PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 37 Kirbyville 13 Final

marlin fan
11-27-2004, 03:40 AM
well this was a good game it all came alive for the bulldogs in the 3ed quarter.... Kirbyville has one of be best crowds i have ever seen!!!!! hmmm they had air horns why come Marlin didnt bring the Train horn???? did conroe not allow it or what???

Buckeye80
11-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Great win Bulldogs!:D

HighSchool Fan
11-27-2004, 09:17 AM
congrats Marlin_fan

pirate4state
11-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Congrats to those Marlin Bulldogs!! :clap: I'm sure Cunbed10 (AKA-Leon) & B are estactic!! :D :D Good Luck in the next round!! :)

Chris Hart
11-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Way to go Marlin! :)

marlin fan
11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Congrats to those Marlin Bulldogs!! :clap: I'm sure Cunbed10 (AKA-Leon) & B are estactic!! :D :D Good Luck in the next round!! :) yes i am estactic i just hope the MARLIN Bulldogs get started sonner this week!!! GO MARLIN BULLDOGS BEAT JASPER!!!!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-27-2004, 12:32 PM
poor kitt-kats :( DAWGS will clean up the mess kirby vill couldnt take care of ! Never send a kat to do a dawgs job !! :D

Port_town_texas
11-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
poor kitt-kats :( DAWGS will clean up the mess kirby vill couldnt take care of ! Never send a kat to do a dawgs job !! :D whatever:rolleyes: :D

Bellville22
11-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Congrats to Marlin on a great win. The Dawgs are on a roll right now. Stay focused and you'll have a great chance to reach that ultimate goal.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Congrats on the win!

JasperDog94
11-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Congrats Marlin. I look forward to seeing you guys next week.

Old No. 7
11-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Congrats to Marlin. I heard it was a good game. I was in SC with my Grandparents. Just got in a few hours ago and had to check the dl. ( I may have a problem :D ) GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK. I'll have my Jasper hat on for this one! ;)

j_dog
11-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Congratulations Marlin on the victory. I have been hearing about your speed for 4 years now so am looking forward to actually "seeing" it, if it is not too fast to see. :)

Congratulations to Kirbyville on advancing further than you have in a long time. :) KV is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

pantherpop
11-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Just wanted to say congradulations Jasper on another victory this past Friday and good luck against Marlin. You guys are just awesome. Also wanted to congradulate Kirbyville on an outstanding season. When I looked at your roster earlier in the season when we played ya it looked like yall will be returning alot of folks. What will be your biggest personel losses.

wildcatfan06
11-27-2004, 10:54 PM
we don't need no doggy to clean up our mess i think we as in k-ville did our share of cleaning up.:devil:

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Just wanted to say congradulations Jasper on another victory this past Friday and good luck against Marlin. You guys are just awesome. Also wanted to congradulate Kirbyville on an outstanding season. When I looked at your roster earlier in the season when we played ya it looked like yall will be returning alot of folks. What will be your biggest personel losses.

Jasper is graduating another boat load of talent this year 20+ seniors. Heck two years ago with the team "of all teams" we graduated like 28 or so and just reloaded back to the semi-finals...so who knows what a new year holds in store for the dogs. A couple I know are coming back are Moye, Weatherspoon, and Adams (the one with screws in his ankle right now)...that is a pretty good trio to build around. Not to mention we have the thick bronson kid who will be running the ball some next year. We recently brought up a freshman who is starting at defensive end that is getting better and better every game..

I guess I should have said that I counted about 7 starters who are coming back from off the roster at one game.

pantherpop
11-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper is graduating another boat load of talent this year 20+ seniors. Heck two years ago with the team "of all teams" we graduated like 28 or so and just reloaded back to the semi-finals...so who knows what a new year holds in store for the dogs. A couple I know are coming back are Moye, Weatherspoon, and Adams (the one with screws in his ankle right now)...that is a pretty good trio to build around. Not to mention we have the thick bronson kid who will be running the ball some next year. We recently brought up a freshman who is starting at defensive end that is getting better and better every game..

I guess I should have said that I counted about 7 starters who are coming back from off the roster at one game.

