PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 31 Sinton 0 Final

Ranger354
11-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Let me be the first to congradulate the Cuero Team and Fans.

Mistakes Kill..............

I look forward to next year!

Wendy Gaertner
11-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Who is next for the Cuero Gobblers, and what type of team are they? Way to Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt is like a Rock Star!

Hula Girll

rhs78
11-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Wendy Gaertner
Who is next for the Cuero Gobblers, and what type of team are they? Way to Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt is like a Rock Star!

Hula Girll
palastine will be next game for gobblers, they are very good or they would not be where they are.

spiveyrat
11-26-2004, 11:34 PM
OUCH!!! Congrats Cuero. Good season Sinton!

JasperDog94
11-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Wow. I really didn't expect this. Congrats Cuero.

Sinton. You guys prove year in and year out that you are a great team. Hold your heads high and be proud of your accomplishments.:)

j_dog
11-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Cuero for the victory. And congratulations Sinton on a good football season. I know it fell short of what you wanted, but just getting this far is a victory. Good luck next year. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2004, 12:05 AM
great team win cuero, won with convicing fashion. pirates made some mistakes but not even a flawess game would have won it!. this was the team that showed up last time we played & with some great adjustments to shut us down

:clap: good luck next week.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2004, 12:13 AM
great team win cuero, won with convicing fashion. pirates made some mistakes but not even a flawess game would have won it!. this was the team that showed up last time we played & with some great adjustments to shut us down

:clap: good luck next week.

footballgal
11-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Congrats to Cuero Gobblers for a great win. Best wishes next week and represent region IV. :clap:

Also Congrats to Sinton for a great season. :)

Hupernikomen
11-27-2004, 12:36 AM
congrats to cuero....and good season to the sinton guys. we appreciate your pulling for the dogs these last few weeks and was hoping you could pull it out. The cuero/palenstine game should be a classic.

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Congratulations to the Cuero Gobblers! You guys were awesome.
Where did that 200 lb+ no. 33 come from. Rarely do you see a FB that big with such speed.:eek:
I agree with SF_iA, even if we wouldv'e played a flawless game yall would still have taken it IMHO. No exuses here, I'm sure the Gobblers had something to do with our mistakes(except one;) ).
Yall go out and represent region four to best of your abilities.:clap:
I'll be rooting for yall!:)
To the Pirates: I saw you guys played hard and with alot of heart. You didn't give up! You will always be Number One to me! Congratulations on a great season. Keep your heads up because none of you have anything to be ashamed of. You made the City of Sinton and the surrounding community proud with another outstanding season!:clap: :) :clap: :) :clap:

NHSRattler60
11-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I was in Navasota today Haulin' Cans and saw this huge convoy or Sinton cars. I was the Brown Dodge Truck with the big blue tarp.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Congratulations to the Cuero Gobblers! You guys were awesome.
Where did that 200 lb+ no. 33 come from. Rarely do you see a FB that big with such speed.:eek:
I agree with SF_iA, even if we wouldv'e played a flawless game yall would still have taken it IMHO. No exuses here, I'm sure the Gobblers had something to do with our mistakes(except one;) ).

#33, Casey Harryman, also the leader @ the linebacker position on defense!!! Yes, I agree, Sinton did make some crucial mistakes that ended up costing them points needed, but some of those were forced by the cuero D! I just wanted to say congrats to the sinton players on a great season. Good luck Gobblers next week, B.T.H.O. the Palestine Wildcats next friday in round rock!

Highschoolfan78
11-27-2004, 01:48 AM
All i can say is ... Wow what a friday. Cuero you played flawless and deserve every bit of it. Casey harryman was an unstoppable machine tonight not only on the defensive side, but the offensive side. Cuero played to their fullest potential but still have a few more games to go. Great job!!!

Sinton you had a wonderful season and I know you will be back in the mix of things next year. Cuero talks about tradition all the time, but your school does have a strong tradition of your own. Congradulations on a nice playoff run and hope to see you next year at the same place. Continue to strive to be the best!

