PDA

View Full Version : BIG Congrats 4-3A

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 02:09 AM
WOW!!

What a night!!

We listened to the UT/A&M game on the way to Brownwood. We stayed for the first half of the Sweetwater game - left at halftime with the Mustangs up 42-0.

We hauled butt to Abilene and caught the last half of the Snyder/IP game. (Gained some respect from some fans who saw us sitting there, me in my Greenwood Jacket and ear warmers and my husband in his Greenwood Cap). They told us they appreciated us coming out to watch!!

Then.....we caught the last quarter of the Abilene Wylie/Decatur game on the radio....those announcers were definately homers, but they were great!!

Any Wylie fans.....what was the reference they kept making to #5...I believe his name was John.....Sandifer said the game was dedicated to him?

Even though all 3 teams (Snyder, Sweetwater, Abilene Wylie beat us this year - Snyder twice) I couldn't be more proud of them!!

Way to go 4-3A!!!

Ranger05
11-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Ranger Mom u missed a good one up in Lubbock it was one of the best games ive seen in a long time

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
Ranger Mom u missed a good one up in Lubbock it was one of the best games ive seen in a long time

Which one was that??

Ranger05
11-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Jim Ned vs Canadian. Canadian has a shot to go 1 or 2 more rounds or maybe even a state title great team

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
Jim Ned vs Canadian. Canadian has a shot to go 1 or 2 more rounds or maybe even a state title great team

Oh yeah....that was another one we listened to on the way there. We were skipping back and forth between that game AND the UT/A&M game.

I made up for the footall I missed last weekend in a span of about 8 hours!!:D

Buffalo
11-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Thanks Ranger Mom for all the positive support

wildstangs
11-27-2004, 08:58 AM
John Sugay is the person they were referring to. Last week he broke his leg against Canyon. I believe it was his tibula and fibula.

vet93
11-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I was pretty sure that Sweetwater and Snyder were going to win but I would not have predicted the Wylie upset. I thought that Wylie would make it alot closer but would not be able to stop Dane all night for the victory. I have learned the hard way not to underestimate Coach Sandifer. Maybe Snyder and Sweetwater will play in San Angelo so that I can see it!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by vet93
I was pretty sure that Sweetwater and Snyder were going to win but I would not have predicted the Wylie upset. I thought that Wylie would make it alot closer but would not be able to stop Dane all night for the victory. I have learned the hard way not to underestimate Coach Sandifer. Maybe Snyder and Sweetwater will play in San Angelo so that I can see it!!!!

I was pushing for Grande!!:D

San Angelo would be fine though!

Lubbock maybe??

vet93
11-27-2004, 09:43 AM
With the new addition to the family....I can't travel very far these days....so Angelo is my only Shot!!!! If they do meet in san angelo...maybe we can all have a downlow get together...I am sure that we can talk Wildstangs and the Sweetwater guys into it! Maybe we can even see old Black Magic as well.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was pushing for Grande!!:D

San Angelo would be fine though!

Lubbock maybe??

wildstangs
11-27-2004, 09:48 AM
I called the field house earlier. Its still undecided. I wish we could talk the Tigers into coming to friendly Mustang Bowl :)

Wherever it is, I will be there. I will need a break from studying for finals thats for sure.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 09:49 AM
At the game last night, I found myself scanning the crowd to see if I could see someone who looked like a "Black Magic"!!

Snyder brought a crowd last night!!

When we got to Brownwood, that was the FIRST time I had EVER had to pay parking for a play-off game before....except at Waco for the State Championship game. Is that a normal thing??

vet93
11-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Gee....I just can't understand why the Tigers would not want to play in the Mustang Bowl ;)

Originally posted by wildstangs
I called the field house earlier. Its still undecided. I wish we could talk the Tigers into coming to friendly Mustang Bowl :)

Wherever it is, I will be there. I will need a break from studying for finals thats for sure.

vet93
11-27-2004, 09:53 AM
That is a new one for me....but I think that it is a trend that you will see more and more as these towns are trying to pay for the new "turf" in these stadiums. They will be constantly looking for more revenue......And a hot dog will be $4.00 too!

At the game last night, I found myself scanning the crowd to see if I could see someone who looked like a "Black Magic"!!

Snyder brought a crowd last night!!

When we got to Brownwood, that was the FIRST time I had EVER had to pay parking for a play-off game before....except at Waco for the State Championship game. Is that a normal thing??

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 10:05 AM
That is a new one for me....but I think that it is a trend that you will see more and more as these towns are trying to pay for the new "turf" in these stadiums. They will be constantly looking for more revenue......And a hot dog will be $4.00 too!

They may have got my three bucks for parking, but we stopped at Burger King before the game!

Vet93, I figured you would be at that one. How far is Ballinger from Brownwood?

vet93
11-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Brownwood is only about 60 miles from Ballinger. I would have been at the game but I was on emergency duty friday night
:(

They may have got my three bucks for parking, but we stopped at Burger King before the game!

Vet93, I figured you would be at that one. How far is Ballinger from Brownwood?

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Brownwood is only about 60 miles from Ballinger. I would have been at the game but I was on emergency duty friday night
:(

I looked around for you, but we didn't stay long enough for me to find anyone. I talked to wildstangs a couple of times, he told me to call when we got there if we wanted to sit with him.

I am a closet "claustrophobic" - it's one thing to be squished up to people you know, another think entirely to be squished up against people you DON'T know - so we just found an open spot to sit! (My husband didn't want to me to start, in his words, "wiggin out"!!:D)

I called wildstangs at the half and told him we were leaving and headed to Abilene. That seemed like the longest drive! When we got there, they were about 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter, so we got in free there!

Oh yeah....at each game, Sweetwater and Snyder, I saw someone I went to school with in Coahoma....Small world!!!

imahoser
11-27-2004, 11:29 AM
i would just like to say that i appreciate you comin out to watch all the games. after playin greenwood for 4 yrs. i will always have respect for yall. so thanx rangermom

Buffalo
11-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Big news I hear that the Snyder vs. Sweetwater game will be at Big Spring. Not sure on the date or the time though.

Olddawgfan
11-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to Snyder and Sweetwater and good luck to
both next week!
Great job Wylie Bulldogs!

lobo12
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
good job 4-3a proving that yall are one of the best if not the best district in the state

Ranger05
11-28-2004, 11:29 PM
congrats to all of 4-3A

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes what a district. Great West Texas Football. Now we need to roll this thing up and win the state title.

Gilmer will be tough.

mustang04
11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Yes what a district. Great West Texas Football. Now we need to roll this thing up and win the state title.

Gilmer will be tough.

they sure will, but i honestly think that the winner out of Sweetwater and Snyder will not go down w/ out a fight, these west texas boys are very tough and dont let themselves become discouraged that easily, i think the Reg. 1 rep is going to state

panther power
11-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Great Job! you guys are all on a roll. Keep truckin and good luck all the way through!