PDA

View Full Version : Atascosa county just was hit ... Cuero there are some strong storms heading your way!

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
You guys watch the weather and we hope you don't get the brunt of this storm. The front had already passed through here in NW San Antonio.
Prayers and thoughts going out to our Cuero, Goliad and friends from the surrounding area.:)

Bandera YaYa
11-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow!! Hope you all are taking cover in Cuero and surrounding towns...looks real bad on TV....moving thru fast, but huge hail and high wind.....take care!

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 08:23 PM
WOAI channel 4 has the best coverage. Been on that channel last hour or so...
Jennifer Broom always does the best job.
:cool:

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Folks in Cuero are now being evacuated...:(

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
WOAI channel 4 has the best coverage. Been on that channel last hour or so...
Jennifer Broom always does the best job.
:cool:

Jennifer Broom is good ..... and she is going to have a baby REAL SOON -

thanks for the concern everyone :)

bccards
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
The Beaumont/Port Arthur/Orange area has been VERY LUCKY Today. The severe weather has only been about 20 miles north of Beaumont all day long.. There have been confirmed tornados with ONE Death in Silsbee due to the Tornado. We've been in a Tornado Watch since 9am this morning, and they will be reissuing the tornado watch for this area by 9pm this evening. There isn't a radio station in town that hasn't had the EAS going off all day long, it's pretty freaky when you turn on every single radio station and they're all making those eerie buzz and tone noises. It's even freakier when every single cable TV channel (even Digital) goes to a siren type sound and tells you to turn to a specific channel number for an emergency announcement. Jasper, Liberty, Newton, and Hardin Counties here in SETX have been hammered, time after time again.

Here's a map showing the bad weather so far today.
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/041123_rpts.gif

and Current Severe Weather Watches:
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/validww.gif

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 08:33 PM
That must be an old map bccards. The storms south and East of SA are horrible.

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 08:35 PM
The guy on channel 12 news was talking about the storms being 50,000 and 60,000 feet in the atmosphere and he said that was a huge indicator of the intensity..... I don't know much about all that kinda stuff but he sounded like it was a really really big storm cell......

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bccards
The Beaumont/Port Arthur/Orange area has been VERY LUCKY Today. The severe weather has only been about 20 miles north of Beaumont all day long.. There have been confirmed tornados with ONE Death in Silsbee due to the Tornado. We've been in a Tornado Watch since 9am this morning, and they will be reissuing the tornado watch for this area by 9pm this evening. There isn't a radio station in town that hasn't had the EAS going off all day long, it's pretty freaky when you turn on every single radio station and they're all making those eerie buzz and tone noises. It's even freakier when every single cable TV channel (even Digital) goes to a siren type sound and tells you to turn to a specific channel number for an emergency announcement. Jasper, Liberty, Newton, and Hardin Counties here in SETX have been hammered, time after time again.

Here's a map showing the bad weather so far today.
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/041123_rpts.gif

and Current Severe Weather Watches:
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/validww.gif
Cool! The weather map is auto-updating...:clap: :cool:

bccards
11-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That must be an old map bccards. The storms south and East of SA are horrible.

the NWS hasn't turned the storm reports in to the SPC yet, that takes a few hours sometimes. Everyone keep safe! Another Tornado Warning just issued for Newton County (4th one today!)

Old Green
11-23-2004, 08:55 PM
The thunder is starting to rumble pretty good hear now

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
The thunder is starting to rumble pretty good hear now

WOW that was some kind of storm..... thankfully looks like we were spared the hail .. but had some high gusty winds. Guess I'll find out in the AM how bad the damage was, if any.

Highschoolfan78
11-23-2004, 09:50 PM
There were reports of a tornado in southern DeWitt county. Glad it was further off and not close to here.

gobblerfan02
11-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
WOW that was some kind of storm..... thankfully looks like we were spared the hail .. but had some high gusty winds. Guess I'll find out in the AM how bad the damage was, if any.

Hope everything is OK @ my house, MOM is HOME ALONE TONIGHT, dad is coming in from work and staying w/ the kids in SA tonight!

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Hope everything is OK @ my house, MOM is HOME ALONE TONIGHT, dad is coming in from work and staying w/ the kids in SA tonight!

Is he cooking for you? lol ....... I am sure mom is OK..

chs_cheer06
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
I was on my way home from Snook (little town outside of Caldwell) around 8:30 and there was hail hitting our car and very strong winds... It looked cool outside (but scary) because the lightening had the WHOLE sky lit up!

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by chs_cheer06
I was on my way home from Snook around 8:30 and there was hail hitting our car and very strong winds... It looked cool outside (but scary) because the lightening had the WHOLE sky lit up!

yea, the lightning was awesome....... glad you got home OK..

TAMUGRAD
11-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Pea sized hail in Nursery tonight and the in-laws report (from lower mission valley road in Victoria County) that the neighbors barn was blown apart. The pieces are in thier yard, big oak trees and power lines down, they say it looks like damage from hurricane Claudete. Nobody hurt, hope everyone in the area is safe.

chs_cheer06
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
yea, the lightning was awesome....... glad you got home OK..

Thanks.. we were going like 20 down the highway and we had to stop at a friends house while it passed...

SintonFan
11-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm glad yall got home safe.:cool:

chs_cheer06
11-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Thanks... the only thing that got hurt was my car.. I hope everyone is okay.. just a word of advice.. DON'T TRAVEL IN THE WEATHER!! IT'S SCARY!