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
I was in Navasota today Haulin' Cans and saw this huge convoy or Sinton cars. I was the Brown Dodge Truck with the big blue tarp.

That huge convoy must've left the game early, cuz @ the 6min. mark n the 4th, half the sinton fans were already gone!:eek:
Congrats on a good season sinton!

Ranger05
11-27-2004, 01:52 AM
i really wasnt expecting this at all thought this game would be a close one and low scoring.

texasjeremy
11-27-2004, 01:52 AM
how much team speed does Cuero have?

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
That huge convoy must've left the game early, cuz @ the 6min. mark n the 4th, half the sinton fans were already gone!:eek:
Congrats on a good season sinton!
In that big of a loss you'd lose the "fair weather" fans, too.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
In that big of a loss you'd lose the "fair weather" fans, too.
Hey sintonfan, tell your boys to hold their heads up high, they have nothing to be ashamed about the great season they had this year!

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 02:02 AM
well sinton by 14 is my pick... aww dude i was way off... wow i never expected cuero to win... dude what happened to sinton? and yeah im gonna rub it in for a while because all yall did was talk crap about us and it just pissed me off so now that we killed yall im going crazy

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 02:04 AM
in the words of gobbler bro #49: "WE STUFFED SINTON WITH NASTY CRAPPY STUFFING THAT SMELT LIKE A DOG CRAPPED ON IT"

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead
in the words of gobbler bro #49: "WE STUFFED SINTON WITH NASTY CRAPPY STUFFING THAT SMELT LIKE A DOG CRAPPED ON IT"

Dude, I just wanna pass on some good advice given to me by sintonfan, CHILL OUT! Just think for a sec, put yourself in their shoes and how it feels to get so hiped-up about this regional final and come up short, be the better person and don't rub it in because this sort of behavior always comes back to bite ya in the end. So what they talked mess, so did we!
Just wanted to say sorry to sintonfan again for my previous behavior! Congrats on a great season pirates!

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Dude, I just wanna pass on some good advice given to me by sintonfan, CHILL OUT! Just think for a sec, put yourself in their shoes and how it feels to get so hiped-up about this regional final and come up short, be the better person and don't rub it in because this sort of behavior always comes back to bite ya in the end. So what they talked mess, so did we!
Just wanted to say sorry to sintonfan again for my previous behavior! Congrats on a great season pirates!
gobblerfan02, don't worry about it. This guy will take of himself.
Thanks for the kind words and I over-reacted...
:o

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 02:19 AM
well sinton by 14 is my pick... aww dude i was way off... wow i never expected cuero to win... dude what happened to sinton? and yeah im gonna rub it in for a while because all yall did was talk crap about us and it just pissed me off so now that we killed yall im going crazy
Classy!:D

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 02:21 AM
guys im just messing with you... i really didnt expect the game to go the way it did but im glad it did

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Are you a player?:p
No you're not. Cuero is classy, but you're the toe-nail infection of good folks I've met from Cuero.:D

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 02:24 AM
i'm at #49's house and his little brother told me to say that

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 02:28 AM
You never picked Sinton to win by 14 either. :o

crabman
11-27-2004, 02:30 AM
That is finally the Cuero team that we all know. They showed flashes of it all year but never really put it all together. Tonight was about as good as we can play. We will just wait to see if it is good enough.

TAMUGRAD
11-27-2004, 02:31 AM
Don't listen to him, no he is not a player. Great season Sinton.

Go Mean Green!!

Gobbler Fan
11-27-2004, 02:31 AM
I noticed Stumbaugh had PI sitting in the endzone and not on anyones side .......GL PI against H'ville

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 02:37 AM
Good Ole Monty, what a character. Hey any PI fans out there, does Coach Stump(what we used to call him in cuero) still have a dip during practice, or has he quit cold turkey, haven't seen him in a while, good luck to ya'll against the brahmas, should be a good game, but don't underestimate their abilities!

