PDA

View Full Version : Texas 26 A & M 13 Final

ILS1
11-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Total domination by the Texas D. 8 sacks and about 20 knockdowns of QB Reggie McNeal. And only allow 1 offensive TD. Cedric Benson had 33 carries for 165 yards and 1 TD. Vince Young had 19 carries for 93 yards and 1 TD. Great job Horns!!! WHOOPED that Gaggie arse!!!

Let's watch our language, please.

:)

vet93
11-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Great performance by the o-line and d-line for Texas. They totally dominated...particularly in the second half. Reggie didn't have a chance and vince/cedric had running lanes all day. As tough of a loss as it is for the Aggies...they still made great strides this season and I am looking forward for bigger and better things next year! Congratulations on a great Victory for the Longhorns.

shankbear
11-26-2004, 07:57 PM
I just got the score where I am staying in France. Haven't been able to get online for quite a while. Great news for the HORNS!!!!!!

I am football starved. Belgium and France play commie football.

ILS1
11-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Well,since you are so "football starved" as you put it. Here's the story/game summary/stats of the game from the Official University of Texas sports website. Good luck in France.

BTW,that "commie football" line was classic!!!

Texas Sports Website (www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/releases/2004_05/005/112604_30.html)

htowntransplant
11-26-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah that goalline fumble by texas at the end of the half was bologne....but o well. a win is a win. i was predicting a 35-28 game, but overall, a better defensive game than i thought.....and y wasnt the game in college station??? i thought they were in texas last year....i guess not

JasperDog94
11-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
WHOOPED that Gaggie arse!!!

:) Come on now. Show some class in the win.

Buckeye80
11-27-2004, 12:28 AM
WHOOPED that Gaggie arse!!!
:)

BOO!!!:mad:

Be a man about it at least you ignorant wretch!

ILS1
11-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Come on now. Show some class in the win.

Ya'll were the one's talking all the trash all week. Reggie's gonna does this and Reggie's gonna do that. A & M's gonna put 9 in the box and shut down Cedric!! Sound familiar?? Why can't ya'll LOSE with class??

:eek:

Ranger05
11-27-2004, 02:16 AM
congrats to the horns and what a turn around by a&m

KTJ
11-27-2004, 02:56 AM
ILS1

Dude, be a real Longhorn and accept the win. It was a great game and I still don't have a voice.

I'll post more either tomorrow or Sunday.

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 03:25 AM
Hey KTJ are you going to make the Texas vs Texas Tech volleyball game tonight (Saturday) at 6:00 P.M. A great week for you. Turkey for lunch on Thursday noon then Big win for the Lady Horns on Thursday night. Texas beats A&M on Friday and then Volleyball on Saturday! You gotta love it!!

PhiI C
11-27-2004, 01:46 PM
By the way what is commie football. Is it played in China or Cuba. Since the early 1990s they are I think the only communist countries around and I am not sure that Cuba is more of a dictatorship.

sinton66
11-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Come on Phil, we've told you at least a dozen times. SOCCER is commie football.

CHSBaseball07
11-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Texas DOMINATED all game long.........the score couldve been MUCH worse again........even though it was close at some points.....this game was never close...lol..does that make sense?

JasperDog94
11-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Ya'll were the one's talking all the trash all week. Reggie's gonna does this and Reggie's gonna do that. A & M's gonna put 9 in the box and shut down Cedric!! Sound familiar?? Why can't ya'll LOSE with class??

:eek: You do know I'm a longhorn fan...right?:doh:

onfirebball05mustang
11-27-2004, 03:51 PM
A nice victory for the Horns! I was hopeful with the last play at the half...but congrats to the horns! We tried, but there's always next year! :D

good luck to the lady horns tonight--enjoy the game, Phil!

JasperDog94
11-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
A nice victory for the Horns! I was hopeful with the last play at the half...but congrats to the horns! We tried, but there's always next year! :D

good luck to the lady horns tonight--enjoy the game, Phil! You see ILS1? This is how it's done. When the game is over, act like a man (or woman if that's what you are) and win/lose with class.

