PDA

View Full Version : Its Official..

Tarpon2004
12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
There will be a 6A..DAMN I thought this wasn't going to happen but its already in progress....PEACE...

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Tarpon2004 ]</small>

J-town Hustler
12-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Are you serious?

Cat22
12-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Where did you get your information?

therealbulldogs
12-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, it's not on the UIL website so he didn't get it from there.

jason
12-04-2003, 05:41 PM
therealbulldogs:
Well, it's not on the UIL website so he didn't get it from there.nope...i just looked there too...i'll believe it when i see it there...

Tarpon2004
12-04-2003, 05:46 PM
It was on this website that my friend was on...newsfinder or something like that and it was sayin that we would have 6A next year so yea....damn if 5A sounded intimidating imagine 6A eek! .....peace

Jacket2000
12-04-2003, 05:46 PM
TAPPS will have a 6a starting next season. I would think that the UIL would be wise to follow suit.
J2K

sahen
12-04-2003, 05:50 PM
mmm...having a 6a would screw up a lotta stuff...i dunno if that is true or not but wouldnt it cause massive realignment?...not only districts, but regions too...and wouldnt the descrepancies between school size get smaller so they wouldnt need a d1 and d2 playoffs?...just for thought...but i mean they rnt just gonna take half of 5a and make it a 6a...they will have to change everything....

Tarpon2004
12-04-2003, 05:55 PM
This isnt the article that I read it on but here's one on and idea on 6A

http://www.fridaynighthistory.com/mockalign.html

therealbulldogs
12-04-2003, 06:02 PM
All those alignments on that website are just hypothetical alignments.

sahen
12-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Tarpon2004:
This isnt the article that I read it on but here's one on and idea on 6A

http://www.fridaynighthistory.com/mockalign.htmlaccording to that site they wouldnt have 6a until 2006 at the earliest and the UIL committee is supposed to report on their "findings" in july of 2004....so i dont know how they could make the decision so soon w/o the committee....

sahen
12-04-2003, 06:10 PM
yah....that site is messed up...i looked apparantly if they decided to go w/ 8 6a districts....then Baytown Sterling would magically no longer be a school....cause u cant find them in 5a or 6a...they r bigger than their counterpart Baytown Lee so they would have to be in one of those 2 districts...i dunnow what these people r doing.....

marktaras
12-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Are the alignments done every two years or are they typically done in a short-notice, as needed basis?

jason
12-04-2003, 06:19 PM
marktaras:
Are the alignments done every two years or are they typically done in a short-notice, as needed basis?every two years...new allignments are announced in February I believe...

CentralTxFan
12-04-2003, 07:36 PM
I sent an e-mail to UIL asking this question. I was told in a return e-mail that this is something that is being proposed for the future. If it did go in to affect it would not be until the alignment years 2006 forward. I received it over a month ago and don't have it to paste or I would.

jason
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
CentralTxFan:
I sent an e-mail to UIL asking this question. I was told in a return e-mail that this is something that is being proposed for the future. If it did go in to affect it would not be until the alignment years 2006 forward. I received it over a month ago and don't have it to paste or I would.ive done the same thing, i forgot about it though...lol

CentralTxFan
12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
found the e-mail..I guess I read more into it though...but if passed it would go into affect for the 2006 realignment or even later..I would think....anyway...here it is.... What do you think of the word COULD?

Our Legislative Council authorized staff to present a reclassification plan to them in June 2004. That plan could include a 6A proposal.

Charles Breithaupt
Director of Athletics
University Interscholastic League

Hupernikomen
12-04-2003, 09:30 PM
CentralTxFan:
found the e-mail..I guess I read more into it though...but if passed it would go into affect for the 2006 realignment or even later..I would think....anyway...here it is.... What do you think of the word COULD?

Our Legislative Council authorized staff to present a reclassification plan to them in June 2004. That plan could include a 6A proposal.

Charles Breithaupt
Director of Athletics
University Interscholastic LeagueI do believe this issue was presented to the superintendents and they shot it down this time around.

Tarpon2004
12-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Ok maybe what I read was about TAPPS like Jacket said...sorry for confusin yall if I am wrong....peace

SintonFan
12-04-2003, 09:41 PM
CentralTxFan:

Charles Breithaupt
Director of Athletics
University Interscholastic League.
That a big 'could' CentralTxFan.
I think a 6A would help with the "size of enrollment" issue. There would be a smaller difference between competing schools now. Jeez, Old Card finally rubbed off on me. :cool:
The thing about those new(hypothetical) 6A and 5A schools is that they could afford to travel farther. They have large stadiums with plenty of gate money(and other stuff) to help. When you get down to 2A(some 3A) and below is when the travel $ starts to hit.
I hope it happens. :)

CentralTxFan
12-04-2003, 09:45 PM
I just find it interesting that he said COULD include a 6a plan. Toying with us I guess. 6A would be good, break up some of those super 5A's but then I wonder how it will trickle down to us here in 3A? Fewer schools in each alignment? Fewer districts in each region?

JasperDog94
12-05-2003, 01:13 AM
BOOOOOOO 6A. There's too much travel time for Valley and West Texas schools now. This would be a killer for them.

KTJ
12-05-2003, 01:20 AM
JasperDog94:
BOOOOOOO 6A. There's too much travel time for Valley and West Texas schools now. This would be a killer for them.which is why there hasn't been a 6A yet.

TexasHSFootball
12-05-2003, 02:58 AM
KTJ:

JasperDog94:
BOOOOOOO 6A. There's too much travel time for Valley and West Texas schools now. This would be a killer for them.which is why there hasn't been a 6A yet.The UIL is too chicken to realize it could have been done a long time ago... the desparity between the classifications is simply unfair and it needs to be fixed. Someone in the UIL a couple years ago said "There will never be a 6A as long as I am in charge."

JustAFan
12-05-2003, 08:46 AM
There was an article in the October Leaguer that dealt with realignment. The newest decision did not deal with adding a 6A, however it increased the number of schools in 5A to a maximum of 245. Currently the rule allows 210 - 225. It also states the legislative Council has authorized a study to look at changing the realignment/reclassification process (including the possibility of an additional conference), but the earliest the study could be considered is October 2004, and could not affect realignment until the 2006-2008 realignment.

The article is on page 15 of the October leaguer. Here is the url, I am not sure how to make it a clickable link. http://www.uil.utexas.edu/leaguer/oct_03.pdf