PDA

View Full Version : Former Jasper Coach, J.W. Booker, Dies In Abilene

kepdawg
11-24-2004, 04:06 PM
I don't know anymore than is in the article. I am not familiar with this gentleman; however, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Former Jasper Coach Dies In Abilene

11/24/04
By Mike Lout
Email this story to a friend

Former Jasper resident, long-time educator and coach, J.W. Booker has died at the age of 79. Booker passed away shortly after 2:am this morning in a hospital in Abilene after undergoing days of treatment for heart problems.

Booker and his wife Charlotte both retired from the Jasper Independent School District many years ago and moved to the Abilene area in west Texas in November of 2001.

Funeral services for Booker are pending at Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home in Abilene.

CheerMom
11-24-2004, 04:16 PM
My deepest sympathy to the family.

gobbler bro #49
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
IT'S REALY SAD

Hupernikomen
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I bet J_dog can fill us in...

j_dog
11-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I bet J_dog can fill us in...
I refuse to admit that I might know anyone who was 79!:)

He was the girls basketball coach, and a history teacher. I don't know how long he was at Jasper, but I think he came there about the time I entered high school. I seem to remember that he moved there from a smaller school, maybe West Sabine. He was a good coach, a good teacher, and a gentleman. I am sorry to hear of his passing.

easttexan1
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Just saw the Bookers at Catfish Cabin about 3-4 weeks ago. Looked great, talked positive. Graduated with his son Terry and Daughter-in-law Virginia. Fine fellow and a good christian man. I will miss him.