PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 14- Decatur 13 FInal

Whsdogs
11-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Its Final Wylie moves on!!!!!!Those are my dawgs :-)

turbostud
11-26-2004, 11:03 PM
congrats on the big win.

Leopards,class of 75
11-26-2004, 11:04 PM
What a game, and what an upset knocking off #2 Decatur. Good luck to Wylie in the next round.

whereugo
11-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Congrats to Wylie - they played lights out defense and that's what it takes - good luck next week!

3afan
11-26-2004, 11:13 PM
wow!

Whsdogs
11-26-2004, 11:18 PM
who will wylie look to face next week???

whereugo
11-26-2004, 11:19 PM
should be Wylie VS Royse City

VWG
11-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Is Sandifer the man or what?
This guy goes out year in and year out and puts together a playoff run that nobody in the state can rival.
Great tradition in that Wylie program.

CRHSeagle
11-26-2004, 11:22 PM
does anybody have any stats on dane and co.?

Leopards,class of 75
Originally posted by whereugo
should be Wylie VS Royse City I believe that is correct. Royse City has a very good running game and they are hard to stop. Should be a very good game next week!

Whsdogs
oh yah...this is the 4rth year in wylies history to get to the semis though...last years team(i was on it :-) } '00 and'94 team now this one gets the chance to take it to state...lets go dawgs!

dogdad
11-26-2004, 11:23 PM
should be Wylie VS Royse City
it will be Wylie and RC
game will most likely be played at Texas Stadium
don't know yet if it will be fri or sat

should be a good match-up

whereugo
11-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
does anybody have any stats on dane and co.?

they weren't much - the game was much more lopsided than the score.

westTXbest
11-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Wylie im so proud of u knoking off the top team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

htowntransplant
11-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow!

^thats what i was gonna say just now.....but ill say it again. WOW!

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Congrats Wylie 4-3A rolls again.

westTXbest
11-26-2004, 11:43 PM
That is west Texas ball !!!!!!!! I knew wylie could beat them everybody made them out to be like college team!!!!

rhs78
11-26-2004, 11:43 PM
congrats wylie on beating a highly ranked team,keep it going next week. good luck vs royse city

JasperDog94
11-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Burnet last year. Decatur this year. Just goes to show that on any given night...

CRHSeagle
11-27-2004, 12:07 AM
like i said earlier, i wonder how many of the decatur newbies will keep posting.

slpybear the bullfan
11-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Hope someone has the stats posted on this one... or the Startlegram has 'em...

Holmes_Fans
11-27-2004, 12:30 AM
like i said earlier, i wonder how many of the decatur newbies will keep posting. hopefully none, they're not as bad as the decatur 'bandwagon' newbies though...

olddawggreen
11-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow!

ditto, and condolences to my friends in Decatur, you had a really great year.

Old Cardinal
11-27-2004, 01:08 AM
I don't think anyone is really surprised to see Wylie win, they have an outstanding team!

SintonFan
11-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Goodness! Most on here would admit they would be hard pressed to predict this.
Congratulations Wylie!

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:28 AM
All I hafta say is WOW!...Way to go Wylie. Sorry I am more shocked than most, but I'm further down in south texas than most of you...although I wanted to see if cuero could match up w/ decatur, I'm kinda curious what wylie brings to the table! Congrats again on a good win....just proves once more that it's hard to beat a good team twice in one season.....just glad cuero was able to do that tonight!

Ranger05
11-27-2004, 01:32 AM
congrats to wylie on the win, thats west texas smash mouth football for u

jlwzz
11-27-2004, 02:02 AM
they weren't much - the game was much more lopsided than the score. i dont think you where at the game, Decatur was the better team. yea they made mistakes that cost them.

pero chato
11-27-2004, 02:06 AM
Both teams played their hearts out. Wylie's defense made the plays in the second half to secure the win. I've lost my voice and I'm too tired to type anymore. Good night. District 4-3a rolls again! Way to go TIGERs, MUSTANGS, and BULLDOGS!

jmcgee
11-27-2004, 02:18 AM
this is like in the movies.

Olddawgfan
11-27-2004, 02:42 AM
The Better Team took home the Gold ball!!

KTJ
11-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Wow!

Congrats to Wylie!

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by jlwzz
i dont think you where at the game, Decatur was the better team. yea they made mistakes that cost them.

typical Decatur reply.

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2004, 03:27 AM
yeah... wow...... uhh.... wow..... not much else to say. . . its a shocking night

pirate4state
11-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
Its Final Wylie moves on!!!!!!Those are my dawgs :-) WOW!! :eek: Congrats to Wylie on the big win! :clap: Great season Decatur!! WOW!! :eek: I think now, I'm going to bed! G'nite!! :D

whereugo
11-27-2004, 07:59 AM
like i said earlier, i wonder how many of the decatur newbies will keep posting.