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Thank you for a great season Sinton Pirates! Congratulations to Cuero on their win and good luck next week. I hope you can bring home the state championship for Region 4 and show the boys from the north we can play football down here.
I don't know if it was just Cuero's night or not Sinton's night. Sinton made some mistakes that could have made the game closer but I knew it had to be one when you do something right and it goes wrong like when you block a kick and it hits one of your players head and instead of getting the ball in good field position the other team recovers in your territory. Oh well there will be these days.
Thank you AP for coming to the game with your support.

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Thank you for a great season Sinton Pirates! Congratulations to Cuero on their win and good luck next week. I hope you can bring home the state championship for Region 4 and show the boys from the north we can play football down here.
I don't know if it was just Cuero's night or not Sinton's night. Sinton made some mistakes that could have made the game closer but I knew it had to be one when you do something right and it goes wrong like when you block a kick and it hits one of your players head and instead of getting the ball in good field position the other team recovers in your territory. Oh well there will be these days.
Thank you AP for coming to the game with your support.

It was a great game! I have to give credit to all the teams the Gobblers played so far to prepare for this one. We have another big game Friday night to prepare for :) Great season Sinton. All the Sinton posters have been very classy in the comments.. I expected as much.

GO MEAN GREEN........

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:16 AM
what can i say... a great year... congrats to cuero on a very good win... mistakes killed us....

44inarow.. check PMs

flourface2
11-27-2004, 03:17 AM
so i guess coach reeve DID know what he was talking about after the first time we played when he said we should've/could've won by 30+ points.....

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by flourface2
so i guess coach reeve DID know what he was talking about after the first time we played when he said we should've/could've won by 30+ points.....

:) :clap: :clap:

chubbed_up
11-27-2004, 03:23 AM
sinton im sorry but im just gonna say the same thing everyone else is saying. congratulations boys. and yall were a lot classier than i expected with the exception of #24. and helluva job cuero

gobbler grad
11-27-2004, 03:27 AM
Cuero really played an outstanding game tonight...everyone was clicking, not just one person...this was 100% team participation...way to go guys, we are proud of each and every one of you...:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

gobbler bro #49
11-27-2004, 03:29 AM
i guess the pirates left the bonecrusher defense back in sinton......that was an awesome win for the gobblers 2 more wins and our dream will be accomplished.......i dont know much about palestine but from what i heard they are really good and fast

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
sinton im sorry but im just gonna say the same thing everyone else is saying. congratulations boys. and yall were a lot classier than i expected with the exception of #24. and helluva job cuero

okay, for real, there is no need to single anyone out... if im not mistaken, that would be considered a personal attack, which goes against the ethics and rules of this board. .. and the player you mentioned is just one of the most intense individuals on the sinton team...

pirate4state
11-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Cuero your team played a hellavu ball game!! Congrats to your team and Good Luck in the next round! Show them what Region IV is made of! :thumbsup:

To my special guys...what can I say?? You guys had a great season and continued the winning tradition Sinton is known for...reaching the Region Finals the last 4 years is no easy task and you had the great privilage of being apart of something special. :) I'm so sorry your season ended tonight in such a rough way, but like so many before me have stated...you have nothing to be ashamed of. :clap: I look forward to continued success from our underclassman and look forward to supporting you in another run to the PLAYOFFS!! :cool:

IS IT BASEBALL (Softball) SEASON YET??? :D :D :D

p.s. it is late so overlook any typos or incorrect spelling! ;)

chubbed_up
11-27-2004, 03:40 AM
sinton's #24 was an awesome player and i could tell his intensity level was higher than anyone elses on his team thats why i said that. great job 24

Gobbla2001
11-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Team speed, texasjeremy? No way... ;)

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Team speed, texasjeremy? No way... ;)

wondered where ya were...

sinton66
11-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Congratulations, Cuero, and best of luck the rest of the way. Great season, Pirates, you made the final eight, nothing to be ashamed of.

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wondered where ya were... Member #: 376

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-27-2004 04:11 AM
Wow you guys stay up late :)

AP Panther Fan
11-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Congratulations Cuero on a flawless game! You guys played like a well-oiled machine. Good luck next week!

