PDA

View Full Version : Can Wharton and Cuero schedule a predistrict match-up?

Gobbla2001
12-16-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm still on a high from that game, I know we lost, but DAYUM that was an awesome game...

turbostud
12-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Only if Sinton and Port Isabel do.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Those would be some good games...

I actually do not want to see Cuero/PI...

OF course I'll go for Cuero, but man, going against Coach Stumbaugh? That'd take some time...

GOFOR2
12-16-2003, 10:34 PM
I would take Cuero by 20.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-16-2003, 11:02 PM
I don't know.....I mean, Sinton and Raymondville SEEM to have a lil' rivalry going on now, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see those two schedule each other again.

I HAVE heard the rumor that Cuero and Port Isabel are going to schedule each other. I think it's great that Port Isabel is seeking to toughen up their non-district schedule. I was thrilled that PI scheduled La Vernia this season, but from what I understand, it was a one-time deal.

I think Port Isabel has to wait until after realignment before setting up their non-district schedule, mainly because one of the 4A teams in the schedule, Los Fresnos, is in danger of becoming 5A. IF it happens, then Port Isabel will need to find another team to schedule for non-district. Falfurrias has been a good non-district opponent for Port Isabel, so they'll probably be on the schedule. 4A PSJA Memorial is also close to the 5A level, so there's a chance that Port Isabel's non-district schedule will look VERY different. I'd love to see Cuero, 4A Edcouch-Elsa, Sinton, and Falfurrias on the non=district schedule.

Old Green
12-17-2003, 12:37 AM
That would be a great matchup. Cuero has a habit of scheduling teams they play in the playoffs.

I would like to see them schedule 4A Gregoty-Portland.

Pudlugger
12-17-2003, 08:15 AM
I want a two year series with La Grange and Cuero. That would be a great season openner.

Old Green
12-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Pudlugger:
I want a two year series with La Grange and Cuero. That would be a great season openner.That would be a great matchup too. It has been about 8 years since we have played in a pre-district scheduled.

crabman
12-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Coach Reeve is having great difficulty scheduling games for next year. Cuero dropped Rice because they have no freshmen team. Rockport dropped Cuero and I think Sinton dropped Cuero. Reeve is looking heavily to the 4A/5A ranks for opponents. He has one possibility with Sweeny. Just a maybe.

Phil C
12-17-2003, 04:37 PM
I don't know if Sinton dropped Cuero or not but I do know that the big rivalry that Sinton had with Odem was missed since the two towns are only 7 miles apart and they played some good games.

Phil C
12-17-2003, 04:39 PM
I was hoping Sinton would drop Gregory-Portland because we had key injuries in that game the last two years so that the games are not worth it.

jason
12-17-2003, 05:04 PM
i heard burnet v. everman might happen in week 2...

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Cuero dropped Rice from schedule cause Rice was kicking the crap out of Cuero every year. Matter of fact, Cuero sure did have some problems with those 28-3A teams didnt they?

44INAROW
12-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Bestdamsportsshowperiod:
Cuero dropped Rice from schedule cause Rice was kicking the crap out of Cuero every year. Matter of fact, Cuero sure did have some problems with those 28-3A teams didnt they?True Rice beat the varsity. But the team we had truouble with in the playoffs, beat the crap out of RICE. So you are comparing Apples to Oranges on that one. But I'd go head to head with the Freshman anyday of the week.. Oh wait.. nevermind, after the thrashing Cuero gave Rice in the 7th grade we never saw that matchup again. Rice never seems to "have a team" that week. Cuero dropped Rice cause it was a hassle to find a team to play the lower classes.

bc 76
12-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Gobbla2001 Coach Reeves could play Bay City next year,would be a good test for Cuero.Bay City returns 9 defense starters off a 14-2 team.

44INAROW
12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
bc 76:
Gobbla2001 Coach Reeves could play Bay City next year,would be a good test for Cuero.Bay City returns 9 defense starters off a 14-2 team.That would be a good test for sure. Does BC have open dates the 1st 2 weeks?

bc 76
12-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Last year Bay City played CC Carrol & West Orange Stark the first and second game i don't see them playing Carrol again so the first game could be open.It would be very good game Bay City O C is an ex Cuero coach.

Buccaneer
12-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Sinton and Bellville will play in the Alamodome in the HEB Classic in week 0.

Burnet Dawg06
12-21-2003, 11:36 PM
jason:
i heard burnet v. everman might happen in week 2...wow that would be pretty cool

District303aPastPlayer
12-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Buccaneer:
Any truth to the rumor that Sinton and Bellville will play in the Alamodome in the HEB Classic in week 0.we will find out in a couple of months when DCTHSF comes out,or when he releases the names of the teams.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-22-2003, 07:32 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

Buccaneer:
Any truth to the rumor that Sinton and Bellville will play in the Alamodome in the HEB Classic in week 0.we will find out in a couple of months when DCTHSF comes out,or when he releases the names of the teams.I heard that the people from the HEB Classic were so impressed with the turnout from the RGV representative this season, Donna, that they're going to invite another Rio Grande Valley team to the HEB Classic, from what I have heard, it'll be the Harlingen Cardinals.

bc 76
12-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I would like to see a Burnet BullDogs vs Bay City Blackcats match up at the HEB Classic in zero week.