You may be young CR, but you catch on quick - I'm thinking they'll disappear as in the past - Chief is the only one who stays - I will say this - he is true blue and loyal.

whereugo
11-27-2004, 08:02 AM
i dont think you where at the game, Decatur was the better team. yea they made mistakes that cost them.

FYI - champ - listened on the radio - GREAT DEFENSE by the dawgs - made their own breaks - and played tough. Most of the time mistakes are caused by presuure from the other team and that's what Wylie did - they brung it, therefore - they took it home.

Bullaholic
11-27-2004, 10:03 AM
The correct word here is- WOW!---never saw this one coming. Abilene Wylie proved they have the "heart" of a potential champion. Congrats to Wylie players, coaches, and fans on a great victory over a tremendous Decatur Eagle team.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-27-2004, 10:20 AM
this was a shock and a slap in the face. i still dont believe it happened. congrats to both teams on the successful seasons, and good luck to wylie next week :clap:

44INAROW
11-27-2004, 10:33 AM
I have not read the game summary, but I did see somewhere that Decatur went for 1 instead of 2 when the touchdown made it 14-12.... If indeed that is true, that sounds like a strange decision to me. Why not go to 2? :confused:

imahoser
11-27-2004, 11:04 AM
damn right, 4 3a is still alive. congrats on the win wylie. good luck as yall advance to the next round. Go take state

wildstangs
11-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Huge win for Wylie. Sandefer continues to prove that he is one of the best coaches in not only 3A, but all classifications.

I know people will argue with this, but tradition is huge in these close games. Teams that are in the playoffs year in and year have a great advantage over "new" playoff schools.

Its been a great run for Decatur. I am anxious to see how they do in the upcoming years.

Chris Hart
11-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Looking at the box score/stats, I'd say the better team lost this game. Congrats to Wylie on the win that's all that counts. But not always does the best team win, on any given friday. Good season Decatur!

Olddawgfan
11-27-2004, 12:24 PM
The stats will not tell you everything about a game, even the score may not tell you how the game actually went and what your team did last week has nothing what so ever to do with the game you are playing tonight.
The only real truth is the team that plays best that night will win!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm shocked! Can not believe this one. Vet has always said that Wylie's team gets better every week. I wonder if Godbolt goinging down last week hurt the running game of Decatur?

Congrats to Wylie and as a West Texas Boy, I hope you guys win it all. I know if I were on the team, I would feel very good about my coaching staff. Must have been a heck of a game plan.

Olddawgfan
11-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Z, Godbolt played the whole game and did not look hurt at all. When he did get the ball he ran very fast and very hard. Not sure what was suppose to be wrong but he looked healthy.

HighSchool Fan
11-27-2004, 03:21 PM
very seldom does a passing team win big games. it's to hard to control the clock. i would almost bet that any team that has only 21 yards rushing would lose against another good team.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Looks like the Bulldog defense just out played the Eagle offense.

I'm glad that region I has teams like decatur and Wylie. Great programs.

DHSeaglesDMAN
11-27-2004, 09:54 PM

thats right...i was down there in pads...we had a hell of a better team. we just didnt come to play..weve played in stephenville 2 of the last 3 years and lost. its just somethin about that place that makes us play for **** . but i really think if we would have came to play and didnt make half the mistakes we did make...the game would be A LOT different...

Sorry, that word is not allowed here!!

~Ranger Mom

wildstangs
11-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by DHSeaglesDMAN
thats right...i was down there in pads...we had a hell of a better team. we just didnt come to play..weve played in stephenville 2 of the last 3 years and lost. its just somethin about that place that makes us play for ****. but i really think if we would have came to play and didnt make half the mistakes we did make...the game would be A LOT different...

Maybe you guys just got beat by better teams two of the last three years in The Ville?

Olddawgfan
11-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Why did you not come to play?

Ranger Mom
11-27-2004, 10:17 PM
thats right...i was down there in pads...we had a hell of a better team. we just didnt come to play..weve played in stephenville 2 of the last 3 years and lost. its just somethin about that place that makes us play for **** . but i really think if we would have came to play and didnt make half the mistakes we did make...the game would be A LOT different...

~Ranger Mom

No offense, but that is the EXACT same thing we heard in 2002 when Sweetwater defeated Decatur!!

whereugo
11-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I would have to say the best team did win - if anybody else would have played defense like that against Decatur this year - the outcome might have been different. Wylie played vicious defense and it paid off for them - congrats again - y'all are some tough kids.