Sinton, the Football Gods weren't smiling down on us last night, but you guys have had an awesome season and represented District 30-3a in a grand way! Be proud of your accomplishments and I will look forward to seeing you in basketball, baseball and softball.

BrahmaMom
11-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Congrats to the Cuero dynasty-sounds like you got the job done, and done well. Good luck ahead. To my friends in Sinton, I know how tough it had to be for you guys. You had a wonderful run, lots of fun, and you kept up the Pirate tradition. Lick your wounds, hold your head up, and get ready for next year!

tap_tx_sinton
11-27-2004, 10:36 AM
WTG Gobblers on a flawness night for the mean green.....you guys were great on controlling the whole game from the start.
Sorry Sinton but the gobblers just out matched us on this one........they looked and played like a championship team does......

Sinton to a great safe season to the players and family. We have baseball coming up so keep your heads up high and great job pirates........

CuErO's BiG "O"
11-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Good job Gobblers....great season sinton! But all I have to say is...it was a SHUT-OUT...ya Sinton could have made it alot closer if yall weren't playing Cuero's AWESOME defense!! Sinton had some big mistakes but give the gobblers some credit...ROUND 3 of the playoff's the Cuero Gobblers SHUT OUT a team they have already played...that says ALOT!! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Old Green
11-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Congratulations Sinton on a great season. The Pirates never gave up and fought to the end. :clap:

OK Gobblers. Nows the time to get primed for Palestine.

flourface2
11-27-2004, 11:54 AM

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:) :clap: :clap:

I hope that was your son or someone else posting there 44 and I hope that Reeves was misquoted in the paper.

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Congratulations Sinton on a great season. The Pirates never gave up and fought to the end. :clap:

OK Gobblers. Nows the time to get primed for Palestine.

Thanks Old and good luck against Palestine!

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congratulations Cuero on a flawless game! You guys played like a well-oiled machine. Good luck next week!

Sinton, the Football Gods weren't smiling down on us last night, but you guys have had an awesome season and represented District 30-3a in a grand way! Be proud of your accomplishments and I will look forward to seeing you in basketball, baseball and softball.

Thank you AP! Look forward to softball. The way this school has doubled prices basketball will be out on this guy who lives from paycheck to paycheck.:D But I will save my money to go to softball of course. Baseball I can watch free from top of the Sinton football stadium stands. Basketball is bye bye. :(

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:45 PM
To all Sinton fans and posters, you had a great football team this season, and yes, the score should have been a lot closer than it appeared.....it was just one of those days, but I look forward to seeing your baseball team this season as well, they always kill the competition down here in south texas. Again, congrats to sinton on a great season, not many can say that their only 3 losses were due to playing 2-#1 teams in state @ this point in the playoffs!
Go Gobblers!
Go Pirates!

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 01:48 PM
To all Sinton fans and posters, you had a great football team this season, and yes, the score should have been a lot closer than it appeared.....it was just one of those days, but I look forward to seeing your baseball team this season as well, they always kill the competition down here in south texas. Again, congrats to sinton on a great season, not many can say that their only 3 losses were due to playing 2-#1 teams in state @ this point in the playoffs!
Go Gobblers!
Go Pirates!

Thanks gobbler. And good luck against Palestine. Keep that No. 1 ranking and bring the state championship to region 4. You are playing for all of us now and not just your school and city.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Great Season Pirates. Seniors yall made us pride all year in the efforts yall put in to showing the underclassman what it means to be a Sinton Pirate. Is Cueros game in Round Rock?(whick stadium?)

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Congrats, Cuero, on the win.

Vrabird
11-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Great job Cuero!! You played an awsome game and I congratulate your team. Talked to a few Cuero fans after the game and your fans have just as much CLASS as your football team. Good luck next week and the rest of the way to the state championship. You deserve it. Hold your Heads up Pirates. You represented the town of Sinton well.

IHStangFan
11-27-2004, 07:23 PM
:eek: WOW...didnt see THAT coming. Congrats Cuero.....good season Sinton.