I remember when I first walked into the stands and the Jasper players were lined up doing their drills and let me tell you they were mighty intimidating just looking at them. Loads and loads of talent every year at Jasper but you still have to show up ready to play every week as these teams are always gunning for yall. Sounds like what little trouble ya had during the season was mostly due to turnovers and so far in the playoffs you guys have kept it under control. I've got to say I was most impressed with your linebackers. Man these guys were really thick and could run like deer. All over the field. Defensive line was impressive too. It sounds like Moye gets alot of critisism for some reason. I don't understand that being just a Soph. he seems like he's gonna be something really special for years to come.

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 11:31 PM
I have been tough on him on here and certainly hope he doesn't read this mess. He is an awesome talent. I think he gets a little too excited and takes off before he gets the ball sometimes. The coaches are starting to bench him some if he fumbles the ball, but at this point a fumble could mean season over. Man we don't miss a beat when bronson or patton take the snaps but no doubt Moye is the man when he grabs the ball before he takes off.

faithfuldog
11-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Hat's off to K'ville on a great season and game. Ya'll have some real speed on that team!

onfirebball05mustang
11-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Congrats to Marlin (coulda sworn i said that before) and congrats to K'ville on a great season!
Good Luck Bulldogs!:clap:

espn1
11-28-2004, 09:58 AM
poor kitt-kats :( DAWGS will clean up the mess kirby vill couldnt take care of ! Never send a kat to do a dawgs job !! :D
???????? Now there's some logic for ya!
K'ville 42 Jasper 20
Marlin 37 K'ville 13 :confused: :confused: :confused:

wildkat0507
11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
well this was a good game it all came alive for the bulldogs in the 3ed quarter.... Kirbyville has one of be best crowds i have ever seen!!!!! hmmm they had air horns why come Marlin didnt bring the Train horn???? did conroe not allow it or what???

well yes congrats on marlin and congrats on a GREAT season kville but we wouldnt have lost so bad if we didnt give up in the second half. Everyone could tell. but o well its time for the hoops now.

Port_town_texas
11-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
well yes congrats on marlin and congrats on a GREAT season kville but we wouldnt have lost so bad if we didnt give up in the second half. Everyone could tell. but o well its time for the hoops now. Yeah!!!! I'll be thurr in January!!!

Comeaux
11-28-2004, 11:45 PM

So Lumberjack, who will Dibol be playing , this weekend or even better who did they play this last week.

Go bounce a basketballl and leave the footballl post to the real men.

wildcatfan06
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
thanks to allhow gave out a congrats to k-ville we do what we can with what we got ...

we hope to see all of yall in playoffs next year

well good luck bullpuppys i think you we will need it aganist marlin there tought

OH YEAH NOBODY FORGET

jasper---20 K-VILLE ----42

98Eagle
11-29-2004, 09:03 PM
It's a shame when the highlight of your football program over the past ten years is beating Jasper once. Jasper is still in the playoffs and Kirbyville isn't. Let it go Kirbyville fans, just sit back and enjoy your crow. Kirbyville was looking foward to a Jasper rematch that they forgot Marlin has been a powerhouse for years. Good luck to Kirbyville in basketball but you have to let the Jasper game go, it was meaningless. JMHO

Comeaux
11-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 98Eagle
It's a shame when the highlight of your football program over the past ten years is beating Jasper once. Jasper is still in the playoffs and Kirbyville isn't. Let it go Kirbyville fans, just sit back and enjoy your crow. Kirbyville was looking foward to a Jasper rematch that they forgot Marlin has been a powerhouse for years. Good luck to Kirbyville in basketball but you have to let the Jasper game go, it was meaningless. JMHO

98Eagle get it right- It was not just beating Jasper but beating them in a year when Newton could not (26-6).

I wish the Wildcats could have played Deweyville, then they could have really been proud.

Port_town_texas
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 98Eagle
It's a shame when the highlight of your football program over the past ten years is beating Jasper once. Jasper is still in the playoffs and Kirbyville isn't. Let it go Kirbyville fans, just sit back and enjoy your crow. Kirbyville was looking foward to a Jasper rematch that they forgot Marlin has been a powerhouse for years. Good luck to Kirbyville in basketball but you have to let the Jasper game go, it was meaningless. JMHO When you get pummeled by ur rivals, and u finally beat the hell outta them ur SUPPOSE to celebrate.