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Wylie vrs. R.C. should be a great match-up for Friday night. I would love to see this game. Good luck to both teams.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-27-2004, 11:59 PM
You may be young CR, but you catch on quick - I'm thinking they'll disappear as in the past - Chief is the only one who stays - I will say this - he is true blue and loyal.

I don't know if I consider myself a newbie. I have been on this site for about 2 years now, at least reading that long. I'm not going anywhere. I bleed blue, I love our players, our school, and our community. I think the Decatur fans are probably stunned so badly right now, they don't want to talk much. I know it took me 24 hours to even log back on to the site, and I'm still choked up about last night. Congrats to all of our team on a great season. You didn't reach your final goal, but you accomplished a great deal in the process. One loss does not a loser make. I believe you are all winners because you believed all night long that you were going to find a way to win it until the last play. Btw, for those wondering Dane had around 350 yards passing, at least thats what the paper said this morning. I am not going to say anything else about the game, because I don't want to take anything away from Wylie. They played awesome, nothing like the team we saw early in the season. Great job Bulldogs.

If you would like to hear ramblings about the game from me, please pm me.

jmcgee
11-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I don't know if I consider myself a newbie. I have been on this site for about 2 years now, at least reading that long. I'm not going anywhere. I bleed blue, I love our players, our school, and our community. I think the Decatur fans are probably stunned so badly right now, they don't want to talk much. I know it took me 24 hours to even log back on to the site, and I'm still choked up about last night. Congrats to all of our team on a great season. You didn't reach your final goal, but you accomplished a great deal in the process. One loss does not a loser make. I believe you are all winners because you believed all night long that you were going to find a way to win it until the last play. Btw, for those wondering Dane had around 350 yards passing, at least thats what the paper said this morning. I am not going to say anything else about the game, because I don't want to take anything away from Wylie. They played awesome, nothing like the team we saw early in the season. Great job Bulldogs.

If you would like to hear ramblings about the game from me, please pm me.
Your the type of fan i expect to see from a texas high scholl giving respect not making excuses unlike dhseagle and i respect you for that. I hope you and decatur have another great season next year.

jmcgee
11-28-2004, 03:13 AM

~Ranger Mom
The better team always wins quit making excuses
You have to make mistakes for a reason and Wylie's defence was that.

Roll'em up
11-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Here is some statistical information for everyone to chew on and ponder. This information comes from the news paper.

Decatur gained a total of 386 yards of offense (366 yards passing). Decatur drove the ball inside of or to the Wylie 25 8 out of 10 possessions.

Wylie gained a total of 225 yards of offense.

The diffence maker in this game was turnovers. Decatur turned the ball over twice, once in each half when they were sure of at least a field goal. Also there was what appeared to be a blocked field goal.

With that all said, Decatur should have won this game, but the Wylie defense came up with the plays when they had to. Congratulations the them and job well done.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have not read the game summary, but I did see somewhere that Decatur went for 1 instead of 2 when the touchdown made it 14-12.... If indeed that is true, that sounds like a strange decision to me. Why not go to 2? :confused:

From what I heard on the radio, that was in the 3rd quarter and the coach was probably thinking there was time left to put some more on the board.

Don't you know he's got to be kicking himself in the butt right about now??

HighSchool Fan
11-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

if he's not, maybe the players are:D

dear_whoever
11-28-2004, 02:36 PM
well i dont feel like reading everything cuz i dont like to read paragraphs, so ima just ask, it may have already been said, but is wylie just that good or did decatur have an off game

Gobbler Fan
11-28-2004, 02:39 PM
*any given Friday* .....you do know this killed my pick em's in our Playoff picks

whereugo
11-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dear_whoever
well i dont feel like reading everything cuz i dont like to read paragraphs, so ima just ask, it may have already been said, but is wylie just that good or did decatur have an off game

Wylie was that good that night - they made the plays and forced situations - they came out with desire and wanted the game - thye played tough defense.

44INAROW
11-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
From what I heard on the radio, that was in the 3rd quarter and the coach was probably thinking there was time left to put some more on the board.

Don't you know it..
Underwater Basketweaver is a class act for his comments.. Nice job..

Whsdogs
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
and the funny thing is that no one though of this team to do as good this year bith the tough district same as they thought last years team that went to the semis and will probably think of next years team...but i guess i cant complain cause most people will keep lookin past wylie as they keep rolling

lobo12
11-28-2004, 07:30 PM
the better team won the game, whoever wins is the better team that night and wylie was better and you cant take that away from them even if you feel like yoiu should have won

jason
11-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if he's not, maybe the players are:D or players' parents

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I did get tickled listening to folks at WalMart the next day. I heard two different folks talk about the "crazy calls" Coach Story was making.

