PDA

View Full Version : Manor vs. Navasota

Mustang '89
11-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Any thoughts on this matchup? Have not followed Navasota too closely this year and really don't know much about them. Maybe someone from 23AAA can give me a little insight. (balanced off?, run heavy?, pass happy?, etc...)

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 11:33 PM
They are known as a running team with an exceptional Rb Chris Smith who is tough to stop behind a big O line. Sealy beat them by containing Smith. Manor's biggest asset is their strong defense. If they can contain Smith and the Manor offense puts up some points, at least 21, then Manor will win. Manor's offense has not been as formidable lately as in pre-district. Is that because defensive coaches have them well scouted now or is it the caliber of the opposition? Elgin held Manor to a td ( to #1 on a pass)and La Grange allowed only 2 tds also from #1 on deep passes over the middle. I would hope Manor runs some plays from the wing T or I formation to get their running game going. I would give Manor a good chance to pull out a win here. Good luck and represent D24 well.

the tigers are back
11-09-2003, 12:43 AM
I will for sure go with the rattlers on this one at least by 2 tds.I know the rattlers are a power house team and they can move the ball behind that big front line of the rattlers.Navasota 27 Manor13. eek! :D

Mustang '89
11-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the report Pud, Hopefully the Mustangs will work out some of the kinks in the offense and put together 4 good quarters.
Good luck to the Leps and the Buffs. Lets show these people that this is a district that should not be taken lightly!!!