Comeaux
11-30-2004, 08:26 AM
We are proud of our football team not only for what they did but we are excited about what is to come.

The days of Newton or Jasper dominating Kirbyville are over.

89JDAWG
11-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
When you get pummeled by ur rivals, and u finally beat the hell outta them ur SUPPOSE to celebrate.

RIVALS hahahahahahaha grab a clue kvill vs jasper is anything but a rival your trying to make somthing out of nothing. rivals are built in the playoffs. remember your talking about jasper our season doesnt begin until the 11th week! Do you notice that every year about this time jasper and newton are the only two teams left from the greater triangle area!!!! we do wish yall sucess in the future. this area is loaded with talent but the power houses are still jasper newton burkville and until kvill is the team that knocks us out of the playoffs it will stay that way.

MHSHorn070
11-30-2004, 10:27 AM
it might be old but wasnt half of jaspers defense suspended when they played kirbiville? :confused:

southern_thunder
11-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by MHSHorn070
it might be old but wasnt half of jaspers defense suspended when they played kirbiville? :confused:
Not suspended, injured. And it wasnt just defense it was 5 two way starters which translates to 10 starters not playing.

Comeaux
11-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
RIVALS hahahahahahaha grab a clue kvill vs jasper is anything but a rival your trying to make somthing out of nothing. rivals are built in the playoffs. remember your talking about jasper our season doesnt begin until the 11th week! Do you notice that every year about this time jasper and newton are the only two teams left from the greater triangle area!!!! we do wish yall sucess in the future. this area is loaded with talent but the power houses are still jasper newton burkville and until kvill is the team that knocks us out of the playoffs it will stay that way.

You are correct! I was wrong.
When you win by 22 points there is not a lot of rivilary there.

Comeaux
11-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Not suspended, injured. And it wasnt just defense it was 5 two way starters which translates to 10 starters not playing.

Please tell us who the five starters were. I have ask before but could never get a straight answer. We have the film and don't see it.

spiveyrat
11-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux

The days of Newton or Jasper dominating Kirbyville are over.

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

jet sweep
11-30-2004, 06:51 PM
comeaux.....you are starting battle you cannot win my man. kirbyville has had some recent success....very recent......but to start throwing ideas out that kirbyville and jasper are rivals is rediculous. the victory over jasper was impressive; however, you and I and everyone else knows that they were shorthanded. Year in and year out kirbyville will be a distant third behind jasper and silsbee because they have the numbers. Every so often kirbyville will have a good class that will compete, like this year.

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Please tell us who the five starters were. I have ask before but could never get a straight answer. We have the film and don't see it.

All I know is that Jasper's head coach said in an interview that 5 were out and 2 more got hurt early in the game...is he a liar? I have said many times on here Kirbyville won that game fair and square...we wish we had all of our players in that game just like some of your own posters were saying about the BC game.

You guys have a lot coming back next year and Jasper is graduating a lot..I am sure you think it will be a cakewalk for Kirbyville with this year's results...do us a favor and schedule us for homecoming :D :eek:

wildcatfan06
11-30-2004, 09:04 PM
if my mind serves me correctly didn't newton win to jasper last year because of an failing player or was it something like that and yall didn't let go for mounths oh wait yall did forget real quick didn't yall

marlin well i think they were still talking the eagle nest they upset many times in playoffs so do need to start talking about letting past go or what

JASPER 20 KIRBYVILLE 42 :o :o

wildcatfan06
11-30-2004, 09:05 PM
PAST WINS SORRY

98Eagle
11-30-2004, 09:48 PM
I don't recall many Newton fans on this board bragging about beating Jasper on a forfeit, especially once we were in the playoffs. Marlin has had our number and it looks like they have yours, but we didn't look past them and just assume we would be playing the following week. Kirbyville posters had already started threads about Jasper vs. Kville pt. II before they even gave Marlin a thought.