IMHO, Coach Story has done an incredible job... LOL, HS Football, ya gotta love it.

Adidas410s
11-28-2004, 10:20 PM
I see his decision as this:

The coach has a team that is averaging approx 50pts/game. They have been shutout in the 1st half until a 48 second drive nets them a field goal. Sandifer decides to again take the wind in the 3rd quarter and Decatur takes the ball down the field before being stopped at the 10 and kicking another FG. Decatur's defense is finally playing its best and gets a quick 3 and out of Wylie and then the offense drives down the field and scores a TD...the offense finally clicking on all cylinders. He thinks "heck at this rate we will probably score another 2 or 3 TD's so we dont need to risk giving Wylie any momentum if we DON'T get the 2-pt conversion." So he takes the XP. Initially, this looks ok because again they hold Wylie 3 and out. Now Decatur quickly moves down the field to the 25 yd line as the 4th quarter begins. Wylie's defense gets its 2nd stop of the half and forces Decatur to attempt a FG. Wylie then blocks the FG and thus FINALLY getting some momentum...albeit short lived as Decatur forces a 3 and out and Wylie's worst punt of the night (only 28 yds to the Decatur 48 yd line). Then the wheels come off as Decatur fumbles through the back of the endzone and Wylie is able to fend off their last ditch attempt and run out the clock...

Obviously, all of us can sit here and second guess the coach's decision. I feel sorry for him because I know many people in Decatur will question it for years to come if Decatur does not have another team of this caliber in the future. However, based on the information he had available, he made a sound decision at the time. It was both an intelligent and conservative decision that came back to bite them in the rear...

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Good analysis, Addidas.

SintonFan
11-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Love the signature Adidas410s!;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Normally I would agree with Adidas but not on this one. You are down by two, there is such a thing as a two point conversion, if you make it it is tied if you don't your in no worse spot than if you made one point. Bad coaching decision.

When down by two go for two period.

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Love the signature Adidas410s!;)

Dang, SintonFan, I thought for a moment you were talking about mine!

Adidas410s
11-28-2004, 10:46 PM
I agree because personally I would go for 2 in the situation...however I can see his reasoning in not wanting to give Wylie any momentum because it was VERY evident that they were feeding off of it in the 1st half with all of the pressure that their defense was getting on Dane and with the effectiveness that the offense was having that they DIDNT have in the first game...but like I said I would have gone for 2!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Your right about all the people second guessing him at Wal Mart and such. I know he feels terrible. Not for himself but for the players. Goes with the profession.

SintonFan
11-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Dang, SintonFan, I thought for a moment you were talking about mine!
Sorry slpy, but I had just eaten earlier. I am getting a little hungry again.:D

Underwater Basketweaver
11-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Don't you know it..
Underwater Basketweaver is a class act for his comments.. Nice job..

Thank you, I appreciate that.

swatersenior
11-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
and the funny thing is that no one though of this team to do as good this year bith the tough district same as they thought last years team that went to the semis and will probably think of next years team...but i guess i cant complain cause most people will keep lookin past wylie as they keep rolling

HAHA complain all ya want about not gettin respect lol sweetwater was never ranked lol and it looks like our district may just be alil tougher than everyone thought so maybe them looking past us and getting beat taught them a lesson....and as many others have said.....looks like 4-3A's still rollin (and ill be at the game if yall make it to state....given that ti wouldnt be on the same night as ours if we make it)

LALK
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Normally I would agree with Adidas but not on this one. You are down by two, there is such a thing as a two point conversion, if you make it it is tied if you don't your in no worse spot than if you made one point. Bad coaching decision.

When down by two go for two period.

i disagree with this because of the fact if you miss the 2-point conversion then you are down by 2...if wylie is able to score the touchdown...and get their extra point...then its a 2 posession ball game with not that much time left...the coach opted to be down by one...decatur had a great defensive effort and they were able to stop wylie...and had a couple of chances to score...but wylies hammering defense made them make mistakes...great job guys

another thing...i'm tired of hearing all you people say that if you look at the stats you'll see that the best team didn't win this game...i've seen the stats...DecatOur-approx 386 yards...366 in the air...Wylie-approx 225 yards...but even though DecatOur had more yards...there's still one stat that I can't get out of my head....Wylie-14 DecatOur-13...obviously the best team did win according to the stats

thank you

LALK
11-29-2004, 10:30 PM
and notice the word "approx"...which means close to...they aren't exact so don't try to be smart and correct them

Whsdogs
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
and to add somethin else...even though the game is a week over..you can throw 400 yards passing or whatever and get to that 20 yard line everytime but its what u do after u get in that 20 yard line that counts