PDA

View Full Version : Bellville / Fairfield WOW

Brahma73
11-30-2002, 02:35 PM
Scoreboards are a cruel injustice. I watched a football game last night where one could certainly argue that the best team won. My Brahmas had their hands full and were indeed fortunate to be the team to advance. Eagles, my hat is off to you big time. What a gutsy, well-coached, discipline team you guys field. You represent your school, your district and your community well! It's a shame we can't both advance.

It was a real treat to watch a football game with so much end to end tension and excitement. Congratulations to both teams for leaving it all on the field. Good luck to Fairfield next year - you'll be back!

Go Bellville!!! Let's take this one all the way!

Bellville22
11-30-2002, 04:03 PM
For those fortunate enough to witness the Bellville/Fairfield game last night, you're probably still trying to catch your breath, and dislodge your heart from your throat. In my opinion, and granted I've only been on this earth for 21 years, you witnessed the best high school football game I've ever seen. Not only that, but you caught a glimpse of what TEXAS High School Football is all about, that being 22 teenage kids giving everything they have on every single play, not taking a single play off the entire night. If you wanted to make a movie about H.S. Football, show this game and you'll have a box-office hit.

To the guys from Fairfield: As hard as it may be after such an emotional blow, lift your heads high and be proud. You are among the elite teams in the state. You have the best defense I've seen in my day. And you play with more pride and determination than any team I've seen, and probably will see, and I plan on coaching soon. You guys were well coached and used your personel brilliantly. Last week I posted that you guys probably hadn't seen and offense like ours, and that our talent would take over in the end. You rose to the occasion and pretty much shut down one of the best O's in the state. (for those of you who will just look at numbers on this game, you have no idea what a difficult time Bellville had moving the ball, where those yards came from is beyond me.) It was a privilage to have the chance to watch our boys play you, and best of luck to you next year, congrats on a huge turnaround and a great season.

To the guys from Bellville: Way to scratch and claw and do what it took to come out of there with a W. People have bragged on the O all year, but last night the D realized what kind of game it would be, and took charge. Granted, you had to bend, sometimes more than you'd like, but only once did you break. Brilliant performance by you guys, and wonderful job by RB Tim coming in and putting huge pressure on the QB from DE position. Offense, you answered when you had to, and did what you had to do to get the job done. You ran into an extremely tough D, and although you took your licks, never backed down.

Hats off again to Fairfield on a wonderful game and season. Keep it rollin' Bellville, another huge game next week. We're all behind you.