PDA

View Full Version : No offense to anyone but

Phil C
11-24-2004, 10:30 AM
I noticed that boys basketball is played at a faster pace than girls basketball. I just couldn't help but notice it. Remember this is something noticed by a big girls' basketball fan as well as volleyball, soccer and softball. It doesn't decrease my liking or support of girls' basketball or the other sports which are terrific.

Flourhead
11-24-2004, 10:32 AM
girls have always played a slower game... everything they is a certain play... they never have someone going for an alley-oop or just running around screens or trying to cross people up to drive through the lane...

jason
11-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I noticed that boys basketball is played at a faster pace than girls basketball. thats a given...guys are bigger, stronger, and faster...that being said, the game is played at a faster pace....

i remember before my senior year, i was at our gym playin pick up games, and a girl who was goin to SMU on a basketball scholarship was there, and she wanted to play with us (she was going to SMU as a post)...she was pretty big and she was pretty good (for a girl i guess), and we absolutely dominated her and it was in that instance i realized the drop-off of ability/talent from guys to girls athletics.....

spiveyrat
11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jason
...bigger, stronger, and faster...

At first, I thought your post was going to be a Six Million Dollar Man re-run. :D