Great post 05!:clap: :clap: :clap:

onfirebball05mustang
11-27-2004, 06:13 PM
thanks 94!

chugbug
11-29-2004, 11:30 AM
The Aggie football program is on its way back. However they will have to wait until next year to have another shot at the Horns. Go Horns. Maybe those Idiots at the BCS will take note. Probably not.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

Panther Ross
11-29-2004, 11:46 AM

:eek:

We knew we were going to get beat. We did really well in Austin. Since Texas is so great. Remember that Texas is ranked 5th in the nation and this is a rivalry game and in Austin. Texas should have beaten us by at 28+. They didn't, but I promise Texas will get beat by more than 14 next season that is a guarantee.

KTJ
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
They didn't, but I promise Texas will get beat by more than 14 next season that is a guarantee.

By who?

KTJ
11-29-2004, 11:53 AM
We knew we were going to get beat. We did really well in Austin. Since Texas is so great. Remember that Texas is ranked 5th in the nation and this is a rivalry game and in Austin. Texas should have beaten us by at 28+. They didn't, but I promise Texas will get beat by more than 14 next season that is a guarantee.

And I don't mean to beat a dead horse, BUT...

Were you not one of the Aggies on this website proclaiming that you would beat UT last weekend in Austin? So how can you go from saying that you will be us to now saying that we should have beaten you by 28 points? You're now arguing how we didn't beat you enough? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Panther Ross
11-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
And I don't mean to beat a dead horse, BUT...

Were you not one of the Aggies on this website proclaiming that you would beat UT last weekend in Austin? So how can you go from saying that you will be us to now saying that we should have beaten you by 28 points? You're now arguing how we didn't beat you enough? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

No I knew from day one that the aggies would not be able to beat Texas. This is a rival game and the Aggies were not good enough, however when i said 28+ I was talking about how everyone was saying Texas is such a great and magnificent team. Some people on here think that Longhorn football is from God or something.

Panther Ross
11-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
By who?

By the aggies. I promise on that day, if Texas beats the aggies, I will say bring that up. But the aggies played in Austin. that is another reason why Longhorns I think should have done better.

big daddy russ
11-29-2004, 11:59 AM
It really sucks that UT isn't going to a big bowl. They get better as the year goes on, and that says a lot considering that they only lost to the second-ranked team in the nation. If they played OU again at the end of any given year, this one or last year, they'd have a great shot at beating them.

I'd love to see #5 and #2b (Auburn) go at it. That would be one hell of a game. UT would put up more of a fight than Boston College or Miami.

big daddy russ
11-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Were you not one of the Aggies on this website proclaiming that you would beat UT last weekend in Austin?... I think I was the ringleader of that circus.

The crow was a little tough.

KTJ
11-29-2004, 12:01 PM
No I knew from day one that the aggies would not be able to beat Texas. This is a rival game and the Aggies were not good enough, however when i said 28+ I was talking about how everyone was saying Texas is such a great and magnificent team. Some people on here think that Longhorn football is from God or something.

If I remember correctly, I predicted we'd when by 21 or 22 (UT-42, A&M 20) beause I knew how we usually break out in the 2nd half. (see Okie State/UT game)

And, yeah, some people do think the Longhorn football team is magnificent, because they are. 10-1 is something to be proud of. But don't sit there and act like Aggie fans don't do it either. Once A&M got on a roll, you guys acted as if you'd win every game and kept telling UT fans on this site how horrible their team was and that you'd "roll all over them" when we played.

BIGGBROTHER
11-29-2004, 01:00 PM
buahahahahahahahah

Bulldog_12
11-29-2004, 01:00 PM
I know I was one that said we would win in Austin. I was riding a serious high at halftime.:D Not to take anything away from the Horns, seeing as they played a great second half, but I dont even think the Aggies showed up for the second half. The first was a great defensive half for A&M, but then we came out and just got worn down due to the offense playing horribly in the second half. I think A&M was satisfied with the halftime lead and just got on the bus and went back to college station leaving the scout team behind. I was very disappointed with the second half due to the fact that I know they can play soooo much better than they did. Oh well, theres always next year. And what about that crazy safety call????? Any ideas on that? That was wild, even the commentators were clueless on that.

