?

bud4u
11-29-2004, 09:01 AM
the MB ARE FAST ,but not as fast as they were last year to me so this must be a big advantage to jasper. MB are young but experienced.

IF YOUR GOING TO BE A DAWG BE A MARLIN BULLDOG

GO MARLIN LETS GET SOME RESPECT FROM EAST TEXAS COUNTERPARTS THE jasper bullpups

89JDAWG
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM
did the yoe beat marlin? not that it matters...just wondering

Junkyard
11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
No Waco Connally did.

NSUTrumpet08
11-29-2004, 01:55 PM
It's offically going to be at Nacogdoches at SFA on December 4th at 8 pm...well that's what the UIL website says. And preceding that game is the Gilmer vs. Tatum game...like someone said earlier, it's going to be a great double header at Homer Bryce Stadium!

M-square
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Wow Waco Connally Beat us. jasper lost to kirbyville (no disrespect to them) Yall didn't get beat yall got MADDEN RULED

Junkyard
11-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by M-square
Wow Waco Connally Beat us. jasper lost to kirbyville (no disrespect to them) Yall didn't get beat yall got MADDEN RULED

You are right Kville thumped us and yall thumped Kville so there is no need for Marlin to work hard in preparing for Jasper, this game will be a cake walk. Marlin should go ahead and start working on getting ready for Liberty Hill!!!:D

j_dog
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Junkyard
You are right Kville thumped us and yall thumped Kville so there is no need for Marlin to work hard in preparing for Jasper, this game will be a cake walk. Marlin should go ahead and start working on getting ready for Liberty Hill!!!:D
So true! Jasper is in such a hole on this one they probably will not even practice this week. :(

M-square
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
U said that, But we take one game at a time we dont look ahead to next week. Like i said it will be a close game

j_dog
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Or it could be a track meet like Duckbutter said in a recent post. It is going to be a great game to watch, no matter what.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
So true! Jasper is in such a hole on this one they probably will not even practice this week. :( I'm so imtimidated by this Marlin team man.....I don't even think Jasper should play. Just forfeit and get it over with.:rolleyes: :)

fmsc64
11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Not only is Marlin looking for a win over Jasper Saturday night, but they really do want to play for a state championship and the only way to do that is to win this game and the next two. Good luck to all my boys, the Marlin Bulldogs are ready for another win so look out, the DWAGS are off the chain! Go MHS BULLDWAGS!! May the best Dwags win and may that Dwag be the Marlin BullDwags! Get winning in both your eyes! Go MB! :) :clap:

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 04:14 PM
aight ENUFF! whut the hell is a bulldwag????

j_dog
11-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
I'm so imtimidated by this Marlin team man.....I don't even think Jasper should play. Just forfeit and get it over with.:rolleyes: :)
No, we'll show up! :) Have some players that KV didn't get to meet that we want to introduce to Marlin. :D

fmsc64
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
A BULLDWAG is a real 100% certified DOG and if you are from Marlin you are for Real so you are a REAL DWAG!! Got it? Go DWAGS (Marlin) Beat Jasper. Be for real and get winning in both your eyes! :cool:

Hupernikomen
11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by M-square

No brainer here for sure. kirbyville handled us and y'all handled them shouldn't be close.

BulldogBowler
11-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Wow, lots of sarcasm seems to be coming from the Jasper side...you're right, it doesnt really matter that K'Ville beat Jasper and that Marlin beat K'Ville. But, as for those Jasper players that you would like to introduce to Marlin....well, we can't wait to meet 'em!

RdaleBoi08
11-29-2004, 09:46 PM
But Now This Is Playoff's and records dont matta now

spiveyrat
11-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by fmsc64
A BULLDWAG is a real 100% certified DOG and if you are from Marlin you are for Real so you are a REAL DWAG!! Got it? Go DWAGS (Marlin) Beat Jasper. Be for real and get winning in both your eyes! :cool:

We're no DWAGS. We prefer Dawgs.

Oh, and that's Mr. Bulldawg to you.:hand:

j_dog
11-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by BulldogBowler
Wow, lots of sarcasm seems to be coming from the Jasper side...you're right, it doesnt really matter that K'Ville beat Jasper and that Marlin beat K'Ville. But, as for those Jasper players that you would like to introduce to Marlin....well, we can't wait to meet 'em!
No offense meant to Marlin with the sarcasm. It is more of a Jasper County inside joke. :)

But, as for those Jasper players that we would like to introduce to Marlin, ask the Cameron fans. They met them and suffered six interceptions and several long runs from those guys. The only point to this is that some 7 or so starters played not at all, or very sparingly against KV because of injuries. That does not change the fact that KV handed it to Jasper in that game. I think it does have something to say about the potential for Jasper to have improved somewhat since their Kirbyville game. Then again, maybe they have not improved. We will see on Saturday night.

Good luck to both teams, and may the game be injury free for both teams. :)

05Dawg
11-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Is Jasper or Marlin the home team saturday?

BulldogBowler
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Marlin is visitor....no offense taken j_dog...i'm sure the 7 missing players would have made a difference in the k'ville game, but who knows how much. Anyhow, may the best team win sat. nite.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2004, 09:54 PM
i'm sure the 7 missing players would have made a difference in the k'ville game, but who knows how much.

Hell, when its half your D-Fense, and one of those players is Sean Whetherspoon, ya it would have made a difference.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2004, 09:59 PM
GO DAWGS!!!THAT IS JASPER BULLDOGS!!!!!

j_dog
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Marlin is visitor....no offense taken j_dog...i'm sure the 7 missing players would have made a difference in the k'ville game, but who knows how much. Anyhow, may the best team win sat. nite.
You are right. Who knows. Anyway, I did not see the KV game. I did see the Cameron game and I think I am not going out on too long a limb to say that if we had had those guys out against Cameron it would likely have been a very long night for Jasper. Thankfully all but one made it back for the playoffs.

Old No. 7
12-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
But Now This Is Playoff's and records dont matta now

You've got that right. I hope this is an injury free game. I still say Jasper in a close one.