PDA

View Full Version : Prediction - IP v Snyder

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 12:19 PM
The more I have thought about this, I just don't see this one as close as I originally thought. I don't think Snyder has seen an offense as balanced and versitile as IP.

IP 30
Snyder 14

BTW, any of you Snyder folks know of a radio station that will be carrying this game that streams on the internet?

Ktulu345
11-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I think this game is going to be a hard fought battle. I think synder has the edge on size (as usual for anyone against IP) , but IP is very well coached and knows how to overcome adversity. I think it will come down to who wants it more, and I think no one has more heart than Iowa Park.

vet93
11-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Looking at head to head matchups between 4-3a and 5-3a gives 4-3a a 2-1 head to head record against 5-3a opponents. In the two games that the 4-3a opponent won....they won by an average of 2 touchdowns+. In the one game that 4-3a lost...they only lost by 1 point. These stats tell me that 4-3a is a little stronger district and that I should give the edge to Snyder in this game. I have all the respect in the world for IP....after all they put the whoop on my Bearcats last year...but I stand by the stats and give the edge to Snyder in a close one.

VWG
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Ball control is a key to this game for the Tigers. IP's only loss came to a Vernon team that ate up the clock like a cow eating grass. Slow and deliberate.
Iowa Park's defense will have to shut down their running game.
If Snyder can run the ball effectively then Snyder wins the game.

GreenMonster
11-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The more I have thought about this, I just don't see this one as close as I originally thought. I don't think Snyder has seen an offense as balanced and versitile as IP.

IP 30
Snyder 14

BTW, any of you Snyder folks know of a radio station that will be carrying this game that streams on the internet?

Mac, I've been leaning the same way since last night. I just have this feeling in my stomach that Snyder peaked last week and are ready for round ball. I hope my gut is right on this one cause I wanna see a Hawk Victory.

D-GOOD
11-26-2004, 01:47 PM
If Snyder doesnt turn the ball over I think they win. The offense has to stay on the field and use there size and speed to there advantage. I think it will be a great game no matter who wins. Snyder 48 Iowa Park 32

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by D-GOOD
If Snyder doesnt turn the ball over I think they win. The offense has to stay on the field and use there size and speed to there advantage. I think it will be a great game no matter who wins. Snyder 48 Iowa Park 32

With all due respect to Snyder, if WFHS could only score 12, Mineral Wells only 12, Gainesville 6, Breck 0, B-port 6, Bowie 0, only 2 teams have broken 20 points (one 21 one 24), then there is no way in hell that Snyder will score 48 points !

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Looking at head to head matchups between 4-3a and 5-3a gives 4-3a a 2-1 head to head record against 5-3a opponents. In the two games that the 4-3a opponent won....they won by an average of 2 touchdowns+. In the one game that 4-3a lost...they only lost by 1 point. These stats tell me that 4-3a is a little stronger district and that I should give the edge to Snyder in this game. I have all the respect in the world for IP....after all they put the whoop on my Bearcats last year...but I stand by the stats and give the edge to Snyder in a close one.

Vet, I'm sorry but I think your logic is flawed. While strength of the distric overall is relvant, it is impossible to draw conclusions about one district versus another.

vet93
11-26-2004, 02:23 PM
While I agree that you cannot make iron-clad predictions based on the strength of one district versus the other....I do think that you can look at the head to head matchups between the districts teams to give some guage as to how the districts stack up. I would feel a whole lot better about my predictions had the districts played 10 games combined instead of 3 games....but 3 games is all that I had to go by. I think that the main negative for Snyder has been their inconsistency. They play the first half of the Wylie game like they shouldn't be on the same field with them...and then turnaround and dominate the second half for the win. They play the first 3 quarters against Sweetwater like they are in a funk and then score 3 times in a manner of minutes. I don't really have a dog in this fight....it was just a hunch that I had based on comparing the head to head of the two districts.

Vet, I'm sorry but I think your logic is flawed. While strength of the distric overall is relvant, it is impossible to draw conclusions about one district versus another.

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by vet93
While I agree that you cannot make iron-clad predictions based on the strength of one district versus the other....I do think that you can look at the head to head matchups between the districts teams to give some guage as to how the districts stack up. I would feel a whole lot better about my predictions had the districts played 10 games combined instead of 3 games....but 3 games is all that I had to go by. I think that the main negative for Snyder has been their inconsistency. They play the first half of the Wylie game like they shouldn't be on the same field with them...and then turnaround and dominate the second half for the win. They play the first 3 quarters against Sweetwater like they are in a funk and then score 3 times in a manner of minutes. I don't really have a dog in this fight....it was just a hunch that I had based on comparing the head to head of the two districts.