CHSBaseball07
11-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Texas' O Line and D Line Dominated....pressure on McNeal all day...i give him credit though..any other QB woulda fell and said enoughs enough and acted like they were hurt and got off the field....he is a true player

panther power
11-29-2004, 07:07 PM
those t-sips are no class having people, burnt orange is one sick color, and good luck in the COTTON bowl!

U.T.- Where the girls are girls and the guys are too!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Sounds like someone lost some money on that game.

PhiI C
11-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by panther power
those t-sips are no class having people, burnt orange is one sick color, and good luck in the COTTON bowl!

U.T.- Where the girls are girls and the guys are too!

Soud like someone's sn needs to be changed to pathos! :D

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 10:34 AM

U.T.- Where the girls are girls and the guys are too! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (sigh) So much for being civil.:(

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 10:35 AM
U.T.- Where the girls are girls and the guys are too! I bet you all the tea in China you wouldn't have the guts to say that to Derrick Johnson's face.:tongue:

vet93
11-30-2004, 10:43 AM
JD....I don't know where this guy came from but he doesn't represent the aggies on the board. Most of the aggies that regularly post on the board have been respectflul and complimentary after the game (as have the UT fans). I appreciate your policing the UT fan that showed no class earlier and I will do the same for Panther Power.

Panther Power...please show some class and represent your team like a champion. You can root for the aggies and not downgrade other teams at the same time.

Originally posted by JasperDog94
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (sigh) So much for being civil.:(

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Agreed. We can still have fun and be civil about it.:)

Panther Ross
11-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
If I remember correctly, I predicted we'd when by 21 or 22 (UT-42, A&M 20) beause I knew how we usually break out in the 2nd half. (see Okie State/UT game)

And, yeah, some people do think the Longhorn football team is magnificent, because they are. 10-1 is something to be proud of. But don't sit there and act like Aggie fans don't do it either. Once A&M got on a roll, you guys acted as if you'd win every game and kept telling UT fans on this site how horrible their team was and that you'd "roll all over them" when we played.

When Texas plays some good teams in non conference come and tell me. Big 12 has gotten weak here recently. Only really good is Oklahoma, Texas is solid, and Aggies are good. Tech is good when they want to be. All the other teams just suck. 10-1 is a great season but Texas needs to try to play better teams. Yes I know Aggies got beat by Baylor, and some are now saying that the Aggies suck, but did Oklahoma suck when the Aggies beat them? (Trying to stay one step ahead incase anybody tries to post anything about that.)

sinton66
11-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Games been over for a week now, let's move on folks.

Panther Ross
11-30-2004, 11:33 AM
So. it's a rival

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Texas is playing Ohio state next year. Is that tough enough for you?

Bulldog_12
11-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Nice, but we got a tougher opponent than you guys do next year. We decided to step it up a notch and schedule SMU. What then??????

Phil C
11-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Games been over for a week now, let's move on folks.

What 66 means is let's discuss the NCAA women's final soccer matches this weekend! :D

JasperDog94
11-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What 66 means is let's discuss the NCAA women's final soccer matches this weekend! :D uhhhh....no.:p

Panther Ross
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Texas is playing Ohio state next year. Is that tough enough for you?

OHIO STATE!? THEY SUCK! I hope you are kidding around or something because they suck horribly.

KTJ
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
As sinton said earlier, the game is over.

Why must you continuously degrage the UT program? You have no justification for doing so. But since you insist, let's take a look at the Texas A&M OOC schedule for next year:

Clemson
SMU
Texas State

Ohio State did win the MNC a few years ago as well as beat Michigan this year.
Are they good? Yes.
Are they great? No.
Are they a formidiable opponent? Yes.
Are they better than SMu, T-State, and Clemson? Yes.

Phil C
12-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Why must you continuously degrage the UT program? You have no justification for doing so. But since you insist, let's take a look at the Texas A&M OOC schedule for next year:

Clemson
SMU
Texas State

Are they good? Yes.
Are they great? No.

We have to remember that Clemson did win the National Championship in the 80s. Texas State also won the Division 2 National Championship about 20 years ago too. And SMU had some great teams in the 80s and Doak Walker and SMU were really rolling in the 1940s plus Don Meredith went to SMU.

