PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Weather

X21AAAPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Ok WIDE awake now thanks to a little thing called a tornado... Anyone from BC hear anything about it? It passed about 1 in the morning according to the weather station. Guess I'll find out more in the morning at daybreak...

bccards
11-27-2004, 03:38 AM
do you live around connecticut street? it was hailing real bad over here at my house by sims, then about 5 minutes later all the radio stations go bazerk about a tornado warning foir a developing tornado indicated by radar over bridge city. there are trees and power lines down all over the west side of the city..

X21AAAPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:40 AM
Yup.. I live out on suncrest... Must've come from my direction to you.

bccards
11-27-2004, 03:42 AM
I didn't get crap on this side of town, just the heavy rain.. I heard fire trucks leaving, so i turned on my police scanner -- heard power lines down, trees down all over that end.. especially in that area of connecticut and suncrest.. I can't believe 3 days of tornados this week!! This is so unheard of for down here! That was some of the heaviest rain i've ever seen in my life.. There are some fairly large branches down on connecticut, as well as a trampoline that is totally overturned.

What exactly woke ya up? lol

X21AAAPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Well I was partially asleep.. you know in that half awake stage? Then the warning came on, then the rain stopped and it got REALLY quiet except for the wind.

bccards
11-27-2004, 03:47 AM
scary, I was looking at the reports, Groves also reported a tornado @ HWY 73 & 32nd street.. and looking at the radar, theres still more out there, but none looks to be heading straight for us. Glad to see you didn't lose power! I Saw entergy out that way, so some one did.. I think my sister was one of them! lol

X21AAAPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:48 AM
What radar are you looking at?

bccards
11-27-2004, 03:49 AM
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.klch.shtml

The National Weather Service's radar.

Roundbunch & Tx Ave. were totally under water too during the short 30 minutes of this mess!

Crap, the bad news is, I just looked at something else.. There's more Tornado Warnings out west of us in Liberty county! argh!

http://www.srh.weather.gov/hgx/

X21AAAPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Guess we'll see it in the morning.. I have to get up early for work so I'm about to TRY to hit the sack... Adrenaline is still pumping.

bccards
11-27-2004, 03:54 AM
lol I guess so.. of course, as you know, this being BC and Orange County, we get no news coverage, you'll see it on KOGT most likely before the news.. lol.. Goodnight.. glad yall are safe over there! I'm hittin the sack myself..

Port_town_texas
11-27-2004, 11:46 AM
was there ANY twisters in Port Arthur????

GS#17
11-27-2004, 12:36 PM
I didn't hear of anything touching down in PAT. Late last night/early this morning the Emergency Broadcast came across the radio that said BC was in a tornado warning, and the storms were moving to the east. I'm not sure if anything actually touched down or if the area just experienced very strong winds. Whatever the case, hopefully, everybody and everything are okay.

Port_town_texas
11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
hope err one is aight out thurr.:(