Fair enough. As I said earlier, as the week as gone on, I think the Hawks win this one fairly easily. I don't mean any disrespect to Snyder. I just think the Hawks will be too much for them.

Black_Magic
11-26-2004, 03:25 PM
With all due respect to Snyder, if WFHS could only score 12, Mineral Wells only 12, Gainesville 6, Breck 0, B-port 6, Bowie 0, only 2 teams have broken 20 points (one 21 one 24), then there is no way in hell that Snyder will score 48 points ! Going to save this one for after the game. Bold statement for a team that is facing a 2000 yard rusher. Snyder has had alot tougher schedule than you aparently know. 4-3A is the toughest district in the state. Snyder is the co-district champ. you may eat that last statement. I remember Others who were forced to consume large amounts of CROW for comments prior to the Snyder - Wylie game.

Buckeye80
11-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Iowa Park wins this game 26-14 and gets one step closer to meeting my Buckeyes in two weeks. We never get to play anyone from west of the Dallas area. I hope we can just get deep enough in the playoffs to play some of these dominant teams from other areas. It would be very cool to see.

And just for anyone who cares:

Gilmer 31
Dallas Madison 6

That's my prediction for tomorrow.:cool:

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Going to save this one for after the game. Bold statement for a team that is facing a 2000 yard rusher. Snyder has had alot tougher schedule than you aparently know. 4-3A is the toughest district in the state. Snyder is the co-district champ. you may eat that last statement. I remember Others who were forced to consume large amounts of CROW for comments prior to the Snyder - Wylie game.

If it happens, I'll come on here and face it like a man, but it won't.

Da Mules
11-26-2004, 11:12 PM
as far as I'm concerned, you don't have to eat any crow Mac.. Snyder has improved every week since the Wylie game.. they are a very good ball club who can make other good ball clubs look bad; they made da Mules look pretty weak. They may just hand Sweetwater their heads next week.

Macarthur
11-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
as far as I'm concerned, you don't have to eat any crow Mac.. Snyder has improved every week since the Wylie game.. they are a very good ball club who can make other good ball clubs look bad; they made da Mules look pretty weak. They may just hand Sweetwater their heads next week.

I certainly give credit to Snyder. If you had told me before the game Snyder would only score21, I would have been very sure IP would win.

I tip my cap to the Tigers. If some of you remember, I made a post earlier in the week about how someone could beat IP. My comment was to get an early lead and control the clock. That's exactly what Snyder did. Congrats Tigers!

I'm proud of you Hawks for a great year!

Black_Magic
11-27-2004, 03:04 AM
With all due respect to Snyder, if WFHS could only score 12, Mineral Wells only 12, Gainesville 6, Breck 0, B-port 6, Bowie 0, only 2 teams have broken 20 points (one 21 one 24), then there is no way in hell that Snyder will score 48 points ! Baked Crow Coming Up!.. The Snyder O line ground some Hamburger Meat tonight.

jmcgee
11-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
lets hope both teams are ready for each other so they can give west texas the best game they've ever seen. it doesnt get any better than two long time rivals in 4a and now 3a and co-district champs playin for the region I championship.

Buffalo
11-27-2004, 03:16 AM
Heres one for you Sweetwater beat Lakeview, Lakeview beat Snyder, Wylie beat Sweetwater and Snyder beat Wylie, Snyder beat Lubb Cooper and Lubb Cooper beat Sweetwater the first time. Sweetwater beat Snyder 1st time. So to make all of this work out Snyder should beat Sweetwater round 2

jmcgee
11-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Thats the way its looking. Hope it dont turn out that way.

vet93
11-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Classy post Mac.....the Hawks had a GREAT season!

I certainly give credit to Snyder. If you had told me before the game Snyder would only score21, I would have been very sure IP would win.

I tip my cap to the Tigers. If some of you remember, I made a post earlier in the week about how someone could beat IP. My comment was to get an early lead and control the clock. That's exactly what Snyder did. Congrats Tigers!

I'm proud of you Hawks for a great year!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2004, 03:05 PM
I'll take a little of that crow myself. I thought IP's offense would be too much for Snyder. Turns out the Tiger LB's chased Swenson around all night and took him out of the game. He did make some big plays but not scores and that was huge. Great defense Snyder.