Phil C
12-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Plus KTJ we also have to remember that Clemson beat Ohio State about 16 years ago in the last football game that Ohio State Woody Hayes coached.

Bulldog_12
12-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I am pretty disappointed with the schedule for next year. I liked this years alright, it wasn't the absolute best, but it was good enough. I just don't think SMU and T-state will help us much on our road to being good again. But then again, I didnt think Baylor would be a problem either.

big daddy russ
12-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Clemson
SMU
Texas State

Are they good? Yes.
Are they great? No.
Are they better than SMu, T-State, and Clemson? Yes. OSU was in rebuilding mode this year. They'll be one of the toughest teams in the country next year... those recruiting classes they've been bringing in since '03 are just starting to fill up that roster.

They'll be top-10 going into next season.

CHSBaseball07
12-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Im glad we are playing O. State next year...a good tough opponent to get us ready for the Big 12

Phil C
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Im glad we are playing O. State next year...a good tough opponent to get us ready for the Big 12

But CHS even if you win with the BCS you really lose! That BCS has got to go. It doesn't work! It can't be fixed! It needs to be taken to the trash can and simply walked away from. Then we need to have a real playoff system like Division 2 and 3 football.

CHSBaseball07
12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT PHIL C!!!!!!

KTJ
12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Russ

I heard A&M was trying to get Texas State off the schedule? Is that still true?

And the OOC schedule for UT and A&M next year isn't near as bad as it is for Tech. Wow.

Phil, those teams may have won things back in the day, but that doesn't account for anything right now. Look at Notre Dame...

CHSBaseball07
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I misread that....i thought it said North Texas for A&M...TEXAS STATE???? ARE YOU KIDDIN ME LOL

Panther Ross
12-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Clemson
SMU
Texas State

Are they good? Yes.
Are they great? No.

MNC? Congratulations on winning nothing Ohio State. Clemson could beat them. Yes Aggie' s preseason has gotten weak next season, I will agree. Give props for Clemson hanging with Flordia State a while and then beating Miami in their own house.
(Ohio State)

Are they good? Not really.
Are they great? Exact opposite of great.
Are they a formidiable opponent? For Baylor.

JasperDog94
12-02-2004, 02:14 PM

(Ohio State)

Are they a formidiable opponent? For Baylor. lol...

CHSBaseball07
12-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Panther Ross your saying at the end there exactly fits A&M...... and Ohio State could beat Clemson.....and A&M is the only team that is a good opponent for Baylor to beat........

big daddy russ
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Russ

I heard A&M was trying to get Texas State off the schedule? Is that still true?

And the OOC schedule for UT and A&M next year isn't near as bad as it is for Tech. Wow.

Phil, those teams may have won things back in the day, but that doesn't account for anything right now. Look at Notre Dame... I've heard that, but haven't got anything substantial. Just rumors as far as I'm concerned.

Nonetheless, I'm sure the university saw what happened with Auburn this year (the Citadel matchup) and realize that they need to get a I-A program on there if they're serious about making a run. They have enough talent returning to make a run at a BCS bowl, so they'd better make the best of it.

big daddy russ
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
MNC? Congratulations on winning nothing Ohio State. Clemson could beat them. Yes Aggie' s preseason has gotten weak next season, I will agree. Give props for Clemson hanging with Flordia State a while and then beating Miami in their own house.
(Ohio State)

Are they a formidiable opponent? For Baylor. Hey Ross, have you seen who OSU has coming back? They'll lose a couple of seniors, but the kids who take their spots will be upgrades. That game will be just as tough for UT as the OU game. I hate OSU with a passion, but they have a better shot than anyone at winning the Big Ten. Yes, that includes Michigan.

Panther Ross
12-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Panther Ross your saying at the end there exactly fits A&M...... and Ohio State could beat Clemson.....and A&M is the only team that is a good opponent for Baylor to beat........

Are you saying this because you just want to disagree or what? I can't wait to see Baylor vs. A&M. You will know that A&M is better and that Baylor winning this past season (which they have not beaten the aggies in 14-16 yrs. on of those years) was just an accident. It is going to be like another Aggies vs. Oklahoma, belive me. I would come out ready to play if the Aggies beat me 73-10.