When was the last time Kirbyville beat Newton?:confused:

m-square4life
11-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by wildcatfan06
if my mind serves me correctly didn't newton win to jasper last year because of an failing player or was it something like that and yall didn't let go for mounths oh wait yall did forget real quick didn't yall

marlin well i think they were still talking the eagle nest they upset many times in playoffs so do need to start talking about letting past go or what

wildcatfan06...don't try and get marlin involved in your little temper tantrum.We may talk about some of our past wins but we know when to quit and move on(most experienced teams do). Yea yall beat Jasper,good job, but it's over now. Move on to basketball and think about football next year......:mad: :mad:

bevo
11-30-2004, 10:42 PM

Let me give you some cat chow to chew on there for a little bit....young lil' catfan6. Have you ever herd the old cliché, Anyone can be beat on any given night, if he plays his best? Well K-ville played their best and Jasper didn't. It was as simple as that. But if you're talking about embarrassing losses, try this one on for size.

KIRBYVILLE 0....KOUNTZE 3

(That was to break a 53 game loosing streak and you guessed it, it was your infamous Kats)...But then again, you were born when, '89? So you don’t remember…

Have a little more consideration and respect for the teams.

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 10:44 PM

Jasper had a kid play a couple plays against newton who was ineligible. the teacher who failed him saw him on the field and reported it to the principal who immediately contacted the U.I.L about the infraction and had to forfeit. It is my understanding the grading system was shut down and they had to manually submit the grades. What exactly are you trying to say here?

You beat Jasper good job...Don't get your feelings hurt if Jasper doesn't have the same respect for your program that they have for Newton and others who have played them tough through the years.

bevo
11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper had a kid play a couple plays against newton who was ineligible. the teacher who failed him saw him on the field and reported it to the principal who immediately contacted the U.I.L about the infraction and had to forfeit. It is my understanding the grading system was shut down and they had to manually submit the grades. What exactly are you trying to say here?

You beat Jasper good job...Don't get your feelings hurt if Jasper doesn't have the same respect for your program that they have for Newton and others who have played them tough through the years.

...very well put!

Hupernikomen
11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bevo
Let me give you some cat chow to chew on there for a little bit....young lil' catfan6. Have you ever herd the old cliché, Anyone can be beat on any given night, if he plays his best? Well K-ville played their best and Jasper didn't. It was as simple as that. But if you're talking about embarrassing losses, try this one on for size.

KIRBYVILLE 0....KOUNTZE 3

(That was to break a 53 game loosing streak and you guessed it, it was your infamous Kats)...But then again, you were born when, '89? So you don’t remember…

Have a little more consideration and respect for the teams.

heck it wasn't long ago that kirbyville had back to back to back 0-10 seasons...alvarez has done a good job turning their program around. a lot to be excited about in kat land...why the hating on Jasper anyways? I wanted to see you guys win.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM

#10 Ryan Malone
#11 Gilder
# 2 Jordan Patton
# 3 Broken ankle

I'm not sure who the fifth player was, but these are definately our best guys who were on the sidelines.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2004, 12:11 AM

Does the lack of grammatical correctness concern anyone else???
These guys give themselves away!

Old No. 7
12-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Best of luck this week Jasper. I'm hopeing yall go all the way. I hope to see yall at the tailgait party before the game.

Huper, K-ville may have Jasper next year for Homecoming but we want be expecting a cake walk for sure.

j_dog
12-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
#10 Ryan Malone
#11 Gilder
# 2 Jordan Patton
# 3 Broken ankle

I'm not sure who the fifth player was, but these are definately our best guys who were on the sidelines.
I think the fifth player was #5 Sean Weatherspoon who was already out with an injury. He finally made it back for defensive duty only in the Shepherd game. #3 is Josh Adams who is out for the year.

Yes, I think these were all two way starters, at least at that time. And here you are talking about losing some world class speed. So, yes, it hurt Jasper's chances bigtime. But that game is history and Kirbyville won. The real question is what Jasper can and will do in the future. Saturday night vs Marlin will go a long way toward answering that question.

j_dog
12-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
Best of luck this week Jasper. I'm hopeing yall go all the way. I hope to see yall at the tailgait party before the game.

Huper, K-ville may have Jasper next year for Homecoming but we want be expecting a cake walk for sure.
Thank you Old 7 for the KV support! Huper and I will be looking for you! :)

Port_town_texas
12-01-2004, 03:11 AM
good luck Jasper!

take state!:clap:

Comeaux
12-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
#10 Ryan Malone
#11 Gilder
# 2 Jordan Patton
# 3 Broken ankle

I was really interested in the players that were out for the game (as in did not start) not the one that Kirbyville put out of the game.