PDA

View Full Version : How does Cuero's football look for the future?

Gobbla2001
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
7th grade A was undefeated last I heard....

8th grade A went undefeated

Freshmen went undefeated (they match up with our varsity physically, just need to get there mentally)

JV went 9-1 I believe...

Varsity still 12-0...

but how about the sub-junior high?

From the Victoria Advocate:

YOUTH FOOTBALL

Clay White scored two touchdowns to lead the Cuero White Gobblers to a 25-9 win over the Victoria TigerCats in the Crossroads Youth Football League's inaugural Senior Division Super Bowl on Saturday at Memorial Stadium. Aaron Bell and Monte Green-Avery also scored touchdowns for Cuero.

Bell and Mason Rickman had interceptions for the Gobblers, and Adam Hunter recovered a fumble. Jared Slaughter scored a touchdown and Jared Dolezal kicked a three-point conversion for the TigerCats.

---

Woo ha

gobbler grad
11-25-2004, 02:11 PM
these kids are born gobblers...can't wait to see them on the field:clap:

MagicMan
11-25-2004, 03:08 PM
it seems that Cuero always has a team with alot of potential

MagicMan
11-25-2004, 03:09 PM
i think it's the water...lol

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2004, 06:33 PM
nah it's not the water. I think it's those turkey legs at turkeyfest. Everyone has a turkey leg!!:p

crabman
11-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I think JV was 7-3. Hard to keep it together when all of the sophomores are starting on Varsity.
Two years from now will be the year. Our current freshmen lost their opening game their seventh grade year and haven't lost since. Unbelievable backs. Hargrove ran 10.83 100 meters last summer in the 8th grade. 6'-0" 185 lbs. Quincy Whittington (nephew of Arthur Whittington) has all of his uncles moves and speed. Little Schumacher at QB looks as good as his big brother at the same point in his career. Good line.
The eigth grade will be sophomores in two years. Fawlin Winfield and Desmond Patton at defensive end will be unstoppable. They call Desmond Michael Strahan. Looks just like him.
Our whole sophomore class will be seniors. Most of those kids do not know how to lose. They have been winning since the seventh grade. Ace Slone, Kyle Noack, Aric Kohl, Tre Grey, Courtney Williams, Dewone Williams (if he comes back).
The future looks very, very bright.

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Dont leave out Dason Jackson who hurt his neck in pre Distric and has been out since then .:clap:

SintonFan
11-25-2004, 10:36 PM
I hear yall we be AAAA in two years.:D

crabman
11-25-2004, 10:56 PM
You better smile.....................Our current ADA is 698. Cut off this year was 899. Town's not growing a whole lot. We'll probably be 3A for a long, long, time. Get used to us.

PhiI C
11-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by crabman
You better smile.....................Our current ADA is 698. Cut off this year was 899. Town's not growing a whole lot. We'll probably be 3A for a long, long, time. Get used to us.

I wish we could get you in our district! You could be our D1 representative. :)

crabman
11-25-2004, 11:01 PM
If Gonzales would get their act together they could be our D1 rep. We could end up playing the Goliads and Hallettsvilles of the world. Oh yeah, and Port Isabel. j/k

SintonFan
11-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I wish we could get you in our district! You could be our D1 representative. :)
Now that would be awesome!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:
A district with an up and coming Ingleside, Cuero and Sinton????
What a district!
Yes crabman, that's what the smilie was for.:D

PhiI C
11-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Now that would be awesome!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:
A district with an up and coming Ingleside, Cuero and Sinton????
What a district!
Yes crabman, that's what the smilie was for.:D

Actually Ingleside may pass Sinton in enrollment. We will have to wait and see at the count next year. From three years ago Sinton was ahead of Ingleside by about 71 students and then on last count Sinton was ahead by only 9 students and Ingleside is growing but I don't know what is going to happen with the base. If it closses the Ingleside will decrease if it stays it should keep growing. We will have to see but they did gain a lot on Sinton. Plus included in our last count was an exceptionally large class that graduated this year.

crabman
11-25-2004, 11:12 PM
I saw some of our results the other day from 1996. Wimberly was in our district. That's a haul. If we could go that far north we could darn sure go as far south as Sinton.

IN the future G-P mysteriously decides to build another high school and go with two 3A high schools. All of the football players end up at one. District becomes Ingleside, Sinton, G-P, Cuero, and we might as well throw in Yoakum. Of course, the UIL in their infinite wisdom will have expanded the playoffs to 5 teams by then.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I saw some of our results the other day from 1996. Wimberly was in our district. That's a haul. If we could go that far north we could darn sure go as far south as Sinton.

IN the future G-P mysteriously decides to build another high school and go with two 3A high schools. All of the football players end up at one. District becomes Ingleside, Sinton, G-P, Cuero, and we might as well throw in Yoakum. Of course, the UIL in their infinite wisdom will have expanded the playoffs to 5 teams by then.

Wouldn't doubt seeing that district...

Hell, I can remember Rice Consolidated being district 28 while Sealy was district 23... Heck, there are only 17 miles in between Sealy and Eagle Lake...

footballgal
11-25-2004, 11:16 PM
If Gonzales would get their act together they could be our D1 rep. We could end up playing the Goliads and Hallettsvilles of the world. Oh yeah, and Port Isabel. j/k

Bring it on! :clap: We're not skeered. :D

crabman
11-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Hope ya'll are taking care of Stumbaugh down there. Great Coach. Heard that the entire PI team will be at the Sinton/Cuero game Friday night. I wonder whose side they will sit on?

SintonFan
11-25-2004, 11:22 PM

lol
:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Hope ya'll are taking care of Stumbaugh down there. Great Coach. Heard that the entire PI team will be at the Sinton/Cuero game Friday night. I wonder whose side they will sit on?

I hope the Cuero side... Kinda wanted Hallettsville to win for our district, but, I can't go against Stump...

SintonFan
11-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wouldn't doubt seeing that district...

Hell, I can remember Rice Consolidated being district 28 while Sealy was district 23... Heck, there are only 17 miles in between Sealy and Eagle Lake...
:eek:

footballgal
11-25-2004, 11:23 PM
He's one of the best, don't know how you'll let him go! :doh:

Yeah I was wondering the exact same thing, where he will sit all 72 of the boys, maybe like someone mentioned in the middle (endzones):thinking:

Flourhead
11-26-2004, 02:56 AM
go gobblers