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 08:34 PM
all i can say is cuero is either freakin awesome or sinton just isnt good anymore... i feel like i wasted money cuz i really wanted to see a good game and all i got was a lopsided victory

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I hope that was your son or someone else posting there 44 and I hope that Reeves was misquoted in the paper.

Phil, I was online when that post was made, but honest to goodness, I don't recall doing that reply.. That is not something I'd be clapping to, Only thing I can think of, is my sleepy stupor I quoted the wrote post...... beats me.. but I apologize for any misunderstanding it caused.. you can read a page back my comments on the game.. My son went to bed the minute he came in so I know it wasn't him, so it had to be me but that kind of post/comment is not my style,, ..........
We just got in from the Port Isabel vs Hallettsville game - good game.. ran into TFINT and Footballgal and her hubby and took pictures with the shirt.... I'm going for a record.. most pictures with the shirt lol lol.... it was SOO NEAT... I only wish that I could of gotten to the Sinton/Cuero meet greet, but I did meet (kinda lol) Pirate4state and my husband met Pastplayer.........
Oh and I have no idea about the quote in the paper, sorry again for the misunderstanding and my apparent boo boo

SinTon_Boi_32
11-27-2004, 09:02 PM
all i can say is cuero is either freakin awesome or sinton just isnt good anymore... i feel like i wasted money cuz i really wanted to see a good game and all i got was a lopsided victory

Dude .. Do you Have any Respect

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Dude .. Do you Have any Respect

It's pretty evident that the answer to that question is NO and I apologize to those offended. Come on guys, please quit with the questionable post.......

gobbler bro #49
11-27-2004, 09:43 PM
why should he show respect when all some sinton posters did before the game was trash talk.....i think with them doin that we can rub it in a little bit

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Actually none from Sinton talked trash. Some of us had fun with kids like you. You shoudn't be allowed to post at all IMO.:o
Quoted by flourhead:

You been banned just HOW MANY TIMES??????
I've never seen a better case for manic-depressive.:rolleyes:

Flourhead
11-27-2004, 10:31 PM
i've never seen a better case for shut up you freakin idiot... gofor2 and all of yall said sinton would win by 14 and all that stuff about eating crow and we're gonna have two thanksgivings and how much sinton improved and cuero didnt and how cuero couldnt stop yall in the 4th quarter and how yall's defense shut down our sorry offense... well reeve said we should have beat yall by 30 and thats what we did +1

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 11:15 PM
i've never seen a better case for shut up you freakin idiot... gofor2 and all of yall said sinton would win by 14 and all that stuff about eating crow and we're gonna have two thanksgivings and how much sinton improved and cuero didnt and how cuero couldnt stop yall in the 4th quarter and how yall's defense shut down our sorry offense... well reeve said we should have beat yall by 30 and thats what we did +1
Again, when did YOU predict a 14 point victory by Sinton?:rolleyes:
Again, are we supposed to not say that our team improved(they had).
Again, how can ANYONE NOT draw the Gobblers and Thanksgiving as a commonality????
Again, most from Sinton said it would be a close game.
Again, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN BANNED?
Again, you can't deny being md...:o

MagicMan
11-27-2004, 11:18 PM
i think sinton lost because of the turnovers. they had some big plays but then a turnover would occur.

htowntransplant
11-27-2004, 11:45 PM
congrats to cuero on a big win and good luck against the adrian peterson-less palestine team!! hehe.....and hay, im proud of the pirates. i havent been a fan of theirs long, but ive been to a few games (aransas pass, ingleside, crystal city, and zapata games) and i must say, cuero musta had to have been damn tough to beat yall...but none the less, yall are amazing and i hope to get out to every sinton game next year and meet more of u sinton posters :D

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Congratulations Cuero. I hope you guys represent Region 4 well against Palestine

To Sinton, you guys had a great season. I saw a football team out there with lots of class and ability, and I hope for great things in school this year and in the future.

Just a question though? Was your band out of it again :)